OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:53 pm
D Griff wrote:
:word: I am not pointing the finger at anyone, I am cool with everyone here as far as I know.

I guess just like everything else in the world, this place is now too divisive to exist peacefully.

:pouroneout: :ohwell:
Hey fuck you, pal.
:mahman:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm Did we lose 2 members to policing this year ? I mean the whole point is there aren’t that many of us left.

This forum Has maybe 8-10 active users. To have 2/3 police their opinions on others is not right imo. Yes obviously I can stop posting and leave as others have, but I do value whatever we have left here, for now.

But that dwindles every day when people disappear
They left of their own accord, and not from policing.
Brad also left other social circles recently, so this wasn't an isolated incident.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm Did we lose 2 members to policing this year ? I mean the whole point is there aren’t that many of us left.

This forum Has maybe 8-10 active users. To have 2/3 police their opinions on others is not right imo. Yes obviously I can stop posting and leave as others have, but I do value whatever we have left here, for now.

Brad also left other social circles recently, so this wasn't an isolated incident.
:word:

I do think some people were pretty dang mean to Brad, it was legit bullying. :ohwell: Some of his views that were being shot down were asinine, sure, but to resort to bullying is some :thankstrump: shit.

Anyway. I am going to get off my soapbox now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 pm Put it underneath. Even the cheapo chinese stuff works. I'm guessing that soon I'll end up wearing stuff like that almost every day underneath whatever regular clothes. I switched a year or two ago to the uniqlo "airism" underwear and that alone made a noticeable difference in comfort.
:dat: I got some Hanes synthetic shirts for $9... they're long sleeve but they're way comfier outside than cotton for heating or cooling and they protect my arms from the sun. They look geeky :doe:

I hate wearing exercise gear in public.
Because I'm a giant, I need "tall size" athletic shirts...found some on Amazon that work 5/7 that I wear biking and whatnot, but because I use them for biking, they're in SUPER BRIGHT colors that I wouldn't want to wear in public. Highlighter yellow, neon pink, neon orange, etc.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm What I love about Waxer is his ability to live a :waxer: lifestyle unapologetically.

I always enjoy seeing what he’s up to, what he’s bought, what he’s waxed, etc.

What I don’t enjoy, are the attacks on reasonable thought and scientific discourse.

I attempted to have a discussion with him about science and he steamrolled it all with memes and Bernie Bro attacks. I rank anti-science mindsets right up there with racism. It’s unacceptable.

So what I’ll do is this. I’ll release him from Сибирь. I’m sure he’ll bitch out anyway, and I’ll just stop posting outside of the bike thread and my house thread.

I’ve really just had it with the whole anti-science movement. It’s fucking out of control, and we’re headed straight for 1930s Germany.
Germany in the 1930S was very pro science, what a strange parallel to draw
The problem is mixing science with politics. It's made things particularly :disgust: as of late.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That's not true. I have a direct message to prove the contrary
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

:dat:

Also, at a certain point, circle jerking to the same opinions is kind of dull.

I guess I should stick with the car/bike sections and call it.

I actually have pretty aligned views with [user not found] and [user not found] for the most part as-is, but I'm not about censorship/dictatorship.
Today's culture in society no longer allows for healthy productive debate. It's just name calling and character bashing, and that drives the wedge between differing views even deeper. I find it profoundly sad as someone who tends to find things to agree with on both sides. I hate all politicians for example, and think we're all swirling around the toilet bowl regardless of who's in power. But believing in one thing or another automatically aligns you with a side and brands you as an asshole to the other. I'm done with it.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:08 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

:dat:

Also, at a certain point, circle jerking to the same opinions is kind of dull.

I guess I should stick with the car/bike sections and call it.

I actually have pretty aligned views with [user not found] and [user not found] for the most part as-is, but I'm not about censorship/dictatorship.
Today's culture in society no longer allows for healthy productive debate. It's just name calling and character bashing, and that drives the wedge between differing views even deeper. I find it profoundly sad as someone who tends to find things to agree with on both sides. I hate all politicians for example, and think we're all swirling around the toilet bowl regardless of who's in power. But believing in one thing or another automatically aligns you with a side and brands you as an asshole to the other. I'm done with it.
that is the exact issue. And all these comparisons immediately start flying

YOU'RE A NAZI
YOU'RE A COMMUIST
YOU'RE A RACIST

ok world... nothing is that black and white,
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Send it, I'm not aware of any DM.
max225

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:11 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm
I mean it was private for a reason. The exact paraphrasing is, "I am done with this place because they can't handle opposing opinions". Sure we can sit back and say "They left on their own accord".

But even in this very thread it seems like they were to Сибирь.

How is that "left on their own accord"?

That said, I am heavily self censoring myself already, so I don't have too many qualms with this. Just trying to point out others aren't as tolerant. And chipping away at the 10 active members is a whole new level of :thisisfine:

Not everyone will agree with you, no matter what you THINK is the right answer. You can hide behind various things online. To me there is no difference between someone quoting "science" or someone posting "memes"

This forum is a shit show, not a scientific discourse. Disagree? sure move on. But coming in with I AM THE LAW, because I have a little red "mod" next to my name and I can SILENCE YOU attitude is fucking disgusting.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:08 pm

YOU'RE A NAZI
YOU'RE A COMMUIST
YOU'RE A RACIST

Exactly! We (the world) are trying to force people onto opposite sides because why exactly? We're all unique with our own views, and I personally would like to see those views openly shared WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE EQUALLY OPEN.

Name calling, characterizing, and categorizing people based off a single view is childish and stupid, and I don't think should be tolerated. I know many consider that :gay: or makes me a :pussy: or a :millennial: looking for a participation award, but we're never going to start to unify if we can't first be civil and respectful.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm

I mean it was private for a reason. The exact paraphrasing is, "I am done with this place because they can't handle opposing opinions". Sure we can sit back and say "They left on their own accord".

But even in this very thread it seems like they were to Sibir
Left on his own accord means I didn't ban him or otherwise force him out.
Hell, I never even put him in Сибирь.

FWIW, since we're discussing the unseen I often defended Brad.
Sure, I thought his actions were less than exemplary, and his opinions disappointment, but he's not a bad person.
I've told [user not found] and [user not found] several times that I disapprove with how situations were handled.

Shit, just today I told [user not found] I didn't approve of sending Waxer to Сибирь.

Take that as you will I suppose, but that's the :melon: of it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That said, I am heavily self censoring myself already, so I don't have too many qualms with this. Just trying to point out others aren't as tolerant. And chipping away at the 10 active members is a whole new level of :thisisfine:

Not everyone will agree with you, no matter what you THINK is the right answer. You can hide behind various things online. To me there is no difference between someone quoting "science" or someone posting "memes"

This forum is a shit show, not a scientific discourse. Disagree? sure move on. But coming in with I AM THE LAW, because I have a little red "mod" next to my name and I can SILENCE YOU attitude is fucking disgusting.
:notwrong:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Guys, I remembered that I have pizza rolls in the freezer!
Going to heat some of those bad boys up for lunch. :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Knoxville elitist!

TBH, this whole Vid thing has made me.........angry at those ignore basic facts about a communicable disease that obviously exists. Guys who have an inalienable right to drink at Buffalo Wild Wings. Guys who hang their nose over their mask because its more comfortable that way. Guys who "don't like masks." So eff Brad on that issue. But certainly not on other science issues

Brad and Eric lent valuable content to this forum. Like every single airboater, those guys were passing math classes long after I started failing them. Lots of good info on all things mechanical. Cars, motorcycles, potfillers, guns, Louisiana housing issues. Hell, Brad started a "Nuclear News" thread. That's real content, and so losing those guys is............a loss in terms of a sustainable forum. If I wanted to agree with everyone on every topic I would hang out by myself in my backyard with a cooler of beer.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm

YOU'RE A NAZI
YOU'RE A COMMUIST
YOU'RE A RACIST

Exactly! We (the world) are trying to force people onto opposite sides because why exactly? We're all unique with our own views, and I personally would like to see those views openly shared WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE EQUALLY OPEN.

Name calling, characterizing, and categorizing people based off a single view is childish and stupid, and I don't think should be tolerated. I know many consider that :gay: or makes me a :pussy: or a :millennial: looking for a participation award, but we're never going to start to unify if we can't first be civil and respectful.
I think on some level political beliefs have come to define too much of a person.
Reminds me of the scene in Dogma when they're discussing religious beliefs. Think of them as 'ideas' which are more fluid, opening to change as new information comes is.
That's all they are, ideas, and it's ok to be wrong when it's an opinion.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 pm Guys, I remembered that I have pizza rolls in the freezer!
Going to heat some of those bad boys up for lunch. :fuckyeah:
:jelly:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 pm
Brad and Eric lent valuable content to this forum. Like every single airboater, those guys were passing math classes long after I started failing them. Lots of good info on all things mechanical. Cars, motorcycles, potfillers, guns, Louisiana housing issues. Hell, Brad started a "Nuclear News" thread. That's real content, and so losing those guys is............a loss in terms of a sustainable forum. If I wanted to agree with everyone on every topic I would hang out by myself in my backyard with a cooler of beer.
I never had an issue with disagreeing with those two.
More so in how they handled said disagreement.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's been a year of inter-personal conflicts for sure. Everyone is on heightened alert and on edge.
I'm just trying to make it through without losing any more friends.

I think a lot of people can have some shitty beliefs, that I can over look, and are still decent people.
We still have to live with each other after this.

"poor lines being drawn, if nobody's right, then everybody's wrong"
I probably botched that, but you get the idea.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm

You know what the best part about this forum is?

We don’t answer to any sponsors, we don’t create any revenue. We built it because we wanted to, we could shut it down if we wanted to.

If you have a problem, leave.
This isn’t news I’m pointing out to those of you in power of silencing others here that soon there will be no one left when there are single digit members here
Desertbreh

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 pm It's been a year of inter-personal conflicts for sure. Everyone is on heightened alert and on edge.
I'm just trying to make it through without losing any more friends.

I think a lot of people can have some shitty beliefs, that I can over look, and are still decent people.
We still have to live with each other after this.

"poor lines being drawn, if nobody's right, then everybody's wrong"
I probably botched that, but you get the idea.
This. I guess I have not "lost" any friends but there's a couple of guys I am just going to get in a fight with as long as their lives are inconvenienced by the Covid, and I'm just not talking to those guys right now.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm

I think on some level political beliefs have come to define too much of a person.
Reminds me of the scene in Dogma when they're discussing religious beliefs. Think of them as 'ideas' which are more fluid, opening to change as new information comes is.
So much this.

I have opinions on things, but I distrust all media so much that I don't even know what's right and wrong anymore. That's why I like discussions where I can start to formulate opinions. BUT, I like to see both sides of an argument, I think it's wise and healthy.

I'm also perfectly capable of ignoring memes and rhetoric that I object to. No skin off my back to just keep scrolling. :iono:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:40 pm There's a couple of guys I am just going to get in a fight with as long as their lives are inconvenienced by the Covid, and I'm just not talking to those guys right now.
Same, I'm definitely minding my own business while things cool off.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:24 pm

So much this.

I have opinions on things, but I distrust all media so much that I don't even know what's right and wrong anymore. That's why I like discussions where I can start to formulate opinions. BUT, I like to see both sides of an argument, I think it's wise and healthy.

I'm also perfectly capable of ignoring memes and rhetoric that I object to. No skin off my back to just keep scrolling. :iono:
:word:

There's people I can have open discussions with, and those I can't.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm Also, FWIW... I'm not going to get involved in drama on here. But I don't think censorship belongs on a forum that was created to be about nothing. I think it will ultimately drive people away and kill the forum. We are like 20 people, for every few that leave, the place will become more dead and eventually nothing.
I gotta say that this resonates with me too. How are we at a finite supremacy of scientific knowledge and must all fully agree with scientific theories as they stand today? Half the shit we believed in the 50s, 60s, 70s 80s, 90s and so on has changed as we learn more as a society.

I really don't care what everyone believes is right and wrong, but it is interesting to hear about different perspectives. If something is way out to lunch people will comment or challenge those beliefs and that to me sounds like a healthy exchange, but to force only those "scientific" beliefs of the admins has a name and it isn't a good look guys.

I'm saying this with the utmost respect and agreement with the majority of admins and their views, so please take it with a grain of :salt: , just purely expressing it to better offer a diplomatic viewpoint.