OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am ITT: :crang: figures out a solution to ilhis problem.
Sometimes I wish his "problems" were my problems.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

haleyann wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 am

No Planet Fitness out there?
Planet fitness doesn’t have a pool.

So my current problem is I’ve gained 10 pounds since starting school, because instead of my normally active work and social life, I’m sitting in a classroom or sitting in the library or sitting on the couch ALL DAY. I’ve been trying to go on walks (usually about 4 miles), sometimes I even run (hate it though), and I’ve made yoga a pretty regular thing. I need something more if I’m gonna lose this weight, which I need to, my pants are getting pretty tight.... a couple years ago I dropped 10 pounds no problem because I joined 24 hour and started swimming 4-5 days a week. I love swimming. But so few gyms have pools and golds gym is the only chain located in both cities I live in.

If I get a planet fitness membership the only way I’ll go is if I have a friend who will make me go. Idk what to do. I wish I liked running haha.
Most YMCA's have recerprical membership AND pools. Working in a little resistance training esp in the legs will also help you burn more calories when idle since your current lifestyle is less active. Or so they say.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

4zilch wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am ITT: :crang: figures out a solution to ilhis problem.
:idbu:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 am
haleyann wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 am does anyone have a membership at a gold's gym? are they one of the chains that let you go to any of their locations if you get a membership?
I don't think they work like that. They're a franchise with individual owners of each gym. I bet you could go to any gym that owner has (like if Bobby Biceps owns 4 gyms in Vancouver you could go to any one of those), but doubt it works between cities.
some require it though as part of belonging to a franchise. This is how plannet shitnessworks, but you need the black card.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 am

I don't think they work like that. They're a franchise with individual owners of each gym. I bet you could go to any gym that owner has (like if Bobby Biceps owns 4 gyms in Vancouver you could go to any one of those), but doubt it works between cities.
some require it though as part of belonging to a franchise. This is how plannet shitnessworks, but you need the black card.
What's the :mahtroy: card? So if you're signed on with Planet Shitness you can go to Bobby Biceps' gym one day and then to Harry Hahnfleischsandwich's gym the next but you gotta be straight outta Compton to do that?
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 am

So my current problem is I’ve gained 10 pounds since starting school, because instead of my normally active work and social life, I’m sitting in a classroom or sitting in the library or sitting on the couch ALL DAY. I’ve been trying to go on walks (usually about 4 miles), sometimes I even run (hate it though), and I’ve made yoga a pretty regular thing. I need something more if I’m gonna lose this weight, which I need to, my pants are getting pretty tight.... a couple years ago I dropped 10 pounds no problem because I joined 24 hour and started swimming 4-5 days a week. I love swimming. But so few gyms have pools and golds gym is the only chain located in both cities I live in.

If I get a planet fitness membership the only way I’ll go is if I have a friend who will make me go. Idk what to do. I wish I liked running haha.
Most YMCA's have recerprical membership AND pools. Working in a little resistance training esp in the legs will also help you burn more calories when idle since your current lifestyle is less active. Or so they say.
Philly area YMCAs have reciprocal memberships.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:20 am
4zilch wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am

:idbu:
I mean, if an EZ pass read error was my only crisis of the day....
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Yeah but gyms are intimidating and I have no idea what I’m doing
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

haleyann wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 am

Not that I've done this, and I find myself rarely taking my own advice, which is typically good...what if you got a personal trainer once or twice, so they could show you the ropes in the gym. Once you're more familiar with the workout routines, the machines, and everything else, you'd be set!
:crang:
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:54 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 am

Im working on it. But the resources are too damn valuable.
I meant on a macro scale, like as a country.
I was referencing both. Im trying to leave.

The country has too much to lose here.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

There’s no YMCA in Richland :/
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

YouTube video just popped up in my feed talking about a PS5 release date of 2020.

Fuck man time flys. PS4 just came out *looks at watch* 4 years ago!?!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 am

How did we ever survive as a country for 200 years without Qatar
Johnny_P

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 am
haleyann wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 am

Not that I've done this, and I find myself rarely taking my own advice, which is typically good...what if you got a personal trainer once or twice, so they could show you the ropes in the gym. Once you're more familiar with the workout routines, the machines, and everything else, you'd be set!
This is a great idea for anyone's first time in a gym. You can seriously hurt yourself if you're using the machines incorrectly. It's worth it to do 2 or so personal trainer sessions to learn how to use the equipment.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:25 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 am

What's the :mahtroy: card? So if you're signed on with Planet Shitness you can go to Bobby Biceps' gym one day and then to Harry Hahnfleischsandwich's gym the next but you gotta be straight outta Compton to do that?
no just any planet shitness
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:word:
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 am

Not specifically referencing Qatar. More so the middle east.

And yes I would love to leave and correct our country in other ways. But the value economically to stay here and "stabilize" the unrest/ fight terrorism outweigh what we see.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 am

Not specifically referencing Qatar. More so the middle east.

And yes I would love to leave and correct our country in other ways. But the value economically to stay here and "stabilize" the unrest/ fight terrorism outweigh what we see.
No really good options, I agree.

I'm not scared of terrorism and long term oil isn't the answer so it's time to pull off the band aid
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 am

This is a great idea for anyone's first time in a gym. You can seriously hurt yourself if you're using the machines incorrectly. It's worth it to do 2 or so personal trainer sessions to learn how to use the equipment.

razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am

:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 am

No Planet Fitness out there?

Hire me as your personal Yoga instructor, I ran classes for years when I was NYC.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

wow dudes, these tires are mad expensive (look at the 3 that were recommended to me).

-ExtremeContact Continentals DWS
-Michelin A/S 3
-BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S

225/40ZR18
:crang:
razr390

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am wow dudes, these tires are mad expensive (look at the 3 that were recommended to me).

-Michelin A/S 3
-BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S

225/40ZR18
You gotta pay to play. Considering tires are literally the only contact point between you and the road, shitty tires are a bad investment.
Barnes93cb

Get 15s. Everything is super fucking cheap.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

nuggstein wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am wow dudes, these tires are mad expensive (look at the 3 that were recommended to me).

-Michelin A/S 3
-BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S

225/40ZR18
Go price out a set of Pilot Sport Cup's for a 911.

The A/S 3 is probably the best performing tire. I had a set that wore prematurely when they first came out a few years ago, but they were very, very impressive.