Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Audrey starts kindergarten tomorrow.
:therapist:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 am That is rediculous heat :waxer: and :225: , how long is it supposed to last for?
Another couple of days ... just insanity here
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

We’ve got a fire raging a little east of us too. Started Saturday afternoon. Up to 10000 acres now and 1% contained.
max225

max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 am We’ve got a fire raging a little east of us too. Started Saturday afternoon. Up to 10000 acres now and 1% contained.
Yea my buddy “escaped” the bay by booking a hotel in San Diego for 3 weeks ... heat wave and fires followed him :-/
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:57 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 am That is rediculous heat :waxer: and :225: , how long is it supposed to last for?
Another couple of days ... just insanity here
:thisisfine:

Interesting, glad it will be over soon at least,that place desperately needs rain and lots of it.

I think you guys are getting relegated from your perch as best place to live for great weather, at least this year.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:02 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 am We’ve got a fire raging a little east of us too. Started Saturday afternoon. Up to 10000 acres now and 1% contained.
Yea my buddy “escaped” the bay by booking a hotel in San Diego for 3 weeks ... heat wave and fires followed him :-/
Damn.

It’s nice and foggy here this morning, hopefully it helps them fight the fire with the moisture in the air. It’s keeping the smoke down for now at least.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Windy, dark gray, and a cold-feeling 69F here now. Need a sweatshirt to sit outside. The forecast says partly cloudy and 82 this afternoon though which would be nice if it actually happens.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:34 am Windy, dark gray, and a cold-feeling 69F here now. Need a sweatshirt to sit outside. The forecast says partly cloudy and 82 this afternoon though which would be nice if it actually happens.
Wind sucks, but the rest of that sounds nice. I run super hot, so mid-high 60s is perfect for me.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

79 and sunny here, high of 82. Trying to figure out anything to do today.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:34 am Windy, dark gray, and a cold-feeling 69F here now. Need a sweatshirt to sit outside. The forecast says partly cloudy and 82 this afternoon though which would be nice if it actually happens.
Wind sucks, but the rest of that sounds nice. I run super hot, so mid-high 60s is perfect for me.
It's very much Fall weather, with leaves blowing all over and stuff. Fun if you're bundled up with your Uggs, scarf, and PSL but I take issue with that happening before October.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:21 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:12 am

:thisisfine:

Interesting, glad it will be over soon at least,that place desperately needs rain and lots of it.

I think you guys are getting relegated from your perch as best place to live for great weather, at least this year.
Hell up your way has looked pretty fantastic this year Mario!
The summer is always amazing, and I'm good with 3 months of winter as well but we suffer with 6 months of winter which IMO is too long and depressing.

I loved the last five months, and look forward to a cooler jean jacket like coolness for a month.
Last edited by Tar on Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:50 am
SAWCE wrote:
It's very much Fall weather, with leaves blowing all over and stuff. Fun if you're bundled up with your Uggs, scarf, and PSL but I take issue with that happening before October.
:notwrong:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Until March?? :)

I'm in Arizona right now, but as max said, it's crazy at home too.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Speaking of SF and pay area. My friend flew back to Palo Alto cause stanford is calling him back since he works at it's lab. But overall happy there and sad when he was about to leave. But that's life.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:54 pm Speaking of SF and pay area. My friend flew back to Palo Alto cause stanford is calling him back since he works at it's lab. But overall happy there and sad when he was about to leave. But that's life.
There are many reasons why this place costs what it costs. Most of the time it’s nice. But we’re going through a natural disaster, just like a volcano in Hawaii or a hurricane in Florida or a blizzard in the northwest or a tornado in Kansas. Shit happens.

But this happens to be the worst one of my entire time here
SAWCE

Apparently one of the fires out here was caused by an explosive at a gender reveal party. If you’re so fucking stupid that you’re going into the dry ass mountains in 100° heat with explosives just to get some stupid fucking videos of your reaction then you’re too fucking stupid to raise a child. I hope they’re fined and jailed.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:04 pm Apparently one of the fires out here was caused by an explosive at a gender reveal party. If you’re so fucking stupid that you’re going into the dry ass mountains in 100° heat with explosives just to get some stupid fucking videos of your reaction then you’re too fucking stupid to raise a child. I hope they’re fined and jailed.
Let the kid decide for themselves! Isn’t that what Cali is all about?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:04 pm Apparently one of the fires out here was caused by an explosive at a gender reveal party. If you’re so fucking stupid that you’re going into the dry ass mountains in 100° heat with explosives just to get some stupid fucking videos of your reaction then you’re too fucking stupid to raise a child. I hope they’re fined and jailed.
Let the kid decide for themselves! Isn’t that what Cali is all about?
:notwrong: :impressive:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
74* and sunny here today. Gonna get stormy and cold the rest of the week starting tomorrow.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:37 pm
Until March?? :)

I'm in Arizona right now, but as max said, it's crazy at home too.
Nah I'd be out of there if I could. I spent a short stint in Atlantic City one winter and it was nice. I guess that the ocean keeps temps feeling fantastic throughout most of the year. :iono:

It was weird though, on one side of the tracks (actual train tracks, like WTF) you have upscale living and on the other was a ghetto.

I imagine NC coastline to have a similar coastline. I'd be about those weather conditions in a somewhat safe and upscale subdivision and within a 1hr drive to a metropolis with an airport.

Mountain life like Utah sounds 5/7 too, trade up for a cabin, :jeep: :truck: , breed pups for 4k/piece until my weed/edible manufacturing/delivery service got off the ground (or whatever legal derivative of being a professional "self-employed" business owner I'd become while living there.

I think my end game for this life, and once the kids are moved out, will be to see the house and move closer to Grand Bend. A lot of Toronto people and even Michigan people have moved there permanently in the last few years. Its growing a lot, but for now land is cheap and farms can be had.
max225

Gender reveal and stupidity have a 100% correlation. No one in their right mind should be throwing those parties. Also aren’t we in a plandemic ? Why are they throwing parties ?
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
Gender reveal and stupidity have a 100% correlation. No one in their right mind should be throwing those parties. Also aren’t we in a plandemic ? Why are they throwing parties ?
If we live in fear then the terrorist virus wins.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:34 pm
:dat: