OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:45 am
oh weird...that's where we were back in May...doctors and dentists opened back up on June, but the offices have less people and everyone wears masks.

Also had to rinse with hydrogen peroxide at the dentist before they did the cleaning. Not tasty, but a worthwhile precaution IMO.
Just last week WHO said to put off non-emergency dental procedures "until more is known." Not sure if anyone will react but I can wait for a cleaning.
In a stroke of pre-Covid planning genius, I switched to every 4 month cleanings a couple of years ago vs. 6 months, giving me dat extra tiime. :math:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:19 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:05 am Yeah I think of my teeth and dental hygiene as adequate but not great, but the dentists always say that I'm doing awesome - so a lot of people must be really nasty.
YES! I get the same feedback and I don't think I do anything special or that my teeth are super clean or anything. It's worrying.
Same here. I try my best and I have zero fillings, but I feel they could be a couple shades whiter due to years of coffee. They always tell me I'm in great shape and not to worry. They won't even talk to be about laser or bleach whitening.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:20 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:16 am

In a stroke of pre-Covid planning genius, I switched to every 4 month cleanings a couple of years ago vs. 6 months, giving me dat extra tiime. :math:
I suspect I'll end up going a full year and I also have a theory that every six months is a scam.
I’ve had to have some extra work after not going for nearly a decade before. :iono: I was back on a regular schedule (having a dentist that comes to the office was awesome!) and now COVID.
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:20 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:16 am

I suspect I'll end up going a full year and I also have a theory that every six months is a scam.
It totallly depends on your teeth, IMHO. I have crowded bottom teeth that pick up plaque and tartar like crazy no matter how much I floss and brush...which is a lot. On the other hand, if you have Hollywood teeth that everything just slides off of, you may be right.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

I'm a stained ugly teeth flouride guy as well, Dentist also loves my teeth despite the ugly.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:05 am
SAWCE wrote:
I can’t even imagine some of the things they’ve smelled coming out of people’s mouths.
Yeah I think of my teeth and dental hygiene as adequate but not great, but the dentists always say that I'm doing awesome - so a lot of people must be really nasty.
:dat: I try to be good about flossing at least once a day, would really like to get back to twice a day though, and then I hear all the people who don’t floss between dentist visits and it makes me want to :gag:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:05 am Yeah I think of my teeth and dental hygiene as adequate but not great, but the dentists always say that I'm doing awesome - so a lot of people must be really nasty.
:dat: I try to be good about flossing at least once a day, would really like to get back to twice a day though, and then I hear all the people who don’t floss between dentist visits and it makes me want to :gag:
You also eat 14 meals a day. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:45 am
oh weird...that's where we were back in May...doctors and dentists opened back up on June, but the offices have less people and everyone wears masks.

Also had to rinse with hydrogen peroxide at the dentist before they did the cleaning. Not tasty, but a worthwhile precaution IMO.
Just last week WHO said to put off non-emergency dental procedures "until more is known." Not sure if anyone will react but I can wait for a cleaning.
Interesting...I went 3 weeks ago. Dentist office called me to tell me that my previously scheduled appointment was still on and to come in, but asked that if I had any sort of cold like symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, etc) to reschedule the apt. Got there, everyone was in face shields with masks underneath, they took my temp with an external thermometer on my forehead and was walked directly back to the room not interacting with anyone other than my hygienist and doctor. Hydrogen peroxide rinse to start, then a normal cleaning. All PPE was disposed of after me to minimize risk of spreading. Seemed really safe, but I’m not a doctor.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:35 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am

:notwrong:

Although to be fair, with how much most ‘Muricans snack all day, they probably eat as frequently as I do.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:47 am
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:35 am

Although to be fair, with how much most ‘Muricans snack all day, they probably eat as frequently as I do.
This just made the Cheez-its fall out of my mouth and all over my keyboard.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:09 am

:lolol:
SAWCE

:lolol: man cheez-its sound good. Mmmm the Parmesan Garlic ones :drool:
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:23 am

:lolol: man cheez-its sound good. Mmmm the Parmesan Garlic ones :drool:
:jimp:
SAWCE

Felt an earthquake a few minutes ago. 4.5 hit down in Mexico. Our whole building was shaking from it.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:35 am Felt an earthquake a few minutes ago. 4.5 hit down in Mexico. Our whole building was shaking from it.
I’ve felt a few lesser earthquakes before, it’s an unsettling feeling.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:35 am Felt an earthquake a few minutes ago. 4.5 hit down in Mexico. Our whole building was shaking from it.
I used to live pretty much on the San Andreas fault line, we felt some wild ones over the years, even when the magnitude wasn’t that high, just because of our proximity.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:43 am
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am

I used to live pretty much on the San Andreas fault line, we felt some wild ones over the years, even when the magnitude wasn’t that high, just because of our proximity.
:word:
Apex

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/he ... d_nn_fb_ma

Death Valley records record breaking 130 degree day. :hellno:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/he ... d_nn_fb_ma

Sign me up. :thisisfine:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 am
Apex wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/he ... d_nn_fb_ma

Sign me up. :thisisfine:
That’s all you, bro!
SAWCE

For living in Cali my whole life, I probably should have made a Death Valley trip at some point..
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:For living in Cali my whole life, I probably should have made a Death Valley trip at some point..
I'm pretty curious to see how 100+ feels without humidity sometime. I think the hottest I've ever felt is maybe 105 and humid.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:33 pm
SAWCE wrote:For living in Cali my whole life, I probably should have made a Death Valley trip at some point..
I'm pretty curious to see how 100+ feels without humidity sometime. I think the hottest I've ever felt is maybe 105 and humid.
It’s still hot, but you don’t feel weighed down and miserable like you do with humidity. Slightly more bearable but still not fun to be in for prolonged periods.
Desertbreh

You sweat a lot less. There's still a feeling of clear and present danger.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I had a fun fucking weekend... it was 108 here, and normally its fine but you can't do work outside. I did anyways because I am moving.../fixing a ton of shit. You can only do about 30-1hr of work before turning into an absolute mess. I went through 1/2 gallon of water... while cleaning the yard/installing a stereo into a Taco.

Also the garage is at 130-140F if you park a hot car in it. :disgust: