Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Davestr

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:52 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:04 pm It is. The acr wore aero better.
As a street car both are/were obnoxious, as is the 911 GT3 with the wing, IMO of course. If I was buying a GT3 it would be a Touring without the wing.
There was a guy who lived not too far from me here who had a new GT3RS- 4.0 who was daily'n the thing. Id seem in the rain, the snow etc etc. I approached him politely once after seeing him park it near a cafe I was eating at. He said its a car, you drive it-- in response to my question about his useage. 400k + now with no miles living in a heated garage etc in the US, in the ads I see when they are avail online. He drove it like an Opal Corsa. Day in day out and put that thing on the road. Bhalls.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Davestr wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:39 am

As a street car both are/were obnoxious, as is the 911 GT3 with the wing, IMO of course. If I was buying a GT3 it would be a Touring without the wing.
There was a guy who lived not too far from me here who had a new GT3RS- 4.0 who was daily'n the thing. Id seem in the rain, the snow etc etc. I approached him politely once after seeing him park it near a cafe I was eating at. He said its a car, you drive it-- in response to my question about his useage. 400k + now with no miles living in a heated garage etc in the US, in the ads I see when they are avail online. He drove it like an Opal Corsa. Day in day out and put that thing on the road. Bhalls.
There is a god after all.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:34 am

He used one simple trick to get more enjoyment out of his life
brain go brrrrrr
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Ah yes. The true measure of automotive performance. How many backseat pockets do you have
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 am

:amazing:

I don't get the garage queen/perfect weather on Sunday drive/ride to starbucks thing. The moto world has some of the same people that freakout when we take a super rare Honda, rip it around the track, and actually let other people ride it...they weren't built to be stared at.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 am Ah yes. The true measure of automotive performance. How many backseat pockets do you have
This. I've used one pocket a few times, never both.

The Rav4 is going to sell like hotcakes and like most Toyota products will be on the road 10-20 yrs from now. It's no JGC Trackhawk but it suits a huge market and their crotchfruit.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 am Ah yes. The true measure of automotive performance. How many backseat pockets do you have
Kind of like the Straight Pipes visor test. If it fails that test it's a non-starter.
The urethane steering wheel is annoying though for sure. Which is odd on a car that has radar cruise and a power liftgate.

Generally cars are all built with the same materials it's just the presentation that changes. Plastic panels are plastic panels who cares if they're gloss black or carbon fiber look or matte finish. A Timex is a Timex whether it's matte black or gloss black.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:30 am

Wow... 31k and that thing is BARE BONEZ. 1 rear seat pouch... rubber steering wheel... (minus the safety non sense). That interior looks so damn cheap :disgust:
I bet the steering feel and handling in this is terrible, being rubber instead of whale penis leather.
The badge is awful too.

0/7 would not buy.

Aesthetics aside, is this actually that much different than a comparable CX5?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am
Kind of like the Straight Pipes visor test. If it fails that test it's a non-starter.
The urethane steering wheel is annoying though for sure. Which is odd on a car that has radar cruise and a power liftgate.

Generally cars are all built with the same materials it's just the presentation that changes. Plastic panels are plastic panels who cares if they're gloss black or carbon fiber look or matte finish. A Timex is a Timex whether it's matte black or gloss black.
:wtf: is the visor test?
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

:wtf: is the visor test?
Checking for a feature on sun visors that nobody cares about
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Probably more reliable too, considering he drove it every day.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 am

error: no clickable link found.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:42 pm
Davestr wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Pretty much sums up your sentiments overall - What’s Weak

Even as it’s made huge leaps in quality since the bailouts, Chevrolet still isn’t exactly known for having the greatest fit and finish. But in a $140,000 car, I expected more here. You get the same sort of switches, buttons, and trim you get in a Malibu or Traverse and I can’t listen to anyone make excuses for that in a halo car. Even with the 3ZR trim option ticked, the interior appointments aren’t much to brag about.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-chevrolet ... 1831345121 - The 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Feels Like a Rocket Assembled by the Lowest Bidder
So literally those Jalopnick turds wrote the same thing we just wrote up a while back...
you know they just read our threads and polish up our ideas.
Davestr

LIfe in prison for a start - https://jalopnik.com/four-kids-break-in ... 1831580846

Four Kids Break Into Houston Carmax, Crash $800,000 Worth of Vehicles in the Lot: Police
Davestr

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:06 am E-Mini - https://jalopnik.com/the-first-electric ... 1831583969
saw that yesterday. :notbad:

The used e Fiat 500 market was shit 2 years ago. Id throw $5k at a nice e-car.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I thought they had the E mini before ...
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am

Wow... 31k and that thing is BARE BONEZ. 1 rear seat pouch... rubber steering wheel... (minus the safety non sense). That interior looks so damn cheap :disgust:
I bet the steering feel and handling in this is terrible, being rubber instead of whale penis leather.
The badge is awful too.

0/7 would not buy.

Different how ? I think Toyota has the most safety stuff standard. The only trim that’s decent to me is adventure... it must be 36-8k in that spec. And that’s GLC300 cpo spec. A better car in every way
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:54 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am

The badge is awful too.

0/7 would not buy.

Different how ? I think Toyota has the most safety stuff standard. The only trim that’s decent to me is adventure... it must be 36-8k in that spec. And that’s GLC300 cpo spec. A better car in every way
Yeah at mid 30s this class of vehicle makes no sense.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

If I'm paying $30K+ for a vehicle, it damn-well better have a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Even CX-5 Sport gets leather wrapped wheel at under $27k. :dislike:
It looks better too, in anything but "adventure" trim... I prefer the Mazderp styling
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I would much rather give up my man card than throwing 30 grand to an :azn: :amir: mobile. But toyota is so thoughtful on the wheel arches, as they will get scraped
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:51 am I thought they had the E mini before ...
Not for sale - it was an experimental low-volume lease to certain people.
I applied for one back in the day. Didn't get it :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

So I built my own :rage: 4

https://www.toyota.com/configurator/#!/ ... s/option33

32,900 MSRP for Adventure... which doesn't come with a decent stereo or anything +$3600 for stereo/leather. ~37,650. :disgust: that's not A LOT but it is a lot for that vehicle.

$1050 "delivery" fee. :wtf: why are they all so high now.