Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

This is how you do a reveal Jeep 5/7 job :amazing: how can they be this far ahead of everyone else in the market ...
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:32 pm

This is how you do a reveal Jeep 5/7 job :amazing: how can they be this far ahead of everyone else in the market ...
I'd say they're actually behind, considering everything else that's out, but they've certainly done their homework.

I love the Gladware.
Only real competitors are Taco and Colorado, and this thing is better in every way. Nothing is close ...
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:03 am Near clone, but with :manuel:

http://www.northpennmazda.com/VehicleDe ... 3304776153
What's up with those decals on the fender and quarter?

I drove a '17 JKU. I think it was a Sahara. The fucking salesman made up some bullshit about how he needed to drive it off the lot, and then pulled it into a nearby parking lot and prompted to try and give me a lesson in driving a stick. That did not bode well for him.

Overall, the JKU drove fine, but with the JL right around the corner and absolutely no incentives being placed on the JKs to at the time, it made zero sense to buy the JK.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Forward facing trail camera with wheel path lines? :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: that feature is incredible.
Standard steel rear bumper.
Some other off road bits that the regular Wrangler doesn't get.

I can forgive the slab sided bed. This thing is badass.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote:Near clone, but with :manuel:

http://www.northpennmazda.com/VehicleDe ... 3304776153
:iono: man, what's the rush? Your :truk: is under warranty... Maybe hold out and see if you can get a :manuel: JL :dill: a little later?
Johnny_P

SaxyJeep wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:09 pm Eh. Hi everybody. I am afraid to post because so many pages unread before dis, but Rudy telling me is ok.
I just got a 2018 Wrangler 2 door JL Sport S (technically a Sport w/ 23S package). I got the automatic w/ 6-cylinder. It's my first Jeep (just upgraded from a 2015 Civic coupe) so I'm interested in the Jeep World...
I was wondering if I could have advice for aftermarket stuff and general "Jeep know-how", mostly I want to get some nice LEDs before I sink into the modding hole.

I just moved from Florida so this will be my first time with a 4WD in the winter.

Oh and I got automatic because i don't want to deal with NoVa traffic with a manual. Though I learned how to drive stick shift on a '73 Mustang and '73 Super Vee
I'd look into the OEM JL LED headlights. I don't know that the aftermarket has solutions just yet. Give it time though, I'm sure there will be a ton of options in short order.

in 4 light bar and stinger

Pics of your rig?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:51 am
Huckleberry wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:34 am

I drove a '17 JKU. I think it was a Sahara. The fucking salesman made up some bullshit about how he needed to drive it off the lot, and then pulled it into a nearby parking lot and prompted to try and give me a lesson in driving a stick. That did not bode well for him.

Overall, the JKU drove fine, but with the JL right around the corner and absolutely no incentives being placed on the JKs to at the time, it made zero sense to buy the JK.
Man, the old school “I’m driving first bub” sales game.

:gag:

I spent the evening looking around at local JL inventory, everything’s got the 2.0T and no Trac-lok. And they’re all $37k+.

Where’s that new purple JKU in Cali that :225: posted?
The turbo engine might not be too bad. Jeeps used to come with 4 cyls.

What's the reasoning behind them driving off the lot? What game is this?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:18 am

Forward facing trail camera with wheel path lines? :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: that feature is incredible.
Standard steel rear bumper.
Some other off road bits that the regular Wrangler doesn't get.

I can forgive the slab sided bed. This thing is badass.
Spare area is designed to hold a 35 without modification. :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:06 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:31 am

The turbo engine might not be too bad. Jeeps used to come with 4 cyls.

What's the reasoning behind them driving off the lot? What game is this?
Old :dillerman: game. Drive first so the :talkingwallet: can play with the buttons and gizmos. And then take them to a secluded road and :dedong: them.
:lolol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:30 am
SaxyJeep wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:09 pm Eh. Hi everybody. I am afraid to post because so many pages unread before dis, but Rudy telling me is ok.
I just got a 2018 Wrangler 2 door JL Sport S (technically a Sport w/ 23S package). I got the automatic w/ 6-cylinder. It's my first Jeep (just upgraded from a 2015 Civic coupe) so I'm interested in the Jeep World...
I was wondering if I could have advice for aftermarket stuff and general "Jeep know-how", mostly I want to get some nice LEDs before I sink into the modding hole.

I just moved from Florida so this will be my first time with a 4WD in the winter.

Oh and I got automatic because i don't want to deal with NoVa traffic with a manual. Though I learned how to drive stick shift on a '73 Mustang and '73 Super Vee
I'd look into the OEM JL LED headlights. I don't know that the aftermarket has solutions just yet. Give it time though, I'm sure there will be a ton of options in short order.

in 4 light bar and stinger

Pics of your rig?
The Tazer JL allows you to retrofit the OEM lights into a JL that didn't have them from the factory.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:52 am Morning :jeep: shot.

:jimp:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

So what’s the trade #?
max225

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/ ... yptr=yahoo

This type of attention to detail ... :amazing: I’m really happy for these guys and for Toledo. Such a great product they are making right here in the USA!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 am https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/ ... yptr=yahoo

This type of attention to detail ... :amazing: I’m really happy for these guys and for Toledo. Such a great product they are making right here in the USA!
Saw that last night. Pretty cool indeed!
Johnny_P

Congratulations! You’re gonna love it!
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 am https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/ ... yptr=yahoo

:impressive:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

So the :dillerman: is :dillerman: -ing the :dillerman:

:math: :impressive: :excited: :fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Some info for those who care. Gladiator can only tow 4000lbs with manual, it doesn’t in fact have superior axle ratios to a regular wrangler. 3.73 and 4.10.
Rubicon tows 7000 max
Sport with towing is 7650 max
Overland (Sahara) 6000 max
Sport has crank windows standard ...
sport does have ac
Johnny_P

https://www.familyautos.com/new/Jeep/20 ... e05b20.htm

I should go check this out. For :science:
They also have an orange, blue, and yellow one. And a primer gray :gag: Rubicon.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:30 pm https://www.familyautos.com/new/Jeep/20 ... e05b20.htm

They also have an orange, blue, and yellow one. And a primer gray :gag: Rubicon.
UGH..

That Sting-Gray Rubi has the shitty base stereo with the crap screen and it's a $50k Jeep.

:dislike:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Drive this over to the local Jeep dealer and drive a JL back to back.

Then figure out where you can pull the extra money from, because you really want the JL.

I can't see going from a Colorado to a JK, personally. Interior, transmission and suspension on-road are far better in the Chevy.

Not sure what issues you are having with your Colorado as I must have missed it, but I think you're better off dealing with the warranty on it than a JK.

If you decide to go with the JK, congrats man. I just hope you don't want out of it in 14 months and have to jump again and do yet another credit app and pay more sales tax.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:30 pm https://www.familyautos.com/new/Jeep/20 ... e05b20.htm

That mojito one is an interesting spec ... but it is a lot more money than the gray jk. It’s like a full 14k more pre discount .... not sure he wants to add at least 8-10k to his debt over a green tractor
max225

Wow that gray rubicunt is a bizzare spec... no hids, but tan leather :disgust: ... 2.slow :disgust:

Btw unpopular opinion .... if the JL had the Ford 2.3 with the 8 speed auto it would be damn near perfect. The powerband is fAr superior to the 3.6
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Huckleberry wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:34 am

I spent the evening looking around at local JL inventory, everything’s got the 2.0T and no Trac-lok. And they’re all $37k+.

I always manage to attract the asshole salespeople. When he started telling me how to let out the clutch and get the truck moving, I just said, "I fucking got it." It was a rather quiet ride after that.

The 2.0T isn't a bad option, and the 8 speed is a great transmission if you're looking for an auto. But yeah, Wranglers are effing expensive.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:04 pm

I always manage to attract the asshole salespeople. When he started telling me how to let out the clutch and get the truck moving, I just said, "I fucking got it." It was a rather quiet ride after that.

The 2.0T isn't a bad option, and the 8 speed is a great transmission if you're looking for an auto. But yeah, Wranglers are effing expensive.
Haha..

When I bought the ZR2 I ended up with a newb kid salesman and he was all over me with incorrect information and wouldn't shut up. My wife realized my disgust level was rising when we were on the test drive. She turned to him and said, and I quote.. "I'm going to do you a favor and suggest that you should probably keep these "facts" and opinions to yourself. I'm pretty sure he knows more about this truck than you do, and he usually buys every car he brings me along to test drive. It's your choice, but you're only talking yourself out of the sale the more you spout this stuff."

He was pretty damned silent the rest of the time, unless I asked him something, so I bought it.

:hue: