:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

4zilch wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Yep we have. And my same exact response happened last time as is happening this time. I don't care because it's not happening. I'm not dropping $1700 + install (because city) on a science experiment based on forumbro vape reviews that likely ride worse and will lower the value of my car.
So, do nothing and continue to moan about STi ride quality on Philly streets?
I support this plan. Doing Nothing 2020. :neek: :scoot:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Get a different car in 2021
:dat:
Possibru. The dealership experience is so fucking awful I have absolutely zero desire to even test drive shit because of the massive waste of time and sanity it brings on.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 pm Clearly nobody has been following my actual thoughts on the car but it's cool. I'm only here for entertainment purposes anyway.
:eeyore:

I beat the drum of fixing the thing you don't like about the car you otherwise love because I was too stupid to do it myself and regret it.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 pm Clearly nobody has been following my actual thoughts on the car but it's cool. I'm only here for entertainment purposes anyway.

I beat the drum of fixing the thing you don't like about the car you otherwise love because I was too stupid to do it myself and regret it.
Look, I'd fix it if I had any sort of concrete evidence that these new parts would solve the problem. The issue is, only reviews out there are forumbros that are so hyped up on new part honeymooning that they cannot say anything bad about their retarded $2k expenditure. Then 6 months later you see a post from them saying they got rid of said part because it "rode worse than stock" and "this new suspension rides so much better it's ridiculous". And then 6 months later they're back to stock and "man the stock suspension is so comfortable compared to the old part X I had."

I have nowhere to change a suspension. So I'd be having a shop do the install and then an alignment, each time. And while I hate dealerships the most, I hate repair shops almost as much. My desire to go through that and end up with a 25% chance the new parts are any sort of improvement it is just about 0.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Look, I'd fix it if I had any sort of concrete evidence that these new parts would solve the problem. The issue is, only reviews out there are forumbros that are so hyped up on new part honeymooning that they cannot say anything bad about their retarded $2k expenditure. Then 6 months later you see a post from them saying they got rid of said part because it "rode worse than stock" and "this new suspension rides so much better it's ridiculous". And then 6 months later they're back to stock and "man the stock suspension is so comfortable compared to the old part X I had."

I have nowhere to change a suspension. So I'd be having a shop do the install and then an alignment, each time. And while I hate dealerships the most, I hate repair shops almost as much. My desire to go through that and end up with a 25% chance the new parts are any sort of improvement it is just about 0.
Gotta risk it for the biscuit.

It's still cheaper than :plac: even if you throw the coilovers in the garbage.
troyguitar

Signed, guy who will likely end up blowing $10k or so in double :plac: moves in only 2 years. :thisisfine:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Let me tell you about my favorite tune and air intake and downpipe combo :plac:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 pm

That’s what it comes down to
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:17 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 pm

Which is exactly why I stopped modding, there are few exceptions, where OEMs actually go to aftermarket to get the tech/improvement.

The sole examples of where Aftermarket is better than OEM is
Brembo Brakes/Some willwood brakes
Billstein/fox shocks
Michelin Tires

The rest is a fking shot in the dark, with pimple faced dudes with laptops jerking off to reddit while looking through /Shittycarmods
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Which is exactly why I stopped modding, there are few exceptions, where OEMs actually go to aftermarket to get the tech/improvement.

Billstein/fox shocks
Michelin Tires

The rest is a fking shot in the dark, with pimple faced dudes with laptops jerking off to reddit while looking through /Shittycarmods
Some mods are totally fine and really straightforward in what they will do or change. Others are more dubious. And when it comes to suspension it’s almost impossible to back any tuner co claims because all the reviews from people that purchased are hype. They conflict each other too. One person says Ohlins ride better than stock. Other person says it’s stiffer but better controlled. So which is it?
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I wholesale Bilstein and a shit ton of other parts.... lemme know bro...
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:17 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:43 pm http://fealsuspension.com/feal-coilovers/#feal-4

441+ Max Travel w/ whatever spring rate your heart desires for $1700... We have indeed been over this before.
Yep we have. And my same exact response happened last time as is happening this time. I don't care because it's not happening. I'm not dropping $1700 + install (because city) on a science experiment based on forumbro vape reviews that likely ride worse and will lower the value of my car.
dude fuck that. keep that stock suspension, fuck what others think who lives in a suburbia with much better roads. Just at the meet last week, we have a guy that runs e85 and is38 (aka ko4 for mk7), with coils, clutch and so on. He just drove one of our guys stock mk7.5 just like :narc: and said I forgot how the car felt good stock. I'm also glad I'm only on lowering springs and :ramz: but nothing else performance wise, and it's still an excellent daily, especially now that I commute to DC now.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

KiaGiver wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:37 pm I wholesale Bilstein and a shit ton of other parts.... lemme know bro...
Yea but the question is, does it ride better than stock, and can you prove it with :science:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:41 pm
KiaGiver wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:37 pm I wholesale Bilstein and a shit ton of other parts.... lemme know bro...
Yea but the question is, does it ride better than stock, and can you prove it with :science:
No science but I can lessen the financial impact Lololol

Need Modz? Hit me up!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Billstein/fox shocks
Michelin Tires

very much :dat:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:30 pm Look, I'd fix it if I had any sort of concrete evidence that these new parts would solve the problem. The issue is, only reviews out there are forumbros that are so hyped up on new part honeymooning that they cannot say anything bad about their retarded $2k expenditure. Then 6 months later you see a post from them saying they got rid of said part because it "rode worse than stock" and "this new suspension rides so much better it's ridiculous". And then 6 months later they're back to stock and "man the stock suspension is so comfortable compared to the old part X I had."

E-Mail Geoff dude.

http://cygnusperformance.com/cart.php?t ... ory_id=778

Stick with OEM top hats, go with rates close to OEM, get the long travel option and upgrade to the Swift or Hyperco springs. Fortune Autos are good shit.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I'd stock springs over Koni Adjustables. They're an awesome shock, and you can dial in the harshness.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, talk to our resident :camel:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Melon wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm I'd stock springs over Koni Adjustables. They're an awesome shock, and you can dial in the harshness.
Haha I sell Koni, too.

;)

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dis:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Melon wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:53 pm Also, talk to our resident :camel:
:wub:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, if they car rides too harsh, goto a smaller wheel, more sidewall can help.
troyguitar

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:30 pm Look, I'd fix it if I had any sort of concrete evidence that these new parts would solve the problem. The issue is, only reviews out there are forumbros that are so hyped up on new part honeymooning that they cannot say anything bad about their retarded $2k expenditure. Then 6 months later you see a post from them saying they got rid of said part because it "rode worse than stock" and "this new suspension rides so much better it's ridiculous". And then 6 months later they're back to stock and "man the stock suspension is so comfortable compared to the old part X I had."

E-Mail Geoff dude.

Stick with OEM top hats, go with rates close to OEM, get the long travel option and upgrade to the Swift or Hyperco springs. Fortune Autos are good shit.
What do those guys know about suspension? They don't get paid to make powerpoints. :gtfo:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm

E-Mail Geoff dude.

That's an expensive set of comfort coilovers holy fuck. I'd rather Bilstein B6 shock and call it a day lol.

Johnny, my frame of reference is a little tainted, but my STi is pretty damn soft compared to my stock suspension 911 with slightly oversized and wider tires. It rides a little harsher than my old E90 M3 with Ohlins coilovers, though, so I denno.

Need Modz? Hit me up!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:55 pm Also, if they car rides too harsh, goto a smaller wheel, more sidewall can help.
:dis: was my first mod to help with the fiesta harshness
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...