OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:12 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:53 pm

I'm leaving out most of it for respect to her privacy. Back in November we got had a fight over a misunderstanding, but it was serious at the time. I have insecurities that make me think I need to lie when I've let someone important to me down or disappointed them because in my head if they realize i fucked something up then the rest of me won't be good enough for them to care anymore. So anyways in Nov we had a misunderstanding and I did lie, but confessed later and we talked it through. We explained both sides and were working things out. Things were fantastic up until 5am Monday. I woke up for work and she was in a good mood we said goodmorning etc, then when I got out of the shower she was pissed. It caught me off guard as I was only awake for about 12min. Turns out I forgot to say anything to her like "happy international womens day" etc. To be fair she is the only international woman in my life. She does not hold a USA passport. I apologized at least twice but she wasn't having it. She was legitimately upset as far as I could tell. I was super bummed and felt bad, said I'm sorry I didn't even realize, which was worded poorly since I was tired. What I meant to say was I didn't realize I never said anything. I saw the same curbed wheel picture that was posted here but I couldn't show her that as I curbed a wheel on HER car. So anyways she says "oh you didnt know what day it was yesterday"? Half asleep me not wanting to deal with this while I'm trying to get ready for work responded with "yeah I had no idea".

That's when everything went to shit. To her lying is essentially the #1 thing not to do, since we are long distance much of the time. When we fought in Nov she told me to never lie, and just tell the truth. She might be pissed but at least she would know the truth. I told her yes I will do my best to get over my insecurities issue I explained earlier (this affects a select few people in my life so not exclusive to her). I was doing great and taking my blows until Monday. I wasn't even fully aware of what was even going on yet here I am. Possibly ended our almost 5 year relationship over me fucking saying some retarded ass lie. The worst part is she hasn't been in the US since the end of October so having this distance between us is making it much harder. I panic bought a plane ticket to Abu Dhabi yesterday through Chase wanting to talk to her in person, but she kept saying she doesn't see a point as she has nothing to say anymore, and if she did have anything to say it wouldn't make any difference. She never directly said not to visit, but I can't help thinking it's selfish of me to put myself, and thus her in danger. Now I'm passed the 24hr free cancellation period.

Sorry if that post was tough to read I'm all over the place right now.
So this entire thing is due to her being upset that you didn't wish her happy women's day?

Seems a bit blown out of proportion to me... or that you lied about forgetting that day?
:dat:
And I'm not even sure that "forgetting" at 5:00 in the morning is really a lie. I'm mentally blurry as fuck first thing in the morning and often forget to say things like happy birthday or whatever until I wake up a bit. And my :tits: is the same way so she :aintcare: :iono: Every :tits: is different i guess.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:23 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Oh :nice: , where in Utah?

So much of that state is absolutely gorgeous.
Hurricane.

Just outside St. George, about 25 miles to Zion and about 1.5 hours to Vegas.

The community is cool as hell, every house is custom, they have like 70 model plans, but you get to adjust and customize anything you want before they get permits and build.

Looking at a 5,000 square foot house that is 2500 upstairs and has all the "house". The basement will be 2500 square feet mostly open as a game room, but with a theater room, and an actual gun vault with steel plated walls and a vault door. House has a 4 car garage + RV attached and the RV has full hookups in the garage (50A, water and sewer). They told me it is no problem to put in a french drain and set the walls up as waterproof to wash cars in the garage. :like:

It's right next to a huge 170k acre state park, and they got it zoned as legal to drive SxS/Rzrs and dirtbikes on the roads there since everyone goes to the park for 4x4/off road activities.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
CCW = I already have a Utah permit, just need to convert it to resident.
Close to Vegas = Win.
Beautiful landscapes = Awesome
Neighbors that aren't up in your business unless you're an outspoken commie/liberal = Perfect.
Fiber internet = yep.
Work remote 100% of the time = Boss signed off.
Better quality of life = Yes, please.
Price = Cheaper. All in, this house will cost about $700k.
Yeah I looked around there on my way to Jackson WY last summer.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:09 pm

:(
You can tell us about it, if you want to talk about it. If not, no worries.
I'm leaving out most of it for respect to her privacy. Back in November we got had a fight over a misunderstanding, but it was serious at the time. I have insecurities that make me think I need to lie when I've let someone important to me down or disappointed them because in my head if they realize i fucked something up then the rest of me won't be good enough for them to care anymore. So anyways in Nov we had a misunderstanding and I did lie, but confessed later and we talked it through. We explained both sides and were working things out. Things were fantastic up until 5am Monday. I woke up for work and she was in a good mood we said goodmorning etc, then when I got out of the shower she was pissed. It caught me off guard as I was only awake for about 12min. Turns out I forgot to say anything to her like "happy international womens day" etc. To be fair she is the only international woman in my life. She does not hold a USA passport. I apologized at least twice but she wasn't having it. She was legitimately upset as far as I could tell. I was super bummed and felt bad, said I'm sorry I didn't even realize, which was worded poorly since I was tired. What I meant to say was I didn't realize I never said anything. I saw the same curbed wheel picture that was posted here but I couldn't show her that as I curbed a wheel on HER car. So anyways she says "oh you didnt know what day it was yesterday"? Half asleep me not wanting to deal with this while I'm trying to get ready for work responded with "yeah I had no idea".

That's when everything went to shit. To her lying is essentially the #1 thing not to do, since we are long distance much of the time. When we fought in Nov she told me to never lie, and just tell the truth. She might be pissed but at least she would know the truth. I told her yes I will do my best to get over my insecurities issue I explained earlier (this affects a select few people in my life so not exclusive to her). I was doing great and taking my blows until Monday. I wasn't even fully aware of what was even going on yet here I am. Possibly ended our almost 5 year relationship over me fucking saying some retarded ass lie. The worst part is she hasn't been in the US since the end of October so having this distance between us is making it much harder. I panic bought a plane ticket to Abu Dhabi yesterday through Chase wanting to talk to her in person, but she kept saying she doesn't see a point as she has nothing to say anymore, and if she did have anything to say it wouldn't make any difference. She never directly said not to visit, but I can't help thinking it's selfish of me to put myself, and thus her in danger. Now I'm passed the 24hr free cancellation period.

How old are you man?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:35 pm

How old are you man?

26 breh. I know young kid stuff
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:38 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:35 pm

How old are you man?

26 breh. I know young kid stuff
This sounds like it would be a life of massive frustration. No offense.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

In her defense she's going through alot with her dad in the hospital and her due to start immunosuppressants this month for MS treatment. Well I don't need to clog this thread up any more
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:28 pm In her defense she's going through alot with her dad in the hospital and her due to start immunosuppressants this month for MS treatment. Well I don't need to clog this thread up any more
If you care about her and want it to work out it would be worthwhile to look into couples therapy. Really helped me and Lisa and now we are a pretty great team.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:30 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:28 pm In her defense she's going through alot with her dad in the hospital and her due to start immunosuppressants this month for MS treatment. Well I don't need to clog this thread up any more
If you care about her and want it to work out it would be worthwhile to look into couples therapy. Really helped me and Lisa and now we are a pretty great team.
I agree we'll see what happens
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:13 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:03 pm I am quarantined the next 7 days due to covid-19 exposure. Waiting to see if any symptoms emerge and playing it by ear. FML
Dang man, sorry to hear that. The good news is, I guess, that if you did contract it, it should have rather minimal effects on you given your age and whatnot.
Yea ill likely be fine. Now I get a week to do projects around the house assuming I dont actually get sick.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Wow, shit is really starting to fall apart.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:33 pm Apex, Max

How bad is it? In the banking side?
I don’t have access to the senior level smart people like I used to, but it’s not looking pretty.

With how interconnected the global economy is we will see a global recession. The question is, when we get past this, how do we kick start the economy again?

We haven’t really begun to see the economic impacts this will have, but that is going to be huge.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:10 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 pm

I don’t have access to the senior level smart people like I used to, but it’s not looking pretty.

With how interconnected the global economy is we will see a global recession. The question is, when we get past this, how do we kick start the economy again?

We haven’t really begun to see the economic impacts this will have, but that is going to be huge.
Another cash 4 clunkerz, duh.
Red Rockets need not apply. :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Irish wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:19 pm

She wasn't really that mad, but more annoyed I didn't even mention anything. She's mad about the lying, which I understand. She is responding to me If I reach out, but I can tell she's not happy about doing so. FWIW I've been the the UAE twice and nobody even looks twice at a white guy. UNLESS you're with an Emirati woman like me. Then you get looks from basically every other Emirati.
Either way it seems like a blatant overreaction on her part dude. Imagine a lifetime of these reactions everytime you don't remember some arbitrary construct. Did she remember International Mans day?

Over 23 years of marriage (and 5 years dating before that) I have forgotten a few birthdays, a mothers day or two, three Valentine's day's and EVERY SINGLE international Women's Day. And she has forgotten just as many.

I don't know about the first lie that she was upset over, but this one was as white as you are in a sea of Emirate's.
:dat: x1M.

Bruh. I forget birthdays, anniversaries, appointments, even events I agreed to.

That's small potatoes. If shit persists more than 24 hours there is something else wrong.

Lot of :nope: signs in my 32 years field experience and 4 (eh +-) married experience.

Bullshit holidays ain't SHIT. Sucks that she means a lot to you.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:10 pm

Another cash 4 clunkerz, duh.
I'll.show you the red rocket.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:

This is my real concern. We already got somewhat fucked for life by graduating in 2008 to no jobs, now we might lose the crappy ones that we eventually got.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

I'll.show you the red rocket.
:ohmy:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Either way it seems like a blatant overreaction on her part dude. Imagine a lifetime of these reactions everytime you don't remember some arbitrary construct. Did she remember International Mans day?

Over 23 years of marriage (and 5 years dating before that) I have forgotten a few birthdays, a mothers day or two, three Valentine's day's and EVERY SINGLE international Women's Day. And she has forgotten just as many.

I don't know about the first lie that she was upset over, but this one was as white as you are in a sea of Emirate's.

That's small potatoes. If shit persists more than 24 hours there is something else wrong.

Lot of :nope: signs in my 32 years field experience and 4 (eh +-) married experience.

:notwrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 pm

:disgust:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Guess my overly cash heavy position wasn’t such a bad thing after all.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 pm Guess my overly cash heavy position wasn’t such a bad thing after all.
You lucky son of a bitch. I can’t find toilet paper anywhere.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 pm Guess my overly cash heavy position wasn’t such a bad thing after all.
You lucky son of a bitch. I can’t find toilet paper anywhere.
I haven't looked but I bet my stocks are below what I bought them for. I was heavy in ariline stock. Whoops. I wonder if this pandemonium will cause complete societal collapse.

I'm gonna need a :truk:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm
Yep, I should’ve cashed out of the Miata and left it at that.

Scheiße.
Trump will save everything.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:mahman:

Can I sell you some premium toilet paper?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:59 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 pm

:notwrong:
Even my wife the :therapist: said she's a bit much and over reacting.

:pouroneout: