Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 am The 3.6 is legit :notbad: on the road. Definitely quick when you put your foot down.
This. I see no reason to complain about it. There are plenty of vids of loaded JK's with the 3.6 crawling over mondo rocks. If you need more revs..... you should probably be in 4Lo...
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 am
Huckleberry wrote:
I was considering one, as well. One with a 6 speed manual had finally come within a reasonable distance for me to go test drive. So I did, and it was one big pile of "meh."
Yeah they're pretty :disgust: I've driven a :manuel:

Another friend owns a new one and says the automatic is garbage.
This is really disappointing because I had absolutely ZERO complaints with the 4.Ohhhhh and 5AT combo of the prior gen Tacoma. You know, the one that's still in service in the 4R. I drove I think 4 of them, and they were all consistent and all behaved the exact same, which I cannot say about F-150s as they ALL drive differently. Anyways, bulletproof combination. Extremely capable. Throttle tip in is lethargic so they feel "slow" compared to anything else but if you hoof it they take off.

TBH the 4.0/5AT combo of the Frontier is a better one. That engine is a beast and trans behaves exactly the same. It's admittedly a better truck all around.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:28 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 am Yeah they're pretty :disgust: I've driven a :manuel:

Another friend owns a new one and says the automatic is garbage.
This is really disappointing because I had absolutely ZERO complaints with the 4.Ohhhhh and 5AT combo of the prior gen Tacoma. You know, the one that's still in service in the 4R. I drove I think 4 of them, and they were all consistent and all behaved the exact same, which I cannot say about F-150s as they ALL drive differently. Anyways, bulletproof combination. Extremely capable. Throttle tip in is lethargic so they feel "slow" compared to anything else but if you hoof it they take off.

TBH the 4.0/5AT combo of the Frontier is a better one. That engine is a beast and trans behaves exactly the same. It's admittedly a better truck all around.
Yeah my buddy who owns the new Taco and detests the automatic actually lamented the fact that the older 4.0/5AT is immensely better, as his wife drives a 4Runner. It really just adds insult to injury at that point.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:32 am

Yeah my buddy who owns the new Taco and detests the automatic actually lamented the fact that the older 4.0/5AT is immensely better, as his wife drives a 4Runner. It really just adds insult to injury at that point.
Advantages of the new truck are:
-Marginally better fuel economy
-Better rust proofing
-Updated interior / tech
-Better colors

I like the new Taco though. I bet a lot of the complaints are overblown.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:41 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 am The 3.6 is legit :notbad: on the road. Definitely quick when you put your foot down.
I wonder what it would take to get that motor up to the Ram 3.5's 300 HP?
https://rippmods.com/collections/superc ... ger-system

325WHP on 37s. :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:44 am
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:41 am

I wonder what it would take to get that motor up to the Ram 3.5's 300 HP?
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jk-hemi-kit/
:megusta:
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth

I want to build a Hemi 2011 JK so badly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 am Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's some sick weight reduction, bro.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:58 am
:iswydt: also :megusta:

Choose your adventure: Brubs or Whine
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:58 am
:iswydt: also :megusta:

Choose your adventure: Brubs or Whine
No replacement for displacement.
ChrisoftheNorth

If I end up getting a new gig, the JK Hemi swap will probably quickly grow in likelihood.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 am I want to build a Hemi 2011 JK so badly.
I've seen a few of them, not necessarily 2011's, but JKU Hemi's. :drool:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:02 am If I end up getting a new gig, the JK Hemi swap will probably quickly grow in likelihood.
With garagemahal access, or however you build your own garage, this could very likely become a reality.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:03 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 am I want to build a Hemi 2011 JK so badly.
I've seen a few of them, not necessarily 2011's, but JKU Hemi's. :drool:
I just want the upgraded interior, and there seems to be a price jump from 2011 to 2012 for the Pentastar. A blown up, high mileage, or salvage 2011 would be perfect.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:02 am If I end up getting a new gig, the JK Hemi swap will probably quickly grow in likelihood.
With garagemahal access, or however you build your own garage, this could very likely become a reality.
I've got the place to do it at my dad's, just need to off the :poorvette: and a bit of a change in brand affiliation.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 am
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 am

I've got the place to do it at my dad's, just need to off the :poorvette: and a bit of a change in brand affiliation.
:evilplan:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Grounded to the ground fam. I’m sure he is living a life of immense pain suffering and horror when driving his nearly new 40k :truck: sad sad life
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:40 am

-Better rust proofing
-Updated interior / tech
-Better colors

Nope it's the worst vehicle ever made that only sells on a fake news reputation. I was lucky to escape it. The 20 or so dfd members that have spent a test drive amount of time in one know all.

Honestly the level of circle jerking around here on everything is getting to be too much
max225

dtraill27 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:34 am

-Better rust proofing
-Updated interior / tech
-Better colors

Nope it's the worst vehicle ever made that only sells on a fake news reputation. I was lucky to escape it. The 20 or so dfd members that have spent a test drive amount of time in one know all.

Honestly the level of circle jerking around here on everything is getting to be too much
I am shocked you’re still alive, the misery of driving around in one of the if not best midsize truck must be a terrible burden.
ChrisoftheNorth

I can't even fit in a Tacoma to gauge how crappy it is (or isn't). I tried again at the auto show a few weeks ago...it's like the cab is smashed vertically or something. I have no such problem in the Frontier, Ranger, Gladiator, or Colorado.
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:34 am

-Better rust proofing
-Updated interior / tech
-Better colors

I thought your truck was awesome. I'd drive that.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 am I can't even fit in a Tacoma to gauge how crappy it is (or isn't). I tried again at the auto show a few weeks ago...it's like the cab is smashed vertically or something. I have no such problem in the Frontier, Ranger, Gladiator, or Colorado.
While it is certainly vertically challenged... saying you don't fit is :wrong: We can all fit into pretty much anything. Will it be comfortable... meh... will the head touch the roof yes.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:18 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 am I can't even fit in a Tacoma to gauge how crappy it is (or isn't). I tried again at the auto show a few weeks ago...it's like the cab is smashed vertically or something. I have no such problem in the Frontier, Ranger, Gladiator, or Colorado.
While it is certainly vertically challenged... saying you don't fit is :wrong: We can all fit into pretty much anything. Will it be comfortable... meh... will the head touch the roof yes.
I don't consider myself fitting in something if I have to gangsta lean the seat to keep my head from hitting the roof.

I don't have to do that in any other :truk:
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:18 am

I don't consider myself fitting in something if I have to gangsta lean the seat to keep my head from hitting the roof.

I don't have to do that in any other :truk:
But you and me and a few others on here are way taller than the average person, it isn't fair to discredit the vehicle based on our vertical challenges to others. You "fit" into a C5, and I am willing to argue that a C5 is far smaller than a taco.