OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:07 am We should close out this OT before Monday. Weekends are dead in DFD :doe: :sad:
I meant to be posting yesterday and forgot.
:therapist:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I had a dumb dream that my wife's T-reg was loaded up with our stuff, my phone included and it needed to pass through a conveyor that needed to pull it up a hill (because :minivan: tires :iono: ), when we got to the top on foot there were huge parking lots and random people walking around but no truck. M-Fer was gone, stolen with no witnesses. For some strange reason I was pissed off that the insurance buy out wasn't going to cover the cost of a decent replacement. :lolol:
I went hunting for those fucks haha
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:40 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Hey Gragas
Hahaha, took me a second to remember.
I was second guessing myself on remembering that correctly for a bit after posting.
Calvinball

SAWCE wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 am
Calvinball wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:40 am

Hahaha, took me a second to remember.
I was second guessing myself on remembering that correctly for a bit after posting.
I actually played just as much or maybe more as the fire guy. I could get him leveled pretty quick to have a combo that would take out anyone.
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 am

I actually played just as much or maybe more as the fire guy. I could get him leveled pretty quick to have a combo that would take out anyone.
Brand? He was annoying to play against since people took him to the top lane and I was up there with a close range fighter and couldn’t touch his long range.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Boss sent out a department email with a schedule as the rest of us return to the office next week. I get to WFH on Wednesdays and Fridays. :notbad: that would be sweet if that schedule continued indefinitely.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am Boss sent out a department email with a schedule as the rest of us return to the office next week. I get to WFH on Wednesdays and Fridays. :notbad: that would be sweet if that schedule continued indefinitely.
Probably the best case scenario, tbh. Mid-week slump = WFH

Friday excitement = WFH
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:24 am
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am Boss sent out a department email with a schedule as the rest of us return to the office next week. I get to WFH on Wednesdays and Fridays. :notbad: that would be sweet if that schedule continued indefinitely.

Friday excitement = WFH
Yeah, I’m happy with that arrangement.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Friday excitement = WFH
:dat: I used to do Tuesdays and Fridays back before the ‘VID started.

How was everyone’s weekends?

We hung out with our across the street neighbors Friday night after meeting them on the street for the first time. They were actually 5/7 people, look forward to hanging again. Saturday I did yard work, planted some new shrubs and shit. Sunday did a bike ride with a friend, cut the grass, did a bit of work on the C5, grilled out.

:notbad:
SAWCE

Didn’t do too much over the weekend.. Woke up early both days and got Ava to the park before other people and dogs showed up and it got too hot.. hit the gym, cleaned around the house, went grocery shopping.

Gyms are finally legally allowed to open indoors again out here, but only at 10% capacity. At my gym that means 43 people at a time. There’s gonna be a line to get in, but they treat me like an employee and let me bypass the line, so that’ll be nice. And with only 43 people in there it should feel pretty empty like it used to before all this BS started.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:29 am Didn’t do too much over the weekend.. Woke up early both days and got Ava to the park before other people and dogs showed up and it got too hot.. hit the gym, cleaned around the house, went grocery shopping.

Gyms are finally legally allowed to open indoors again out here, but only at 10% capacity. At my gym that means 43 people at a time. There’s gonna be a line to get in, but they treat me like an employee and let me bypass the line, so that’ll be nice. And with only 43 people in there it should feel pretty empty like it used to before all this BS started.
Gyms here are finally able to open indoors, starting tomorrow.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:34 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:29 am Didn’t do too much over the weekend.. Woke up early both days and got Ava to the park before other people and dogs showed up and it got too hot.. hit the gym, cleaned around the house, went grocery shopping.

:nice:

Today marks the end of this trimester of the year, so gonna take all my measurements to see how I’ve grown over the last 4 months.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

No gyms here still :disappoint:

Starting to really miss actual lifting, this at home :bs: is meh.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:41 am

I’m thinking I might get back to my 5/5:30AM sessions. Pre-Vid there were like 6 people in the gym at that time.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:43 am

I’m thinking I might get back to my 5/5:30AM sessions. Pre-Vid there were like 6 people in the gym at that time.
Probably the safest time to go, especially if your gym isn’t open 24 hours. Staff most likely cleaned the equipment after closing the night before or before opening that morning, plus fewer people spewing germs while you’re there.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:46 am
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:43 am

Probably the safest time to go, especially if your gym isn’t open 24 hours. Staff most likely cleaned the equipment after closing the night before or before opening that morning, plus fewer people spewing germs while you’re there.
That’s my thoughts, since it’s not open 24 hours. It’ll have been cleaned and I’d be the first one to touch anything, usually.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:ohdang: I might rejoin Planet Shitness... looks like they are opening with a loophole https://abc11.com/health/some-nc-chain- ... -/6396221/
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:54 am

Friday excitement = WFH
:dat: I used to do Tuesdays and Fridays back before the ‘VID started.

How was everyone’s weekends?

We hung out with our across the street neighbors Friday night after meeting them on the street for the first time. They were actually 5/7 people, look forward to hanging again. Saturday I did yard work, planted some new shrubs and shit. Sunday did a bike ride with a friend, cut the grass, did a bit of work on the C5, grilled out.

Went winin and watched 6 different types of choppers battle the epic wildfires

Last edited by max225 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 am :ohdang: I might rejoin Planet Shitness... looks like they are opening with a loophole https://abc11.com/health/some-nc-chain- ... -/6396221/
:fuckyeah:
Calvinball

I’ve jumped on the intertoobs a couple times looking at bars and benches. Preliminary stages of talking myself into actually spending money.
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:28 am

I’ve jumped on the intertoobs a couple times looking at bars and benches. Preliminary stages of talking myself into actually spending money.
Have spent most of San Diego’s actual quarantine time lifting all by myself (maybe 1 or 2 other people in there with me) in an empty gym on the weekends, I don’t think I’d ever do a home gym setup unless there just isn’t a gym in a 1 hour radius of me or I can’t afford the time away from home if one is about that far. The energy with other people in there really pushes me to drive even harder, especially watching people progress or hit a really big lift.. that shit amps me up. A day or two here or there with a gym to myself is nice, but long term I enjoy having other people in there with me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:46 am
Calvinball wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:28 am

Have spent most of San Diego’s actual quarantine time lifting all by myself (maybe 1 or 2 other people in there with me) in an empty gym on the weekends, I don’t think I’d ever do a home gym setup unless there just isn’t a gym in a 1 hour radius of me or I can’t afford the time away from home if one is about that far. The energy with other people in there really pushes me to drive even harder, especially watching people progress or hit a really big lift.. that shit amps me up. A day or two here or there with a gym to myself is nice, but long term I enjoy having other people in there with me.
I agree. I really loved my outdoor lifting sessions at home initially (mostly because the weather was awesome). It is always nice to throw in some variety from time to time, but overall, I enjoy the gym environment for lifting. It's funny because I almost never speak to anyone. I do enjoy running and cycling alone though, but I think that makes me all the more excited to get in a gym with others.

Having different machines/equipment is nice as well. Being in a small space with the same few options available gets really boring for me. I was also someone who thrived on the road all week every week; some people are most happy at home, I'm not that person.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
Epic weather here this weekend. Upper 70's to low 80's was :megusta:

Worked outside both days on my painting project (gotta update the :haus: thread about that) and Saturday night picked up Messican food from a new-to-us place and met up with my bro and SIL and niece and nephew and the 6 of us had a little picnic outside at our park district to celebrate SIL's birthday, which is today. I had fish tacos and wifey had a steak burrito. T'was :drool:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:08 pm :hai:
Epic weather here this weekend. Upper 70's to low 80's was :megusta:

Worked outside both days on my painting project (gotta update the :haus: thread about that) and Saturday night picked up Messican food from a new-to-us place and met up with my bro and SIL and niece and nephew and the 6 of us had a little picnic outside at our park district to celebrate SIL's birthday, which is today. I had fish tacos and wifey had a steak burrito. T'was :drool:
And now I'm hungry. Good thing it is almost lunch time.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:46 am

I agree. I really loved my outdoor lifting sessions at home initially (mostly because the weather was awesome). It is always nice to throw in some variety from time to time, but overall, I enjoy the gym environment for lifting. It's funny because I almost never speak to anyone. I do enjoy running and cycling alone though, but I think that makes me all the more excited to get in a gym with others.

Having different machines/equipment is nice as well. Being in a small space with the same few options available gets really boring for me. I was also someone who thrived on the road all week every week; some people are most happy at home, I'm not that person.
Yep, I’m pretty happy at home, but I have a few gym bro’s that I’ll have a quick convo with or even just a fist bump as we walk by each other and that’s a perfect amount of social interaction for me.