Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:33 pm $2000 for that seems like a ripoff vs $3500 for 2x powered garage doors with windows.

I love how you can just throw $5500 at the :haus: like it's pocket change :doe:

It emphasizes the fact that you're on a higher plane of existence than us creatures of flesh and blood. Hallowed are the :waxer:
:word:

It was custom built and I appreciate the installation work these guys did on all of it. It was 10/10 on both.

Agreed on you waxer comment to some degree, but would not have blown this kind of cash if all of it was not directly correlational to curb appeal/resale. We will be here 5 years tops I think, but that's twice as long as you'll ever be in your houses, so we'll enjoy it.

Also, you have to agree the previous gate was full poverty we went from a Yugo to a Rolls Royce, not a Cadillac to a Rolls Royce.

Also, the gate was HIGHLY WOMAN DRIVEN, and I just stepped aside and nodded and waved. Pretty sure you're been there.

Value to garage doors vs. gate, though, explanations aside, I am HAM :word: agreed.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The only reason I posted the price because others asked about the other. I don't update my house every week like Detroit, just trying to keep up.
Last edited by Desertbreh on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:$2000 for that seems like a ripoff vs $3500 for 2x powered garage doors with windows.

I love how you can just throw $5500 at the :haus: like it's pocket change :doe:

It emphasizes the fact that you're on a higher plane of existence than us creatures of flesh and blood. Hallowed are the :waxer:
:troywax:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 pm New side gate to right of garage:

Old Poverty Gate:

New Waxer Gate"

When the smoke cleared this nasty bitch was $2K, installed with garage doors. The old one sucked, that was what came with the house 25 years ago. The "salmon" strip on the wall sucks, some neighbors are slowly just painting theirs "cream" or whatever the wall color is. Will paint the front door dark brown soon and the side garage door I just installed and painted "chocolate".....you can see it back there, will now need newer dark brown shade. That's the next post on here. It adds a lot of curb appeal. They are becoming very liberal with what color you can paint your house, and we will go with a darker brown tone soon. Upward and onward.
Nice Dirk! It's a definite improvement. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 pm The only reason I posted the price because others asked about the other. I don't update my house every week like Detroit, just trying to keep up.
It's all good, bro. You don't have to justify it. You and the GF make, no, earn, good coin and are allowed to spend it however you want. Shit, a few years ago we dropped 20 large on landscaping back when the Mrs was working NFG
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 pm The only reason I posted the price because others asked about the other. I don't update my house every week like Detroit, just trying to keep up.
It's all good, bro. You don't have to justify it. You and the GF make, no, earn, good coin and are allowed to spend it however you want. Shit, a few years ago we dropped 20 large on landscaping back when the Mrs was working NFG
This is why I think you are closer to a :waxer: than a human.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Looks sharp!

Expensive AF but I get it on the woman front. I'm gonna spend a GoRf sized wad of cash on a new main floor this year AND need a new front door which I'm seeing quotes come in at 5k :disgust:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm
wap wrote:
A few years ago we were flirting with :waxer: status but with the Mrs on her sabbatical we're far from it.

The Brown household brings home significantly more $$ than the WAP household.

Speaking of which, you should come up with definite parameters as to what qualifies as :waxer: status in terms of income and/or savings/net worth.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:29 pm Looks sharp!

Expensive AF but I get it on the woman front. I'm gonna spend a GoRf sized wad of cash on a new main floor this year AND need a new front door which I'm seeing quotes come in at 5k :disgust:
:yikes:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thank you
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm
wap wrote:
Ron and I are old AF. We are still buying shit while at your proposed retirement age. You plan on having dick swinging gate money at 50 yes?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote:

Its a lot but the house appreciated quite a bit and is in the price range of :waxer: buyers so there's no point in cutting corners. New kitchen, new floors, new powder room, scraped popcorn/flattened ceilings, new lighting in kitchen area. Everything was builder spec from 20 yrs ago and falling apart. It's not going to be horrible, we will likely pay some cash and some heloc, probably go 50/50. No new savings this year and no C7 upgrade for a while.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:19 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 pm New side gate to right of garage:

Old Poverty Gate:

New Waxer Gate"

When the smoke cleared this nasty bitch was $2K, installed with garage doors. The old one sucked, that was what came with the house 25 years ago. The "salmon" strip on the wall sucks, some neighbors are slowly just painting theirs "cream" or whatever the wall color is. Will paint the front door dark brown soon and the side garage door I just installed and painted "chocolate".....you can see it back there, will now need newer dark brown shade. That's the next post on here. It adds a lot of curb appeal. They are becoming very liberal with what color you can paint your house, and we will go with a darker brown tone soon. Upward and onward.

Thank you Ron. I just installed the garage entry door behind it, guessed a color too light, and guessed wrong. Will be back to work making it a darker shade of :mahtroy:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 pm New Waxer Gate"
That gate is epic. 5/7.
Thank you man.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm This is why I think you are closer to a :waxer: than a human.
Ron and I are old AF. We are still buying shit while at your proposed retirement age. You plan on having dick swinging gate money at 50 yes?
I plan on having it and NOT spending it on that shit, so that we don't have to work... It's the :scrooge: vs :waxer: ethos. The wife is cheaper than me in most cases, no fucking way would she blow $2k on a door. She's willing to outspend me on restaurants and hotels, that's it. Pinshit doors? Not unless we're retired and island hopping on various yachts while still looking for ways to blow extra money.

"Old AF" - Are you even 50?
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm This is why I think you are closer to a :waxer: than a human.
:dat:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 pm
wap wrote:
Its a lot but the house appreciated quite a bit and is in the price range of :waxer: buyers so there's no point in cutting corners. New kitchen, new floors, new powder room, scraped popcorn/flattened ceilings, new lighting in kitchen area. Everything was builder spec from 20 yrs ago and falling apart. It's not going to be horrible, we will likely pay some cash and some heloc, probably go 50/50. No new savings this year and no C7 upgrade for a while.
Makes sense. :like:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:24 pm
wap wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Thank you Ron. I just installed the garage entry door behind it, guessed a color too light, and guessed wrong. Will be back to work making it a darker shade of :mahtroy:
Eh, painting a door is cake.

Oh, and I believe we determined that it's spelled "Wron", btw.
troyguitar

Part of the "retire at 50" plan is to never exceed our current level of spending. Isn't that how it works... as you get more money, you save it instead of spending it? :iono:

I've never lived anywhere where housing had a chance of appreciating either, perhaps that's part of it. Every dime we put in the :haus: is essentially lit on fire.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
I plan on having it and NOT spending it on that shit, so that we don't have to work... It's the :scrooge: vs :waxer: ethos. The wife is cheaper than me in most cases, no fucking way would she blow $2k on a door. She's willing to outspend me on restaurants and hotels, that's it. Pinshit doors? Not unless we're retired and island hopping on various yachts while still looking for ways to blow extra money.

"Old AF" - Are you even 50?
9 months away. Truth be told Troy we're more on the same page than not. We spent more than we should have to get rid of a poverty door. Woman wanted it, not going to kill myself. You've avoided the first major coin pitfall in life, having kids. Avoid the second, getting divorced, and you've got no reason not to wax the fuck out of life with your IQ. Carry on Soldier Troy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Ron Broham fuck the rest.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Agreed.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Ron Broham fuck the rest.
:sass:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, DFD.....I'm practically dead compared to most guys on here, never post in the home improvement thread, throw up two things after you guys go through houses like Plac goes through cars, and I'm a Waxer motherfucker. Do I get to improve my house, ever?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 pm Also, DFD.....I'm practically dead compared to most guys on here, never post in the home improvement thread, throw up two things after you guys go through houses like Plac goes through cars, and I'm a Waxer motherfucker. Do I get to improve my house, ever?
No.

This is DFD where everyone is always wrong.