OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 pm Still love the cooler temps :doe: but I think shorts weather is over for me unless I'm working out or something.
Just don't start mailing me suspicious packages from your little shed.
:boxodicks:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:13 pm I know I will be told I'm :wrong: but one of my favorite bits of this time of year is the 30+ degree temperature swings between day and night. It'll get down to 42 tonight then up to 75 tomorrow.
:notwrong:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:11 pm

Just don't start mailing me suspicious packages from your little shed.
:boxodicks:
;) I'll allow it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm Also, FWIW... I'm not going to get involved in drama on here. But I don't think censorship belongs on a forum that was created to be about nothing. I think it will ultimately drive people away and kill the forum. We are like 20 people, for every few that leave, the place will become more dead and eventually nothing.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

I can filter on my own and decide what I agree/disagree with and engage in myself.
:dat:

No one here is dumb enough to just read someone's random post and all of a sudden take it as a fact with no other info. :fax: conspiracy theories around the 'VID for example, were :wrong: in my opinion, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to them. I thought this was America.

Also, if we're not debating shit, what else is there to discuss? That is the point of a forum. We are no longer united around circle jerking to :mk6: :tuna:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 pm First of all, I'm fat.

Second of all, even when was thin it never bothered me.
That being said, there is an adjustment period, and sitting on a bench at 45 is a lot different than working in the garage busting my ass in 45 degree weather.
When I'm normally making heat through caloric consumption, the lower atmospheric temps aid my cooling.

Just don't drop a wrench on your foot, shit hurts so much worse when it's cold.
Oh man, this is so true. Working outside, I'll take below 50 degree temps all day. That's jeans and t-shirt for me and I love not being sweaty. Much over 60 and I sweat for what seems to be no reason.
Doing work plus low/zero wind is a big change from just sitting/walking outside. I'll shovel snow in a t-shirt as long as I have boots and gloves on - keeping hands and feet dry+warm is my main issue.

I'm sitting outside right now having lunch. It's been about 20 minutes, 64F and shaded, and my hands are getting to the point where it's too cold to stay out here... in pants and a sweater.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Oh man, this is so true. Working outside, I'll take below 50 degree temps all day. That's jeans and t-shirt for me and I love not being sweaty. Much over 60 and I sweat for what seems to be no reason.
God yes. I did my whole backyard project in April and it was fairly easy to work 9 hours straight. Doing it in the summer I would have been able to do two at a time.
We poured our 12x12 concrete patio in June. I've never sweat so much in my life and ended up sick the next day from heat exhaustion and/or sun stroke. Absolute misery.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:15 pm

I can filter on my own and decide what I agree/disagree with and engage in myself.

No one here is dumb enough to just read someone's random post and all of a sudden take it as a fact with no other info. :fax: conspiracy theories around the 'VID for example, were :wrong: in my opinion, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to them. I thought this was America.

Also, if we're not debating shit, what else is there to discuss? That is the point of a forum. We are no longer united around circle jerking to :mk6: :tuna:
:dat: :mahman:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Yep.
There are all these camera companies trying to sell fever detecting cameras to me. Every time I point out that six months ago that camera was being used for machinery and data centers they always get very quiet about capabilities.
Any way to make a buck... :lol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:wrong:

Memes are the only credible source of information these days.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm God yes. I did my whole backyard project in April and it was fairly easy to work 9 hours straight. Doing it in the summer I would have been able to do two at a time.
We poured our 12x12 concrete patio in June. I've never sweat so much in my life and ended up sick the next day from heat exhaustion and/or sun stroke. Absolute misery.
One thing I'm learning from buying :fancy: bike shit is that the modern fabrics really work. It's more comfortable even in the heat to wear tights and long sleeves to pull the sweat off the skin than to wear regular shorts/t-shirts.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:15 pm No one here is dumb enough to just read someone's random post and all of a sudden take it as a fact with no other info. :fax: conspiracy theories around the 'VID for example, were :wrong: in my opinion, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to them. I thought this was America.
I also didn't need it shoved in my face every five minutes either.

We can have debates, but lately these aren't debates, they're visceral and mean spirited posts.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:dat: and it seems like a good portion of us strongly agree here. let’s see what the Master says in return.

Unless of course we start our own forum. And make it full of 8 people of a total of 20 which was curated through the ban of those that disagreed with the other authoritarian leadership In a forum about gaypr.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:15 pm No one here is dumb enough to just read someone's random post and all of a sudden take it as a fact with no other info. :fax: conspiracy theories around the 'VID for example, were :wrong: in my opinion, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to them. I thought this was America.

We can have debates, but lately these aren't debates, they're visceral and mean spirited posts.
That's the world now though. Everyone is :wrong: AF and if you're not an asshole, you're a :pussy:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
Detroit wrote: We poured our 12x12 concrete patio in June. I've never sweat so much in my life and ended up sick the next day from heat exhaustion and/or sun stroke. Absolute misery.
One thing I'm learning from buying :fancy: bike shit is that the modern fabrics really work. It's more comfortable even in the heat to wear tights and long sleeves to pull the sweat off the skin than to wear regular shorts/t-shirts.
Exercise gear for sure...but when I'm working in the yard, things get torn, and stained from dirt, etc...I can't bring myself to wear expensive clothes for that.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm One thing I'm learning from buying :fancy: bike shit is that the modern fabrics really work. It's more comfortable even in the heat to wear tights and long sleeves to pull the sweat off the skin than to wear regular shorts/t-shirts.
Exercise gear for sure...but when I'm working in the yard, things get torn, and stained from dirt, etc...I can't bring myself to wear expensive clothes for that.
Put it underneath. Even the cheapo chinese stuff works. I'm guessing that soon I'll end up wearing stuff like that almost every day underneath whatever regular clothes. I switched a year or two ago to the uniqlo "airism" underwear and that alone made a noticeable difference in comfort.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm

:dat: and it seems like a good portion of us strongly agree here. let’s see what the Master says in return.

Unless of course we start our own forum. And make it full of 8 people of a total of 20 which was curated through the ban of those that disagreed with the other authoritarian leadership In a forum about gaypr.
I've made myself clear about what I will and won't tolerate but I'm not the only one that admins this place.
Being master of none is not being master at all
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:26 pm That's the world now though. Everyone is :wrong: AF and if you're not an asshole, you're a :pussy:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Ban/warn/whatever actual mean spirited posts/people, sure. But not allowing people to express their views on an open forum defeats the entire point.

I disagree with :waxer: vehemently on the climate change issue, for example, but he has in no way ever been disrespectful to anyone about that. I don't see where the problem lies with him expressing how he feels.

Max's point is quite valid, this forum was started because we all didn't want to :dealwithit: when the mods over there didn't allow us to post certain things.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Exercise gear for sure...but when I'm working in the yard, things get torn, and stained from dirt, etc...I can't bring myself to wear expensive clothes for that.
Put it underneath. Even the cheapo chinese stuff works. I'm guessing that soon I'll end up wearing stuff like that almost every day underneath whatever regular clothes. I switched a year or two ago to the uniqlo "airism" underwear and that alone made a noticeable difference in comfort.
:dat: I got some Hanes synthetic shirts for $9... they're long sleeve but they're way comfier outside than cotton for heating or cooling and they protect my arms from the sun. They look geeky :doe:

I hate wearing exercise gear in public.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm What I love about Waxer is his ability to live a :waxer: lifestyle unapologetically.

I always enjoy seeing what he’s up to, what he’s bought, what he’s waxed, etc.

What I don’t enjoy, are the attacks on reasonable thought and scientific discourse.

I attempted to have a discussion with him about science and he steamrolled it all with memes and Bernie Bro attacks. I rank anti-science mindsets right up there with racism. It’s unacceptable.

So what I’ll do is this. I’ll release him from Сибирь. I’m sure he’ll bitch out anyway, and I’ll just stop posting outside of the bike thread and my house thread.

I’ve really just had it with the whole anti-science movement. It’s fucking out of control, and we’re headed straight for 1930s Germany.
Germany in the 1930S was very pro science, what a strange parallel to draw
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 pm

Ban/warn/whatever actual mean spirited posts/people, sure. But not allowing people to express their views on an open forum defeats the entire point.

I disagree with :waxer: vehemently on the climate change issue, for example, but he has in no way ever been disrespectful to anyone about that. I don't see where the problem lies with him expressing how he feels.

Max's point is quite valid, this forum was started because we all didn't want to :dealwithit: when the mods over there didn't allow us to post certain things.
I've never banned anyone over a disagreement, or sent anyone to Сибирь.

Some have left on their own, and I deleted a stupid spat Max and I had once, that's been about it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 pm

I've never banned anyone over a disagreement, or sent anyone to Сибирь.

Some have left on their own, and I deleted a stupid spat Max and I had once, that's been about it.
:word: I am not pointing the finger at anyone, I am cool with everyone here as far as I know.

I guess just like everything else in the world, this place is now too divisive to exist peacefully.

:pouroneout: :ohwell:
max225

Did we lose 2 members to policing this year ? I mean the whole point is there aren’t that many of us left.

This forum Has maybe 8-10 active users. To have 2/3 police their opinions on others is not right imo. Yes obviously I can stop posting and leave as others have, but I do value whatever we have left here, for now.

But that dwindles every day when people disappear
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:46 pm I've never banned anyone over a disagreement, or sent anyone to Сибирь.

:word: I am not pointing the finger at anyone, I am cool with everyone here as far as I know.

I guess just like everything else in the world, this place is now too divisive to exist peacefully.

:pouroneout: :ohwell:
Hey fuck you, pal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm Did we lose 2 members to policing this year ? I mean the whole point is there aren’t that many of us left.

This forum Has maybe 8-10 active users. To have 2/3 police their opinions on others is not right imo. Yes obviously I can stop posting and leave as others have, but I do value whatever we have left here, for now.

But that dwindles every day when people disappear

Also, at a certain point, circle jerking to the same opinions is kind of dull.

I guess I should stick with the car/bike sections and call it.

I actually have pretty aligned views with [user not found] and [user not found] for the most part as-is, but I'm not about censorship/dictatorship.