Johnny's Great Adventure

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny, you are welcome to crash with us when coming through DC. My GF (maybe you remember on OT) has considered doing something like this except has no money, etc.

We can go around the area and I can show you around (maybe even hit up Shenandoah/Skyline Drive with SaxyJeep and TK)
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

double penetration post.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Not that you want to come to Detroit, but you've got a bed in the :pinshit: palace. We can even hit up some local MTB trails. Would be 4/7...only because Detroit sucks.

A drive in Camdalf is 5/7 :doe: will put some hair on your balls.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 pm This is gonna turn into the DFD Grand Tour.

Better fire up that member map: https://datforumdoe.com/member-map/
:dat:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 pm This is gonna turn into the DFD Grand Tour.

Better fire up that member map: https://datforumdoe.com/member-map/
I :member: the :member: map.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 pm Not that you want to come to Detroit, but you've got a bed in the :pinshit: palace. We can even hit up some local MTB trails. Would be 4/7...only because Detroit sucks.

Only if we can go to Tony’s as well :fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:17 pm Johnny, you are welcome to crash with us when coming through DC. My GF (maybe you remember on OT) has considered doing something like this except has no money, etc.

We can go around the area and I can show you around (maybe even hit up Shenandoah/Skyline Drive with SaxyJeep and TK)
:dat: I'll make sure to save the date. Thank god I have nothing important going on those dates. Looking forward to it!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I know exactly how you feel about staying in the same place for work. I've been working for the same company since the middle of my community college life, and it felt like I only worked for 2 years, when it was actually 5 years. Now that I don't have a designated office space anymore with the occasion of going to my bosses home, I felt or sensed for that matter, as a difference atmosphere change. This alone is part of the reason why I'd rather :troywax: on travel than modding the shit outta my cars, with the mk6, it was a good experience I went thru and gained concept of modding it. This change also helps in which you can gain some life benefits (notsure if its the right word), but you'll gain something and learn something from it for the very least.

But that said, if it weren't for that job that my dad's friend offered, I'd never got my mk6 and joined golfmk6 and meet you guys to begin with.

ps: this is a problem for living in the greatest country on earth, in my dads words: "America makes people work like donkeys" and I completely agree for the most part in that respect, but that can depend on how big or small an individual world is.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

FYI: Most people take way longer than 3 months to get a (good) new job.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 pm Not that you want to come to Detroit, but you've got a bed in the :pinshit: palace. We can even hit up some local MTB trails. Would be 4/7...only because Detroit sucks.

Only if we can go to Tony’s as well :fuckyeah:
Of course!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:17 am FYI: Most people take way longer than 3 months to get a (good) new job.
I'm figuring 3 months trip, 6 months job search.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:52 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 pm

it will be way worse off road too, and fuel become an issue out in the great wilds.

Think of fuel like the rest of th world and use gallons per 100 miles....
6.25gal/100mi at 15 mpg
vs
4.55 gal/100mi at 20 mpg
Total range is more important than cost IMO.
:notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:47 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:17 am FYI: Most people take way longer than 3 months to get a (good) new job.
Like I said, feel free to stay down here a bit and maybe you can look. You can make similar money with wayyyyyy lower cost of living. #airboats

Jerbs are super in demand too.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:17 pm Johnny, you are welcome to crash with us when coming through DC. My GF (maybe you remember on OT) has considered doing something like this except has no money, etc.

:jimp:
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:13 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:47 am

Like I said, feel free to stay down here a bit and maybe you can look. You can make similar money with wayyyyyy lower cost of living. #airboats

So another fun thing to consider that I haven't shared with the forum... Lisa is pretty done with her position. She's had enough, and she wants out. She's developing an exit strategy with her coaches (she has these coach people from an org called REDF that help her as an executive director), and she's not opposed to moving if it comes to that.

I think we're both growing tired of the city. There are aspects we love about it for sure, but we don't take advantage of the city like we used to.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:17 am

So another fun thing to consider that I haven't shared with the forum... Lisa is pretty done with her position. She's had enough, and she wants out. She's developing an exit strategy with her coaches (she has these coach people from an org called REDF that help her as an executive director), and she's not opposed to moving if it comes to that.

I think we're both growing tired of the city. There are aspects we love about it for sure, but we don't take advantage of the city like we used to.
Take the opportunity on your tip to see how you like different places, look at industry in the area, housing cost, etc. Gulf coast has lots of advantages, as does tehas.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 am

Take the opportunity on your tip to see how you like different places, look at industry in the area, housing cost, etc. Gulf coast has lots of advantages, as does tehas.
Yeah. Lived in San Antonio when I was in middle school. Cost of living was epic low. I think that has changed in SA now. But regardless, easier way of life can be had for sure. As long as you love Jebus, of course.
Apex

:bruh: This is a rather important deet that you have neglected to share with the group.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 am

:bruh: This is a rather important deet that you have neglected to share with the group.

Gonna take a bit. A few months to maybe a year. Problem is they don't pay enough for anyone to take the job, sooo that has to be figured out, lol.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 am

Gonna take a bit. A few months to maybe a year. Problem is they don't pay enough for anyone to take the job, sooo that has to be figured out, lol.
Yeah... That will take some time. But you'll also have time to find where you want to be.
This is gonna be a good year for you :wasteful:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

ok, so outside the philanthropic aspect of the cofvee shop, if she wants out why care? will it be a passive income stream for her or is she turning over the reins? what about outright sale of the business?

Between your :wasteful: egg and a business sail.... you could work as the fucking autozone manger for monthlies in a cheap state like TN or AZ and buy a nice ish house cash...
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:36 am

ok, so outside the philanthropic aspect of the cofvee shop, if she wants out why care? will it be a passive income stream for her or is she turning over the reins? what about outright sale of the business?

Between your :wasteful: egg and a business sail.... you could work as the fucking autozone manger for monthlies in a cheap state like TN or AZ and buy a nice ish house cash...
She wants to turn over the reigns. She thinks she's taken it as far as she's able to, and it's time to pass it off. But as it's her baby, she doesn't want to just flat out walk away from it because it'll close up if she does.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

The answer is this

https://gearjunkie.com/custom-pop-up-camper-build

we all know this.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Oh wow.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.