Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dtraill27 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 am
Looks good. I really do like that black grille. So much better than stock.

How was Elk?
Yeah, I still want to get the TRD Pro grill but this is a good place holder. May be coming soon now that there are knock off ones available. Elk was awesome, it's definitely my favorite in eastern PA. Surprisingly not too crowded for a holiday weekend. Plus I got to :stig: in the snow storm on the way home.
Always had a good time skiing that mountain. Far fewer :derp: 's sitting on the slopes on their snowboards. Blue is :disgust: for that.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Bloo :truk: looks good!

I have never been to Elk, I should change that at some point.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am Bloo :truk: looks good!

I have never been to Elk, I should change that at some point.
Its a bit of a hike but always good skiing. Worst part of it is making the drive home when you're tired af from skiing all day.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 am
dtraill27 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 am

Yeah, I still want to get the TRD Pro grill but this is a good place holder. May be coming soon now that there are knock off ones available. Elk was awesome, it's definitely my favorite in eastern PA. Surprisingly not too crowded for a holiday weekend. Plus I got to :stig: in the snow storm on the way home.
Always had a good time skiing that mountain. Far fewer :derp: 's sitting on the slopes on their snowboards. Blue is :disgust: for that.
Yep Blue is awful. I think cause its so close for out of staters to go to plus they usually have the terrain park open so tons of snow boarders. Plus too many middle schoolers. It's 10 mins away and I hardly go. $30 for 4-10 Sunday nights is about the only time I'll head there
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 am

Yep Blue is awful. I think cause its so close for out of staters to go to plus they usually have the terrain park open so tons of snow boarders. Plus too many middle schoolers. It's 10 mins away and I hardly go. $30 for 4-10 Sunday nights is about the only time I'll head there
Dat night time ice doe :yikes:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

What is it with :truk: owners and leaving them running all of the time?

Some clown with a loud ass :truk: left it running in the middle of the street for over an hour last night, from around 2 to 3:20 in the fucking morning. I wanted to go do something about it, but I assume anyone who would own a :truk: probably also will want to shoot me for finding his inconsiderate ass to be annoying.

Fuck trucks. I hate the people of this fucking country.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm What is it with :truk: owners and leaving them running all of the time?

Some clown with a loud ass :truk: left it running in the middle of the street for over an hour last night, from around 2 to 3:20 in the fucking morning. I wanted to go do something about it, but I assume anyone who would own a :truk: probably also will want to shoot me for finding his inconsiderate ass to be annoying.

That's pretty fucked up. Was it a diesel?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm What is it with :truk: owners and leaving them running all of the time?

From my experience, this is not limited to :truk: s, just :derp: s.

When we lived in Detroit, we had a drug :dillerman: down the street that would drive his 2.7 V6 300 with no muffler to our corner and sit there idling for HOURS in the middle of the night. Obscenely annoying. My neighbor across the street now has this :poop: brown 70's Econoline that he only drives in the summer for some reason, but every Saturday morning at 6am like clockwork cracks the garage door open and starts it to run for an hour. Also a loud exhaust that wakes us up every Saturday.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

People leave their cars running in Philly all the time. Somewhat common to hear a car was stolen because some retard left it running while they ran into 7-11 for a lotto ticket and a pack of ciggs.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm People leave their cars running in Philly all the time. Somewhat common to hear a car was stolen because some retard left it running while they ran into 7-11 for a lotto ticket and a pack of ciggs.
It makes zero sense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I only notice it in :truk: owners... Of course that is almost every single :haus: here. I'm tempted to install an electric cutout on the RX8 and OPEN the valve every time I'm in the neighborhood. I hate these people.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm People leave their cars running in Philly all the time. Somewhat common to hear a car was stolen because some retard left it running while they ran into 7-11 for a lotto ticket and a pack of ciggs.
Poors getting poorer
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm
It makes zero sense.
I see it all the time in my neighborhood. Leave it running when they're at the ATM, grocery store, corner store, beer store, etc etc NFG. They're not always shit beaters either, sometimes nice cars. Happens in the burbs around here too but less common.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:47 pm I only notice it in :truk: owners... Of course that is almost every single :haus: here. I'm tempted to install an electric cutout on the RX8 and OPEN the valve every time I'm in the neighborhood. I hate these people.
Diesels? Most people will idle diesels because they don't want to deal with glow plugs and warming up. Which is stupid because modern diesels are quick to start. Most of it is just dick flexing I think.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:48 pm
Poors getting poorer
Insurance shouldn't pay out if you left your goddamn car running with the keys in it unlocked and unattended in public.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Poors getting poorer
Insurance shouldn't pay out if you left your goddamn car running with the keys in it unlocked and unattended in public.
Pretty sure they don't.
max225

Poors getting poorer
Why not ? It’s still your god damn property. Along the same mentality it’s not rape if you force yourself on a girl in a club cuz she was showing some cleavage
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Why not ? It’s still your god damn property. Along the same mentality it’s not rape if you force yourself on a girl in a club cuz she was showing some cleavage
Its different when someone is there to say NO to you. Leaving your car running and unattended is almost like leaving your iphone on top of a city trash can to run into a cafe for a coffee, then getting pissed that its not there when you come out of the shop.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Its different when someone is there to say NO to you. Leaving your car running and unattended is almost like leaving your iphone on top of a city trash can to run into a cafe for a coffee, then getting pissed that its not there when you come out of the shop.
I don’t understand how anyone will go in and take the car knowing it’s someone else’s property. Just like someone’s dog or child. Come on man. Theft is theft
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm

I don’t understand how anyone will go in and take the car knowing it’s someone else’s property. Just like someone’s dog or child. Come on man. Theft is theft
Yes its theft. It's also extreme negligence on the owner's part. Many times when these cars are stolen they're just taken for joyrides and ultimately crashed into other cars/homes/buildings/etc. Sometimes people get really injured from that. IMO the owner is partly liable for that since they're the idiot that allowed it to happen in the first place.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes its theft. It's also extreme negligence on the owner's part. Many times when these cars are stolen they're just taken for joyrides and ultimately crashed into other cars/homes/buildings/etc. Sometimes people get really injured from that. IMO the owner is partly liable for that since they're the idiot that allowed it to happen in the first place.
Couldn’t disagree more.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Couldn’t disagree more.
:iono: leaving your car unattended and running with keys in it is actually illegal in PA. $5 fine :lolol: plus court costs of roughly $150.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/leg ... =0&chpt=37
§ 3701. Unattended motor vehicle.

(a) General rule.--No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit the vehicle to stand unattended without placing the gear shift lever in a position which under the circumstances impedes the movement of the vehicle, stopping the engine, locking the ignition in vehicles so equipped, removing the key from the ignition and, when standing upon any grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway and effectively setting the brake.

(b) Penalty.--Any person violating this section is guilty of a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of $5.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:06 pm
Couldn’t disagree more.
:iono: leaving your car unattended and running with keys in it is actually illegal in PA. $5 fine :lolol: plus court costs of roughly $150.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/leg ... =0&chpt=37
§ 3701. Unattended motor vehicle.

(a) General rule.--No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit the vehicle to stand unattended without placing the gear shift lever in a position which under the circumstances impedes the movement of the vehicle, stopping the engine, locking the ignition in vehicles so equipped, removing the key from the ignition and, when standing upon any grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway and effectively setting the brake.

(b) Penalty.--Any person violating this section is guilty of a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of $5.
:themoreyouknow:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

:dat:

Former coworker of mine had her brand new Veloster stolen a week after buying it because she left it running while she ran in to get a coffee and cigs. It was recovered on the other side of the state 12 hours later. Even though the car was recovered without damage or incident with the police, her insurance still went up because it was left running unattended
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

look at that. i bet if you had a gun, you'd have gone looking for trouble! Thankfully you are unarmed.