OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am Bossbro just announced on our daily Teams meeting that everyone in the company, from the owner on down, is getting a pay cut until further notice. Individual meetings throughout the day for deets about %age.

I've joined a club I didn't want to join. :(
sorry to hear that
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am Bossbro just announced on our daily Teams meeting that everyone in the company, from the owner on down, is getting a pay cut until further notice. Individual meetings throughout the day for deets about %age.

Welcome :mahman:

Sorry to hear it, definitely sucks :balls:

I am all :wtf: on my pay right now. I haven't earned commission since March, but have accidentally been paid it two months in a row. I told them about it and they were supposed to start withholding from my pay but haven't. The worst thing is that the last check was massive, $11K commission (when I was owed $0) plus my normal base pay, but the take home was only half of the total amount. So I now owe the company a total of $14,000 but I was only paid a fraction of that. I'm waiting to hear back from them on this but I imagine my paychecks for the rest of the year will now have to be :dock:

:ohwell:

Going through acquisitions is such a pain in the ass. All of our company's data is completely fucked so it's difficult to even know how much if any commission I'm entitled, but I'm pretty sure none, as we have to grow sales over the previous year's month to get it, hasn't really been possible during the 'VID.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Thanks guys.

And Griff, that's some :wtf: shit on those :fakenews: commission checks. Hope you get it straightened out soon.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 am I miss you fuckers since I was Mia from dfd for a while, anything I missed
:hai: TK!

You still in your shit hole, non-Europe country?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:40 am
fledonfoot wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 pm Recovery seems to be going well. Pain is largely managed by ibuprofen a couple times a day and I was only on the percs for 4 days.

The joint is obviously very achy but it’s been a tolerable 4-6/10 all weekend. My shoulder is aching from lack of use. Today’s big annoyance was nerve pain, which is to be expected after he re-routed the nerve down my arm. It feels like a whacked funny bone for hours at a time. This will probably continue for a few months. Tonight the incision is starting to sting at the elbow point.

First follow up is Wednesday. I’ll also be getting an X-ray of my ankle, as I’m still having trouble walking.

So far, I thought this would be worse than it’s been. It’s not been good by any stretch and I wouldn’t want to do this again, but I’m good with how things are feeling.
Have you :poop: ed yet?
I got back on schedule yesterday, thankfully.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:19 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 am I miss you fuckers since I was Mia from dfd for a while, anything I missed
:hai: TK!

You still in your shit hole, non-Europe country?
I am and have no desire to comeback till things eases there with the corona and protests, in other words, I'm glad to be here.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Ugh.
Pay cut.... plus hours cut? Or just pay? If its just pay and they expect same hours :rage: but that's how my last company would have rolled. In fact they did that once, a pay cut, and a bunch of people left / were fired, and then we were under staffed so I had to work long days.

:disgust:
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 am Gonna take the dog for a walk around some old navy boats this AM.

I’m starting to lose it, guys. Really concerned I won’t find a job. Lots of things to do for the baby. Massive home expenses with no income.

Ugh.
Ya gotta just hang in there, dude. Times are tough but you're smart and experienced. Something will hit for you.

Got any other interviews lined up?
Nope.

Recruter says "its looking really good, we should have a decision soon" :yeahok:

Rejected from the insurance co position in Racism, USA.

And I'm on hold with 3 companies.
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:10 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 am

Hang dry is better for your wallet anyway.

What’s broken on it?
I was about to shower after working out so no idea. It has power. It's probably the switch, door switch, or a fuse or something. it went to turn on and immediately died and now has no action.
Is it plugged in? :popcorn:
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:55 am
wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:40 am

Have you :poop: ed yet?
I got back on schedule yesterday, thankfully.
:sweaty:
Good to hear. :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 am Thanks guys.

And Griff, that's some :wtf: shit on those :fakenews: commission checks. Hope you get it straightened out soon.
Right now I feel dumb complaining about it as I have a bunch of extra cash in the bank... but :notsure: on the outcome ultimately.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

My :poop: schedule got all messed up. I used to hit the first one of the day right around 8:00 at work, but now it comes at like 6:00 as I’m getting ready. Second one comes early-mid afternoon usually a little before I leave work.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 am Gonna take the dog for a walk around some old navy boats this AM.

I’m starting to lose it, guys. Really concerned I won’t find a job. Lots of things to do for the baby. Massive home expenses with no income.

Ugh.
Have you looked for gov2go for your state? A few of my friends (including my Turkish friend I get up with who fled from SF since he also got :nope: on the job) are doing it and they actually get $3k a month till end of July, including the weekly $160 a week till end of the year.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:24 pm

I was about to shower after working out so no idea. It has power. It's probably the switch, door switch, or a fuse or something. it went to turn on and immediately died and now has no action.
:csb:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Ugh.
Have you looked for gov2go for your state? A few of my friends (including my Turkish friend I get up with who fled from SF since he also got :nope: on the job) are doing it and they actually get $3k a month till end of July, including the weekly $160 a week till end of the year.
:wat: is that?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 am Thanks guys.

Right now I feel dumb complaining about it as I have a bunch of extra cash in the bank... but :notsure: on the outcome ultimately.
:dat: But overall I'm atleast thankful that I now have a paid off car, plus got rid of my debts, like I can throw a downpayment on an m2 comp right now if I want to, but now I'm on :scrooge: mode ever since in January. Hell if I was like 22-24 I would've gotten my next :plac: vehicle by now. Now that I'm in Turkey, things are super cheap there right now, so I'm literally saving lots . Getting a "large" iced latte is like 2 bucks, most of the restaurants that are basically on the same level Dave and busters (restaurant) price and quality wise, even the most expensive entree is cheaper than a Taco Bell/mcd's menu (excluding the 5 dollhair box). Groceries are hella cheap, etc. etc. gas is the only thing that's more expensive here, but considering that you're most likely driving slow diesels, you'll end up getting gas less often.

Funny thing is, before I even moved to the US, my family and I would often visit the US, because things in Turkey were more expensive to the teeth compared to Murica. Even around 2008-2014, I had guests over from Turkey for that alone for a few weeks. But ever since the lira started to tank for the last 6 years against the dollar and the euro, it's the other way around, to the point where Romania, Bulgaria and Greece actually drive to Turkey for vacations and shopping, which makes sense why I kept seeing cars with Serbian, Bosnian, Albanian, Romanian and Bulgarian plates like no other for the last few years.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm

:dat: But overall I'm atleast thankful that I now have a paid off car, plus got rid of my debts, like I can throw a downpayment on an m2 comp right now if I want to, but now I'm on :scrooge: mode ever since in January. Hell if I was like 22-24 I would've gotten my next :plac: vehicle by now. Now that I'm in Turkey, things are super cheap there right now, so I'm literally saving lots . Getting a "large" iced latte is like 2 bucks, most of the restaurants that are basically on the same level Dave and busters (restaurant) price and quality wise, even the most expensive entree is cheaper than a Taco Bell/mcd's menu (excluding the 5 dollhair box). Groceries are hella cheap, etc. etc. gas is the only thing that's more expensive here, but considering that you're most likely driving slow diesels, you'll end up getting gas less often.

Funny thing is, before I even moved to the US, my family and I would often visit the US, because things in Turkey were more expensive to the teeth compared to Murica. Even around 2008-2014, I had guests over from Turkey for that alone for a few weeks. But ever since the lira started to tank for the last 6 years against the dollar and the euro, it's the other way around, to the point where Romania, Bulgaria and Greece actually drive to Turkey for vacations and shopping, which makes sense why I kept seeing cars with Serbian, Bosnian, Albanian, Romanian and Bulgarian plates like no other for the last few years.
:notbad:

Kinda cool you got stuck over there for the 'VID. You get to relive your old stomping grounds, view beautiful scenery, hang with family, and save money. Pretty much a winner across the board.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Ugh.
Pay cut.... plus hours cut? Or just pay? If its just pay and they expect same hours :rage: but that's how my last company would have rolled. In fact they did that once, a pay cut, and a bunch of people left / were fired, and then we were under staffed so I had to work long days.

Nope, just pay cut and same hours. Oh, and it's 20%. Ouch. Hourly union guys are getting cut to 4 days/week, so that's their 20%. It'll really suck for them as they generally don't have a spare 20% in their personal budgets that they can absorb. I'll be ok but I feel :( for them. Just a shitty situation all around but we gotta do it to survive.

Better than layoffs...
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:24 pm

:lolol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:19 pm Ugh.

Nope, just pay cut and same hours. Oh, and it's 20%. Ouch. Hourly union guys are getting cut to 4 days/week, so that's their 20%. It'll really suck for them as they generally don't have a spare 20% in their personal budgets that they can absorb. I'll be ok but I feel :( for them. Just a shitty situation all around but we gotta do it to survive.

Better than layoffs...
:scrooge: is lyfe.

wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm
wap wrote: Nope, just pay cut and same hours. Oh, and it's 20%. Ouch. Hourly union guys are getting cut to 4 days/week, so that's their 20%. It'll really suck for them as they generally don't have a spare 20% in their personal budgets that they can absorb. I'll be ok but I feel :( for them. Just a shitty situation all around but we gotta do it to survive.

Better than layoffs...

:dat:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sorry to hear Wappy :wap:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm
wap wrote: Nope, just pay cut and same hours. Oh, and it's 20%. Ouch. Hourly union guys are getting cut to 4 days/week, so that's their 20%. It'll really suck for them as they generally don't have a spare 20% in their personal budgets that they can absorb. I'll be ok but I feel :( for them. Just a shitty situation all around but we gotta do it to survive.

Better than layoffs...

"Hmmm all the other companies out there are doing it, so we can too! Even though we don't need to."

:scrooge:

7 figure bonus for CEO. Stock goes wild. That's all that actually matters anyway.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm :scrooge: is lyfe.

"Hmmm all the other companies out there are doing it, so we can too! Even though we don't need to."

7 figure bonus for CEO. Stock goes wild. That's all that actually matters anyway.
:notwrong:

Revenue seems like it must be way down across the board pretty much everywhere :doe: unless you are a grocery or liquor store. I am surprised that unemployment isn't more like 50%.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

:notwrong:

Revenue seems like it must be way down across the board pretty much everywhere :doe: unless you are a grocery or liquor store. I am surprised that unemployment isn't more like 50%.
real unemployment probably is closer to 50 than 25.

Money line go up, doe
brain go brrrrrr