Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:29 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm

It is already in full production I believe, for the 4 door, the 2 door will ramp up in march. Pickup in November. The pickup will be built on the old JL lane which shuts down in march. That line alone has a capacity of 200k, the current line for the regular JL i think has a capacity of 300k... I think can certainly pump the market full of these if they wanted to... but the pricing is nuts.

There are no financing offers
No lease offers
it is 3-5k more than the JK and the JK is discounted right off the bat making the gap 7-10k+
So whoever is buying the JL now is obviously some :derp: with more :troywax: than brains... or simply finds spending an extra 10k for having the "first" worth while.
My krebitz union will do 2.24% for 66 months. Take it up the ass with the :doge: 8% interest or whatever and then refi with your own lender
You can order juan from Potatoland for 8-13% off invoice
It won't lose value if other area :dillerman: are marking up $15k
There are ways to get it at a good price and overall cost of ownership. Now leasing, nah, you're probably screwed there.
Right but look at the amount of research it took... And I do this as a "hobby"

A :derp: walking into a :dillerman: because he is a key negotiator and "my presence is my negotiating power" is in for a rude awakening and or... ok with paying crazy ass prices.
max225

Behold the poverty JL
https://www.dupagechryslerdodgejeepram. ... g4jw141006
sub 30k for a brand new one...
Honestly it isn't bad... actually way better than the current JK even in the poverty trim
Poverty Radio
Poverty wheel
Poverty Dash

Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:12 pm Behold the poverty JL
Honestly it isn't bad... actually way better than the current JK even in the poverty trim
Poverty Radio
Poverty wheel
Poverty Dash

U are in a Jeep. No one can say u are not on the team!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 pm Image
I lol’d
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It's impossible not to lol.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Poverty Radio
Poverty wheel
Poverty Dash

Damn I actually don't hate that
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Poverty Radio

hell that will be a $35k jeep in no time flat!

:jeep:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

this isnt a terrible spec at all. $35,500

https://www.dupagechryslerdodgejeepram. ... g5jw111335

$4500 discount is :impressive:

:notbad:
max225

I know we universally hate the dude, but I think this review is spot on.

$40,600 2 door sport is just insane. Check out the play in the steering too.

Which is why I walked away not “in love” with the JL. It is better in every way than a JK but still very very similar
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Which is why I walked away not “in love” with the JL. It is better in every way than a JK but still very very similar
I can't stand the guy enough to watch the video, but a $40k 2-door SPORT? :wtf: :nope:

Steering is still essentially 1800's tech just like the front axle. There's only so much you can do to improve it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:44 pm

I can't stand the guy enough to watch the video, but a $40k 2-door SPORT? :wtf: :nope:

Steering is still essentially 1800's tech just like the front axle. There's only so much you can do to improve it.
I posted it for Johnny, he was curious about the JL since Doug D was raving about how it is like a car which I found :wat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

I posted it for Johnny, he was curious about the JL since Doug D was raving about how it is like a car which I found :wat:
Doug D. is about as bad as this guy anymore.... If I'm watching any of his "why the XYZ is worth $$$$" videos in the livingroom on the TV my wife goes :rage: when she walks in.

Also, didn't know SubuarubarubaruWRXFanboi changed his channel name...
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Doug D. is about as bad as this guy anymore.... If I'm watching any of his "why the XYZ is worth $$$$" videos in the livingroom on the TV my wife goes :rage: when she walks in.

He decided having the word Mor”o”n in his name beats fan but the jury is still out on that one
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:21 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm

He decided having the word Mor”o”n in his name beats fan but the jury is still out on that one
First thing I thought about was how he is a "Moran". :hue:
ChrisoftheNorth

Doug does some of the most in-depth looks at vehicles I've ever seen. And I like that. His opinions are pretty stupid, so I ignore those...but it's neat to see him pick through every tiny detail.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm Doug does some of the most in-depth looks at vehicles I've ever seen. And I like that. His opinions are pretty stupid, so I ignore those...but it's neat to see him pick through every tiny detail.
The main thing I dislike about Doug is Doug himself, he strikes me as someone who would masturbate in front of a retirement community.

Also considering his substantial YouTube income you’d think he would get mildly better equipment and spend a bit more time editing
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm Doug does some of the most in-depth looks at vehicles I've ever seen. And I like that. His opinions are pretty stupid, so I ignore those...but it's neat to see him pick through every tiny detail.
The main thing I dislike about Doug is Doug himself, he strikes me as someone who would masturbate in front of a retirement community.

Also considering his substantial YouTube income you’d think he would get mildly better equipment and spend a bit more time editing
Sig worthy.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:notsure: :butwhy: is that a bad thing?

he could probably film and edit a solid thing the hawk on the tube.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

He also uses the same words over and over and over, which is why my wife :fshitup: when he is on. "Quirk" is one he uses way too often for things that sometimes aren't even quirky.

Also, he's oblivious about many of the things he comments on. I had to turn off the one he did recently about the C7 Z06... Also, since he "borrows" normal people's cars or gets them on Turo some of the things he sees are not normal to a car that hasn't been fucked with.
ChrisoftheNorth

Agreed 100%. I do my best to ignore him and focus on the content he's presenting. As soon as he starts driving, I shut it off.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh, I remember what started it on the Z06 video...

He has a spot where he shows the owners manual and the pages talking about the Ackermann effect on the tires and chatter, as well as how the steering may be pulled due to the crown of the road... so, he claims he read the manual.... but then goes on to tell everyone that "there is no way to open the hatch from the outside and you have to either use the key fob, or the button inside the car." Did he not even look at the rear of the car, or ever drive a C6, or a Mustang S550 that have the same type of rubber button for the hatch? Then it just snowballed from there.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:34 pm

He also uses the same words over and over and over, which is why my wife :fshitup: when he is on. "Quirk" is one he uses way too often for things that sometimes aren't even quirky.

Also, he's oblivious about many of the things he comments on. I had to turn off the one he did recently about the C7 Z06... Also, since he "borrows" normal people's cars or gets them on Turo some of the things he sees are not normal to a car that hasn't been fucked with.
His z06 review was ok, he seemed to have liked the car ?! The heated seat thing is a bit funny.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:40 pm Oh, I remember what started it on the Z06 video...

He has a spot where he shows the owners manual and the pages talking about the Ackermann effect on the tires and chatter, as well as how the steering may be pulled due to the crown of the road... so, he claims he read the manual.... but then goes on to tell everyone that "there is no way to open the hatch from the outside and you have to either use the key fob, or the button inside the car." Did he not even look at the rear of the car, or ever drive a C6, or a Mustang S550 that have the same type of rubber button for the hatch? Then it just snowballed from there.
Ohh right, I just :member: that part also. Bizarre

Also wtf is up with the doors though. Two ways to open it just seems like it is trying to hard
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:40 pm Oh, I remember what started it on the Z06 video...

Ohh right, I just :member: that part also. Bizarre

Also wtf is up with the doors though. Two ways to open it just seems like it is trying to hard
Two ways?

You mean the emergency pulls?

If you want the push button open that they used in the C6 and C7 you need the emergency release latches. Funny story, I actually "rescued" a guy in a C7 when it just came out at the SF auto show. He was in the passenger seat and the battery was dead on the car. He was starting to look panicked, so I had to show him the release latch. He said he was stuck in it for about 5 minutes when he thanked me.

:lolol: