Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver
Drives: audi rs3

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 pm Image

Now someone scratched my entire door ... 20” worth :( I am starting to think it is intentional.

This one may buff out :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely looks intentional. Wtf is wrong with people
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:36 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Should have bought that :jeep:
:( thanks for the sympathy breh
I feel for ya broheim. I've had shit like that happen to me before at previous places of employment. :(
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm One of your old AZNs is feeling scorned and seeking revenge on you.

Really sucks man. I hate when people can't respect other people's things.
This keeps happening at work I think :-/
Park elsewhere.

I intentionally scout out the prime spots... Far away from the building.... and away from other spots, if not, find one next to a handicap, or by a curb. Lower the chances of getting nailed by the hometown nigerian or azn.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:46 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:27 pm

This keeps happening at work I think :-/
Park elsewhere.

I intentionally scout out the prime spots... Far away from the building.... and away from other spots, if not, find one next to a handicap, or by a curb. Lower the chances of getting nailed by the hometown nigerian or azn.
I dont know.. a scratch that long and with no dents looks like someone intentionally dragged something (too wide to be a key) along his car. If a car was turning into a spot and scraped for that long, I'd expect to see some denting at the apex of the turn.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Park elsewhere.

I dont know.. a scratch that long and with no dents looks like someone intentionally dragged something (too wide to be a key) along his car. If a car was turning into a spot and scraped for that long, I'd expect to see some denting at the apex of the turn.
:dat: it is quite bizzare. Same with my other minor bumper damage... to minor to be done by car ... but then what the fk else?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:54 pm

:dat: it is quite bizzare. Same with my other minor bumper damage... to minor to be done by car ... but then what the fk else?
Bumper damage was this guy:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Park elsewhere.

I watched an idiot do something similar to a car at work by not quite making the turn into the spot... they couldn't be bothered to stop and correct, so just keep going, even after first contact! :disgust:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:44 pm

I watched an idiot do something similar to a car at work by not quite making the turn into the spot... they couldn't be bothered to stop and correct, so just keep going, even after first contact! :disgust:
Must not say what I want to say... but I'd say there are very few "car guys" here... a few here and there but mostly it is random assholes who couldn't care less about what they drive or other peoples shit. I bet they wouldn't even acknowledge it as damage.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Now someone scratched my entire door ... 20” worth :( I am starting to think it is intentional.

:wtf: :rage: :(
Sorry mang.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Managed to get the scratch 95% buffed out... the bumper scratch is through the paint tho :-/ it is much smaller and shouldn’t result in a charge

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:Ohdang: . Sorry about the car damage. That's total :BS: . Hooefully not intentional, like maybe shopping carts or something. There are way too many :derps: on this earth.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Shopping cart damage? Stroller? It's a straight line so unlikely that it's just someone's diamond studded Gucci bag. If it's totally parallel with the ground I find it unlikely it's someone keying it. Keying is usually at an angle or has a little wobble in it.

Sorry dude :sad: It does look like this one will buff out though.

Also, you wearing Yeezys? :waxer:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:58 pm Image

Managed to get the scratch 95% buffed out... the bumper scratch is through the paint tho :-/ it is much smaller and shouldn’t result in a charge

Violation of detailing code here. Pad and blankie on the ground. Throw in trash, they're totaled. Must follow 4 bucket code with organic grass fed low acid single use buff pads that have been washed twice prior to use.

Your "scratched" door looks WAY better than any single panel on my car. :impressive: I should wash my shit.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Suburban park by feel. Your doors get scraped. City park by feel you get a UPS truck backing into and ripping off your bumper. I'm super careful where I park but GF isn't and her Tiggy has TONS of little scuffs and missing paint. But black car, black plastic bumpers, can't really see it.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 am

Shopping cart damage? Stroller? It's a straight line so unlikely that it's just someone's diamond studded Gucci bag. If it's totally parallel with the ground I find it unlikely it's someone keying it. Keying is usually at an angle or has a little wobble in it.

Sorry dude :sad: It does look like this one will buff out though.

Also, you wearing Yeezys? :waxer:
Nmd’s ... that I got with a jewpon from footlocker who do you think I am 🙄
SAWCE

Dude that looks great Max. Well done. Sucks about the bumper, but hopefully you're right and don't get dinged when you turn it in.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:57 am

Violation of detailing code here. Pad and blankie on the ground. Throw in trash, they're totaled. Must follow 4 bucket code with organic grass fed low acid single use buff pads that have been washed twice prior to use.

Your "scratched" door looks WAY better than any single panel on my car. :impressive: I should wash my shit.
Was waiting for this :lolgasm: I put the detail pad with face up and the towel I was going to throw in the wash after using it on this. Pics were taken after “surgery”, the black is really tough to show on pics, but there is a teeny hairline scratch left that you’d have to look for but it’s nearly impossible to see, no way to show on camera.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 am Dude that looks great Max. Well done. Sucks about the bumper, but hopefully you're right and don't get dinged when you turn it in.
Thanks breh, I think it is right at the cusp of being “wear and tear “. So I think it’ll be ok. I just don’t wanna see that myself haha
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:57 am

Was waiting for this :lolgasm: I put the detail pad with face up and the towel I was going to throw in the wash after using it on this. Pics were taken after “surgery”, the black is really tough to show on pics, but there is a teeny hairline scratch left that you’d have to look for but it’s nearly impossible to see, no way to show on camera.
It'll be good enough for instagram pics which is all that really matters lesbihonest :millennial:
wap

:notbad:
Nice work!
max225

wap wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:07 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Nice work!
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:49 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Nice work!
:like:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:44 pm :notbad:

But also sounds like a 335i with some not-over-the-top mods would make an enthusiast pretty happy overall. You sound pretty happy with the car. Also interesting how highly you think of the Chrysler LX cars. So long as the handling is pretty close, seems they solve a lot of the complaints you have with the Beema. They're just a lot larger and less desirable from a company reputation standpoint.

I'd love a Charger as my next car, just don't think it's reasonable to park on the street. Shame it's so large.
If I was to BUY one. I'd get one with sub 30k miles from an enthusiast next year. They should be well under 30k at that point, as they are low 30s right now.

Then I'd update the fronts to 245/255s and the rears to 275s, I'd swap out the brakes to something with a grippier pad as long as it doesn't cause noise. I think there are some ///M motorsport pads that are the OEM solution to the semi lame initial bite which should be super simple.

I'd also do some kind of muffler delete, or do a straight pipe+tune and leave muffler intact. That seems to be the best option. It would bring it to M3 power and noise.
That's about 4k in parts + labor doe... which is :disgust:

That would make the car 5/7 up from the current 4/7.

However those mods in my state are shitty because they cause SMOG issues as well as voiding the warranty.
What about the 440i GC with the M exhaust? Those sound very good to me.

Same car basically?
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:01 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:52 pm

If I was to BUY one. I'd get one with sub 30k miles from an enthusiast next year. They should be well under 30k at that point, as they are low 30s right now.

Then I'd update the fronts to 245/255s and the rears to 275s, I'd swap out the brakes to something with a grippier pad as long as it doesn't cause noise. I think there are some ///M motorsport pads that are the OEM solution to the semi lame initial bite which should be super simple.

I'd also do some kind of muffler delete, or do a straight pipe+tune and leave muffler intact. That seems to be the best option. It would bring it to M3 power and noise.
That's about 4k in parts + labor doe... which is :disgust:

That would make the car 5/7 up from the current 4/7.

However those mods in my state are shitty because they cause SMOG issues as well as voiding the warranty.

Same car basically?
Whoa, you dug that out of the archives... surprisingly relevant still.

440i are ok, but once you go M3 with the competition exhaust it is hard to go back... the M performance exhaust mod on the 3 series is neat but that shit is like 4k which is insanity.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Same car basically?
Whoa, you dug that out of the archives... surprisingly relevant still.

440i are ok, but once you go M3 with the competition exhaust it is hard to go back... the M performance exhaust mod on the 3 series is neat but that shit is like 4k which is insanity.
I knew you had a 335 so I was reading the thread for your thoughts. About page 50 Johnny asked you and you gave a legit review. I'm currently doing research in what I'm going to buy. 340i was clubhouse leader but I just got turned onto the 440 GC. M3 is not an option but a nice 1 year old 340/440 and a added warranty or a new R is what it's down to basically.

But I'm far from buying. I want to see this rumored 400hp 2020 Golf R first.

I was watching YouTube videos of the 440 with the M exhaust and it was glorious imo