Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Melon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:41 pm Image
:thisisfine:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:05 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 pm

This is exactly what Sno wanted, bro.

:gtfo: with your shit posting.
:ohdang:
:lolol:
:csb: :spinulator: :sass: :popcorn: :zing: :yeahok: :dafuq: :ohmy: :derp: :aintcare: :butwhy: :micdrop: :triggered: :math:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:49 pm

I remember working with a former Mormon and he explained that to me. Pretty :impressive: tbh.

Most mainstream Christian denominations aren't like that.
Most Christians = 100% judging for your actions/beliefs

"YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!"

"see you there, cunt. God said only he can judge."
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:42 pm Boy, this thread became a clusterfuck of supposed facts today.

How about them Kardashians?
:lolol: :dat:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

razr390 wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 pm The concept of faith, and someone having it, doesn’t mean their brain is now incapable of critical rational thought.

I don’t know if you know this, but our brains are capable of a great many different things. They don’t just work one way.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:idbu: :csb:

GOD HATES FAGS

Sawce is a perfect example. He is and was raised religious. He even has some beliefs that obviously Troy disagrees with, as I’m sure other people would as well.

However, I would never say that sawce is incapable of rational thought, or that he wouldn’t be able to have an in depth and thought out discussion on something like gun control.

It just ain’t that black and white.

:therapist:
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm
Show me proof god does.
:notsure:

I was raised Christian Orthodox. I won't say I am a full believer, but I am not Atheist either. I would say I am Agnostic.
Me too.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 pm
razr390 wrote:
:idbu: :csb:

GOD HATES FAGS

Sawce is a perfect example. He is and was raised religious. He even has some beliefs that obviously Troy disagrees with, as I’m sure other people would as well.

However, I would never say that sawce is incapable of rational thought, or that he wouldn’t be able to have an in depth and thought out discussion on something like gun control.

Thanks!
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:05 pm

:ohdang:
:csb: :spinulator: :sass: :popcorn: :zing: :yeahok: :dafuq: :ohmy: :derp: :aintcare: :butwhy: :micdrop: :triggered: :math:
:dat:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Calvinball wrote:
razr390 wrote: :idbu: :csb:

GOD HATES FAGS
Imageol:

Except that he weighs what he "knows" from prayer as equal to if not more valuable than actual documented research... That's a perfect example of the big problem in this country. He's been brainwashed to believe that whatever he feels to be true is indeed true.
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:12 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 pm

:notsure:

I was raised Christian Orthodox. I won't say I am a full believer, but I am not Atheist either. I would say I am Agnostic.
Me too.
There was one specific instance for me that kind of attracted me to the whole religious "faith" and spirituality. During Hurricane Wilma, my fathers empty Sprinter van was parked right outside of our apartment. The van was top heavy and it was kind of flailing in the wind. At this point, I went to a 100+ year old religious tab we had that was passed through family and I prayed that my dad's van wouldn't get damaged since it's his source of income. I was about 11 years old, crying, and just praying. I went back to the window, and the van was slowly being pushed by the wind outside of its parking space. Once it cleared the parking space and hit another vehicle (at slow speeds) part of our building's roof fell to the EXACT size of the parking space. It was about 30 seconds after the van cleared the space.

It might be completely random, but at that moment I felt like a prayer had been answered.

:iono:

I guess it varies based on our interpretations and experiences in life. I was never a CRAZY by-the-bible religious person though.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 pm
Calvinball wrote:
Imageol:

Except that he weighs what he "knows" from prayer as equal to if not more valuable than actual documented research... That's a perfect example of the big problem in this country. He's been brainwashed to believe that whatever he feels to be true is indeed true.
I didn’t say I know there is a god. I said I believe there is one, because it hasn’t been disproved. Show me the documented research that says my belief is wrong.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:04 pm OH HEY. ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM HERE:

Among the more than 64,000 drug overdose deaths estimated in 2016, the sharpest increase occurred among deaths related to fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (synthetic opioids) with over 20,000 overdose deaths. Source: CDC WONDER.
Yes. Those pills are especially deadly when they're thrown at classrooms full of kids. :rolleyes:
Don’t need that. We have Tide pods.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 pm
Calvinball wrote:
Imageol:

The difference is dialogue. You will never get anywhere by saying "YOU ARE A BRAINWASHED MORAN THAT BELIEVES YOUR FEELINGS ARE TRUE."

Whereas, :sawce: was open to discussing the matter with you, and even admitted that if he saw evidence of God not existing he would accept it and ragert believing in God for so long.

In any case, either extremities (the full-blown religious crazies; the full-blown science crazies) really don't take a step back and listen to one another. All they do is spew hate toward one another in the form of their base arguments.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Yes. Those pills are especially deadly when they're thrown at classrooms full of kids. :rolleyes:
Don’t need that. We have Tide pods.
#TidePodControl
#BanAssaultTidePods

We use Tide Pods at home. They smell 5/7
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Me too.
There was one specific instance for me that kind of attracted me to the whole religious "faith" and spirituality. During Hurricane Wilma, my fathers empty Sprinter van was parked right outside of our apartment. The van was top heavy and it was kind of flailing in the wind. At this point, I went to a 100+ year old religious tab we had that was passed through family and I prayed that my dad's van wouldn't get damaged since it's his source of income. I was about 11 years old, crying, and just praying. I went back to the window, and the van was slowly being pushed by the wind outside of its parking space. Once it cleared the parking space and hit another vehicle (at slow speeds) part of our building's roof fell to the EXACT size of the parking space. It was about 30 seconds after the van cleared the space.

It might be completely random, but at that moment I felt like a prayer had been answered.

I guess it varies based on our interpretations and experiences in life. I was never a CRAZY by-the-bible religious person though.
Don't you think MANY people were praying that their stuff wouldn't be damaged in that hurricane? Why would God decide to answer your prayers and not the people's who's stuff was damaged?
wap

Me too.

In other words, it was random.
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Don't you think MANY people were praying that their stuff wouldn't be damaged in that hurricane? Why would God decide to answer your prayers and not the people's who's stuff was damaged?
I agree. And part of me also says "if there were a God, why would he choose to allow a Hurricane to wreak havoc on humanity?"

But in that moment, a mere coincidence may it have been, you could understand why I was a bit :mindblown:
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 pm Except that he weighs what he "knows" from prayer as equal to if not more valuable than actual documented research... That's a perfect example of the big problem in this country. He's been brainwashed to believe that whatever he feels to be true is indeed true.
I didn’t say I know there is a god. I said I believe there is one, because it hasn’t been disproved. Show me the documented research that says my belief is wrong.
God can never be disproven, just like you can't prove that we aren't in The Matrix or on the back of a giant tortoise or created by a flying spaghetti monster. That doesn't make every possibility equally likely.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 pm
SAWCE wrote:
God can never be disproven, just like you can't prove that we aren't in The Matrix or on the back of a giant tortoise or created by a flying spaghetti monster. That doesn't make every possibility equally likely.
Playing Devil's advocate, Evolution hasn't been proven either, yet, :doe:
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:24 pm

I agree. And part of me also says "if there were a God, why would he choose to allow a Hurricane to wreak havoc on humanity?"

But in that moment, a mere coincidence may it have been, you could understand why I was a bit :mindblown:

At age 11, sure.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Imageol:

Agree to disagree on the brainwashing point, but my point stands. Religion does not preclude rational thought, as you proclaimed.

My beef is with your blanket statement that religion kills all rational thought. That’s just absurd.

Are there people in this country who think jesus promised them guns, hates gays, and appointed Trump? Sure! But there are lots, and I would guess far more, religious people who are also capable of critical and rational thinking on social issues (along with many other things). The author of that article on gun control I posted earlier (go read it if you skipped over it) is my uncle, a retired reverend.

It’s when people say things like “it’ll never change so I might as well do nothing” that leads to events like Trump getting elected.

Another thing to note. Calling people idiots and proclaiming their beliefs to be absolutely unequivocally wrong is the best way to have them double down on their beliefs/arguments. This has been proven in scientific studies. So doing so is in no way productive other than to reinforce your own beliefs and stroke ego.

:therapist:
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 pm

At age 11, sure.
Regardless, it didn't make me a full-blown believer. My logic, believe it or not, was "Why should I go to church on Sunday's and pray EVERY day/night when my 'prayer' was answered with my current lifestyle?"

:hue:

Such :trollface:
wap

wap wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:53 pm

A few actually. And a huge fucking cannon
Same. Not a cannon doe. So what did I type in that sentence that was ignorant?

Still waiting to be educated.
Still waiting for :dubshow: to educate me on my ignorance of historical weapons tech. Shocking that he hasn't done so yet. :rolleyes:
troyguitar

Calvinball wrote:
troyguitar wrote:Except that he weighs what he "knows" from prayer as equal to if not more valuable than actual documented research... That's a perfect example of the big problem in this country. He's been brainwashed to believe that whatever he feels to be true is indeed true.
Agree to disagree on the brainwashing point, but my point stands. Religion does not preclude rational thought, as you proclaimed.

My beef is with your blanket statement that religion kills all rational thought. That’s just absurd.

Are there people in this country who think jesus promised them guns, hates gays, and appointed Trump? Sure! But there are lots, and I would guess far more, religious people who are also capable of critical and rational thinking on social issues (along with many other things). The author of that article on gun control I posted earlier (go read it if you skipped over it) is my uncle, a retired reverend.

It’s when people say things like “it’ll never change so I might as well do nothing” that leads to events like Trump getting elected.

Another thing to note. Calling people idiots and proclaiming their beliefs to be absolutely unequivocally wrong is the best way to have them double down on their beliefs/arguments. This has been proven in scientific studies. So doing so is in no way productive other than to reinforce your own beliefs and stroke ego.

The claim is that teaching kids that feelings are just as good as :fax: makes them significantly less likely to be able to make rational decisions as adults, not completely unable.

It's rare that I actually make an absolute blanket statement like you seem to think I always do... Though in the case of religion, I'd be OK with throwing out the good with the bad if it meant ending centuries of :bs: :caspian: :jesus: crap.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 pm God can never be disproven, just like you can't prove that we aren't in The Matrix or on the back of a giant tortoise or created by a flying spaghetti monster. That doesn't make every possibility equally likely.
Playing Devil's advocate, Evolution hasn't been proven either, yet, :doe:
There has been tons of evidence showing it occurred, :doe: Dat fossil record.