Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:39 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Playing Devil's advocate, Evolution hasn't been proven either, yet, :doe:
There has been tons of evidence showing it occurred, :doe: Dat fossil record.
How can I be sure fossils weren't manipulated by scientists to further their agenda?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 pm More :fax: than those supporting the bearded man in the sky idea that is pounded into the heads of millions of kids, crushing the hopes of them thinking about anything objectively.

You really think it's more likely that :jesus: died for your sins and that you will live eternally on a higher plane of existence than that we have one life here, on this rock, where we evolved over the millennia despite not quite working out every detail of the process?
Let’s see the facts then.

I believe they’re equally like. The both sound ridiculous when you first hear them, but when I sit and think and pray about what I really believe, the feeling that I get is that we were created by a god and not by two stars colliding.
The more I learn about this planet and the more science proves just how :unicorn: and perfect this world is (nature wise) the more I think there was divine intervention of some kind. But I do think evolution happened.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Let’s see the facts then.

I believe they’re equally like. The both sound ridiculous when you first hear them, but when I sit and think and pray about what I really believe, the feeling that I get is that we were created by a god and not by two stars colliding.
The more I learn about this planet and the more science proves just how :unicorn: and perfect this world is (nature wise) the more I think there was divine intervention of some kind. But I do think evolution happened.
:notsure:

why aren't there other planets with life on them? I believe there are (& should be) in a universe this vast, but how come we haven't come across any yet?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 pm Playing Devil's advocate, Evolution hasn't been proven either, yet, :doe:
:dat:

A scientific theory is not a fucking guesstimate. It has to be observable, testable, and supported by significant evidence... Not at all equivalent to "I searched my feelings and know this to be true" :rolleyes:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm [/b]
At age 11, sure.
Regardless, it didn't make me a full-blown believer. My logic, believe it or not, was "Why should I go to church on Sunday's and pray EVERY day/night when my 'prayer' was answered with my current lifestyle?"

:hue:

Such :trollface:
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Playing Devil's advocate, Evolution hasn't been proven either, yet, :doe:
There are fossils that prove evolution? Or there are fossils that are related enough that scientists believe they show evolution?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm

why aren't there other planets with life on them? I believe there are (& should be) in a universe this vast, but how come we haven't come across any yet?
We only just started to find planets in other star systems let alone look so closely we can see a leopluorodon swimming through a sea of liquid methane.

Other star systems with life are likely out there. But the way this planet was created was so god damn mind blowingly precise for temperature, atmospheric composition, resources, protection, etc that I just find it hard to believe it was all by chance.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm

How can I be sure fossils weren't manipulated by scientists to further their agenda?
Because you'd have to be :caspian: to think so.

Seriously, every legit scientific discovery is peer reviewed and gone over by many scholars to try to verify or disprove a theory. That's one of the beautiful things about science.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 pm

We only just started to find planets in other star systems let alone look so closely we can see a leopluorodon swimming through a sea of liquid methane.

Other star systems with life are likely out there. But the way this planet was created was so god damn mind blowingly precise for temperature, atmospheric composition, resources, protection, etc that I just find it hard to believe it was all by chance.
WELL YOU ARE FUCKING WRONG. DO YOU EVEN SCIENCE, MOTHERFUCKER?
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm
Because you'd have to be :caspian: to think so.

Seriously, every legit scientific discovery is peer reviewed and gone over by many scholars to try to verify or disprove a theory. That's one of the beautiful things about science.
:iono: :math: :science:
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:47 pm

There are fossils that prove evolution? Or there are fossils that are related enough that scientists believe they show evolution?
wap

There have to be, just by the shear numbers of planets out there. The most likely reason we haven't found life yet is simply the massively vast distances between planets.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm
wap wrote:

A scientific theory is not a fucking guesstimate. It has to be observable, testable, and supported by significant evidence... Not at all equivalent to "I searched my feelings and know this to be true" :rolleyes:
and peer reviewed, repeatable, etc.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:39 pm There has been tons of evidence showing it occurred, :doe: Dat fossil record.
There's always an element of uncertainty in scientific pursuits. What's your point? Do you have an idea that fits the current research better than what the scientific community has to offer? Where can I read it to verify your claims?
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 pm
SAWCE wrote:
There's always an element of uncertainty in scientific pursuits. What's your point? Do you have an idea that fits the current research better than what the scientific community has to offer? Where can I read it to verify your claims?
I’m saying that until you can prove yours without a shadow of a doubt, you have no room to call me an idiot for what I believe. I don’t care what you believe, I don’t think you’re an idiot for it. My personal belief has never and will never personally effect you.
wap

Another beautiful thing about science is that it tries to prove itself wrong and will change current prevailing beliefs if better evidence presents itself. It challenges itself to get shit right.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 pm There's always an element of uncertainty in scientific pursuits. What's your point? Do you have an idea that fits the current research better than what the scientific community has to offer? Where can I read it to verify your claims?
I’m saying that until you can prove yours without a shadow of a doubt, you have no room to call me an idiot for what I believe. I don’t care what you believe, I don’t think you’re an idiot for it. My personal belief has never and will never personally effect you.
That's the fucking point - and the problem. You think that your feelings are just as valid as :science: because there is always doubt in science. The burden of proof that you will accept from me is impossibly high, wheras all you need to "prove" yourself right is a gut feeling. This way you can claim to have an open mind without ever having to actually think critically about anything. You're free to dismiss any evidence against your positions with double standards like that.

That kind of thinking affects the whole world when you keep forcing it on your children and allowing others to do so without question. It leads to trumpistan and old diseases making comebacks. YOU are actively hurting the human race by weakening developed herd immunities. YOU are holding back progress by defunding education and exploration and reducing the level of public discussion to :sass: :rolleyes: :yeahok:

Your actions affect others.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 pm
SAWCE wrote:
That's the fucking point - and the problem. You think that your feelings are just as valid as :science: because there is always doubt in science. The burden of proof that you will accept from me is impossibly high, wheras all you need to "prove" yourself right is a gut feeling. This way you can claim to have an open mind without ever having to actually think critically about anything. You're free to dismiss any evidence against your positions with double standards like that.

That kind of thinking affects the whole world when you keep forcing it on your children and allowing others to do so without question. It leads to trumpistan and old diseases making comebacks. YOU are actively hurting the human race by weakening developed herd immunities. YOU are holding back progress by defunding education and exploration and reducing the level of public discussion to :sass: :rolleyes: :yeahok:

I actually don’t plan on taking my children to church. If they discover it own their own and it’s something they want in their lives, cool. So, no, I’m not doing any of those things. Keep on making generalizations and spreading hate though :jesus:
SAWCE

You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 pm That's the fucking point - and the problem. You think that your feelings are just as valid as :science: because there is always doubt in science. The burden of proof that you will accept from me is impossibly high, wheras all you need to "prove" yourself right is a gut feeling. This way you can claim to have an open mind without ever having to actually think critically about anything. You're free to dismiss any evidence against your positions with double standards like that.

I actually don’t plan on taking my children to church. If they discover it own their own and it’s something they want in their lives, cool. So, no, I’m not doing any of those things. Keep on making generalizations and spreading hate though :jesus:
What the fuck? You are sitting here claiming to be smarter than any scientist who has ever lived. That's one of "those things" - Guess what, champ? Accepting faith over :fax: makes you exactly what is wrong with the world. That plus accepting others who accept faith over :fax: might not be as bad as forcing kids to do it too, but you're still on the wrong side of the issue.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 pm
SAWCE wrote:
What the fuck? You are sitting here claiming to be smarter than any scientist who has ever lived. That's one of "those things" - Guess what, champ? Accepting faith over :fax: makes you exactly what is wrong with the world. That plus accepting others who accept faith over :fax: might not be as bad as forcing kids to do it too, but you're still on the wrong side of the issue.
In your opinion.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 pm What the fuck? You are sitting here claiming to be smarter than any scientist who has ever lived. That's one of "those things" - Guess what, champ? Accepting faith over :fax: makes you exactly what is wrong with the world. That plus accepting others who accept faith over :fax: might not be as bad as forcing kids to do it too, but you're still on the wrong side of the issue.
In your opinion.
Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:24 pm You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.
:fax:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

:science:
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
In your opinion.
Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.
WRONG.
razr390

OT was :fuckyeah: today. :amazing:

And it's not over yet!