Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:33 am
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:11 am

I've never been so glad to not own something that runs on premium. The pricing is crazy. When I bought my GTI in 2011, it there was only like a 30 cent difference. Now, I can't recall the last time I saw anything less than 80 cents between 87 and 91 around me
You also from the dead forum too? What was your username?
Indeed. nakenyon was my username on the dead forum.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Wocka Wocka wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:33 am You also from the dead forum too? What was your username?
Indeed. nakenyon was my username on the dead forum.
Oh that's right, you opened a new account couldve sworn i saw you og name before. I first thought who are you :lolol: it's tkulhanc1703 with the 2 door white mk6 gti, joined ot around 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:11 am
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:25 pm The downside is the gti now runs on regular so you’d gain the power but for some of you, the running costs would go up 30-60% which is just :fullretard: if you ask me
I've never been so glad to not own something that runs on premium. The pricing is crazy. When I bought my GTI in 2011, it there was only like a 30 cent difference. Now, I can't recall the last time I saw anything less than 80 cents between 87 and 91 around me
I just checked Gas Buddy, and it seems like premium is now anywhere between a $.60 and $1.00 upcharge in my neck of the woods. It also doesn't help that most stations around here have changed their signage to only advertise the price of 87, so you have to pull in to see what the 93 anal fee is when cruising down the road.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:2021 A3 sedan looking fresh

Those boxed out wheel fenders :datass: remind me of an OG WRX actually.
I read somewhere that vw pushes the upcoming a3 with a manual in the US, but not the s3 nor rs3, gives me a reason to :butwhy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I wanted to embody the full Tarspin lifestyle so on my way into work today I drove over a decently sized rock. Nothing crazy like Tarspin’s damage but it hit the car’s underbody twice. Once it shot into the middle/driver seat and it cracked the plastic (thankfully nothing crazy) and from there it bounced off the ground and hit the exhaust heat shield that is wrapped around the fuel tank. Could’ve been a lot worse, but :ohwell: :sweat:

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

And the heat shield

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Fucking rock using camo to hide in the lane thing.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:55 pm Fucking rock using camo to hide in the lane thing.

You hit that?
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:53 pm I wanted to embody the full Tarspin lifestyle so on my way into work today I drove over a decently sized rock. Nothing crazy like Tarspin’s damage but it hit the car’s underbody twice. Once it shot into the middle/driver seat and it cracked the plastic (thankfully nothing crazy) and from there it bounced off the ground and hit the exhaust heat shield that is wrapped around the fuel tank. Could’ve been a lot worse, but :ohwell: :sweat:

Damn that's some shit... oh well... it is a DD it is going to get worn out over time. Battle scars of life.
razr390

max225 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:06 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:55 pm Fucking rock using camo to hide in the lane thing.

You hit that?
Yes. I was changing lanes and saw it too late. Was looking in mirror to make sure I was clear. :triggered:
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:08 pm

You hit that?
Yes. I was changing lanes and saw it too late. Was looking in mirror to make sure I was clear. :triggered:
rekt... damn
razr390

max225 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:07 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:53 pm I wanted to embody the full Tarspin lifestyle so on my way into work today I drove over a decently sized rock. Nothing crazy like Tarspin’s damage but it hit the car’s underbody twice. Once it shot into the middle/driver seat and it cracked the plastic (thankfully nothing crazy) and from there it bounced off the ground and hit the exhaust heat shield that is wrapped around the fuel tank. Could’ve been a lot worse, but :ohwell: :sweat:

Damn that's some shit... oh well... it is a DD it is going to get worn out over time. Battle scars of life.
Yeah. I’m primarily bummed because it could’ve been avoided. However, thankful that it wasn’t worse. No damage at all other than those two pics.
razr390

max225 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:08 pm
rekt... damn
It was so conveniently placed too. Fucking middle of the stripe and almost color matched to a t
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: '22 Camry

Oof. The Gorf sits an inch lower, gotta so it again after installing some sprags!

Glad you and the car are ok!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:12 pm Isn't the 1.8 FWD not available here? I was thinking 2.0T AWD.
The 1.8 FWD was certainly available earlier... when i was looking into these.
The 2.slow was actually a great little bugger, I wouldn't even tune it, it had plenty of power IMO for a car as such.

I don't understand why the tuners don't release a normal tune that basically adds say 30-40 WHP instead of 70-140 or whatever the :fullretard: numbers are. A a minimal power increase the reliability should remain and the car would be a lot more fun. Without some random catastrophic dolphin failure.
That was also my thought too when I first saw GayPR released their stage 1, it was :wtf: the way the mk6 gave their numbers felt right imo. That's why people use Cobb, jb4 piggyback and such once the mk7 enters the era. It's not like the platform itself is designed to hold down such :ludacris: power unless you swap for better tires at MINIMUM.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It could've hit the plastic oil pan. :yikes: But im probably sure that itself is more sturdy compared to where the rock hit.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:ohdang: :(
At least it wasn't worse.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

Thank you all for the tots and pears during this difficult time
wap

Why were you driving on the dividing line?
wap

You hit that?
Ah. Got it.
wap

Attn. fellow Mk7 peeps. Just noticed today that I don't have a compass in my MFD. :| Does anybody know if it can be activated via VCDS, OBD11, or Carista?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:Attn. fellow Mk7 peeps. Just noticed today that I don't have a compass in my MFD. :| Does anybody know if it can be activated via VCDS, OBD11, or Carista?
Look to the heavens.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

wap wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 pm Attn. fellow Mk7 peeps. Just noticed today that I don't have a compass in my MFD. :| Does anybody know if it can be activated via VCDS, OBD11, or Carista?
I'm fixing to buy the yearly subscription to my Carista to tinker with some things. I'll investigate and let you know.

I don't think I saw anything in there before :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 pm Attn. fellow Mk7 peeps. Just noticed today that I don't have a compass in my MFD. :| Does anybody know if it can be activated via VCDS, OBD11, or Carista?
I have the analog gayges but my steering wheel has a multi page icon on the RHS that gives me display options like Nav but I'm seeing directional compass, NE for example, on most pages.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This comes up on a discussion about the MK7.5 MFD Compass:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread ... lable-quot