Fucking fight me
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:00 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Salmon is so :drool:

How are you cooking the salmon, grilled, baked...?
Stove top with a little olive oil. Usually turns out 5/7.
We do something similar with olive oil, a little dill, and lemon but baked in the oven for about 20 minutes or so, depending on how big/thick the fillet is.

Either way it's :muah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:01 pm Raw salmon is 5/7
Cooked salmon is 2/7
Fucking fight me
By raw do you mean smoked or like grizzly bear style-chow down right out of the water?
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:36 pm I am looking forward to dinner tonight. It’ll be a simple rice, green beans, and salmon meal. :excited:
I'm a salmon man this evening as well. With asparagus. One pan under the broiler.......10 minutes. Salmon usually ends up tasting better/being more satisfying than you think going in.
The initial :muchexcite: to salmon isn't quite up there with say, a cheeseburger.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:03 pm
Cooked salmon is 2/7
Fucking fight me
By raw do you mean smoked or like grizzly bear style-chow down right out of the water?
Sashimi Ron. Grizzly bears selecting the best salmon.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:51 pm :evil: it
wap wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:46 am

Ah.

Where's :fax: been lately, by the way? Off being miserable somewhere?
He quit when I said I wasn't going to allow racism and false covid info.
So did :dubshow: also quit in sympathy?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Cooked salmon is 2/7
Fucking fight me
I mean sushi grade style. I don’t think that’s smoked or anything typically.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Sashimi Ron. Grizzly bears selecting the best salmon.
:dat:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:06 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:05 pm

So did :dubshow: also quit in sympathy?
Same reasons. I'll welcome anyone and everyone back with open arms but not going to put up with any fake news bullshit or racism.
Agreed on all dat.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:36 pm I am looking forward to dinner tonight. It’ll be a simple rice, green beans, and salmon meal. :excited:
I'm a salmon man this evening as well. With asparagus. One pan under the broiler.......10 minutes. Salmon usually ends up tasting better/being more satisfying than you think going in.
The initial :muchexcite: to salmon isn't quite up there with say, a cheeseburger.
:highfive:

Asparagus is tasty as well. Enjoy!
Desertbreh

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:09 pm

:like: It's also a meal that treats you well on the scale.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:13 pm

:like:
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Salmon sashimi is ALWAYS our opening order at a sushi place. We're not big roll people. I'm there for the raw fish.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Yep.

I throw a couple 8 ounce filets on the smoker at least twice a week for lunch. One for me, and one for the :doge: so I can eat mine in peace.
wap

I realize I'm in the unpopular minority here, but I'm not a fan of raw fish. Grilled, baked, smoked for me, please.
:nevermind:
Desertbreh

Really good sashimi is incredible. If it is the least bit off though, that can cause some PTSD and put you in the Ron camp.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:23 pm Really good sashimi is incredible. If it is the least bit off though, that can cause some PTSD and put you in the Ron camp.
So true.

I've eased off on the sushi in the last couple years. We used to go once a week at work, but things got in the way so we started going less. After my hospital incident last year I mostly worked at home, so no lunches, plus..... I can no longer have soy sauce, so I'm kinda hating it now.

With the office closures and the fact that my wife hates seafood unless it's deep fried shrimp, I'm on my own if I want anything in that category. That's why when I said I smoke salmon it's just for me and the :doge: the wife wants no part of it.
Desertbreh

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:23 pm Really good sashimi is incredible. If it is the least bit off though, that can cause some PTSD and put you in the Ron camp.
So true.

I've eased off on the sushi in the last couple years. We used to go once a week at work, but things got in the way so we started going less. After my hospital incident last year I mostly worked at home, so no lunches, plus..... I can no longer have soy sauce, so I'm kinda hating it now.

With the office closures and the fact that my wife hates seafood unless it's deep fried shrimp, I'm on my own if I want anything in that category. That's why when I said I smoke salmon it's just for me and the :doge: the wife wants no part of it.
It's tough sledding when your spouse is :nope: on something.........ALTHOUGH many Japanese places with sushi bars would have Tempura shrimp that the wife could eat. I love bluefin tuna but that shit is loaded with mercury so I try and keep to fish a little lower on the food chain.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:48 pm
Salmon is so :drool:

How are you cooking the salmon, grilled, baked...?
I have gotten really good at grilling it this summer, it is :drool:

It sounds like :sawce: may not have had good cooked salmon :notsure: , I'd say cooked and raw are 5/7 when done right. OVERcooked salmon, 2-3/7 for sure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Salmon really is a minimalist food, less is more.
Served raw or cooked. Both can be 5/7.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So true.

Man, I'm in a similar boat now, although my wife loves it.

When I was on the road for work, going out to eat all of the time, I had sushi at least weekly. Now it's rare, I mostly eat at home these days. Paying the big bucks for a restaurant meal in the form of takeout is :disgust: to me, give me the real dining experience or :gtfo: Also after having sushi in SF, Seattle, NYC, and other such places, the Charlotte sushi is kind of meh. We have some really great food here but certain categories are lacking if you've had the truly good stuff more than a few times and know what it's like.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, smoked salmon on a bagel... :drool:

That is some good shit. I should have that soon, although we don't have a smoker, so I have to get the store bought smoked salmon, which is only 4/7.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Salmon sashimi is ALWAYS our opening order at a sushi place. We're not big roll people. I'm there for the raw fish.
Yeah I like to start with that too. The place here I like to go does a chef’s selection of 21pcs for $45. Michelle and I will split that and then get a few rolls each. I keep the rolls pretty simple too.. tuna roll, salmon roll, etc. She prefers the ones with fancy shit on them.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:31 pm :mahtroy: do you have a LinkedIn profile? They have a ton of great free resources on the stuff we are talking about (selling yourself).
I made an empty one a long time ago and I still get emails from them so in theory I can still log into it.

I realistically need at least a year at this point to get anything worthwhile together. You can't put a positive spin on an empty page - I have literally nothing worth writing on a resume. Believe it or not, I've been working on it. 20 years of stupidity doesn't fix itself overnight.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:07 pm

So true.

Man, I'm in a similar boat now, although my wife loves it.

When I was on the road for work, going out to eat all of the time, I had sushi at least weekly. Now it's rare, I mostly eat at home these days. Paying the big bucks for a restaurant meal in the form of takeout is :disgust: to me, give me the real dining experience or :gtfo: Also after having sushi in SF, Seattle, NYC, and other such places, the Charlotte sushi is kind of meh. We have some really great food here but certain categories are lacking if you've had the truly good stuff more than a few times and know what it's like.
I hear you. If I'm going to be eating at home I would rather put in the work and make the meal myself before eating something that will be at the minimum slightly cold by the time you get it home and unpack it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure unless I'm going to go to a very expensive place once we move to Vegas, sushi it out for me. Something about trusting an average priced sushi place in the middle of the desert doesn't sit well with me.