Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I never took this many pics of my GTI. I love this damn car.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:02 am I never took this many pics of my GTI. I love this damn car.
:fuckyeah:

I nailed the most perfect heel-toe yesterday. There's one stretch of road I take to and from work that is closed part-way between home and downtown while the bridge over the river gets rebuilt. Almost zero traffic now. Did a quick run after my turn up to 45 in 3rd, braked for the next sweeping ~45 degree turn, and pulled off a 3-2 so crisp you couldn't even tell I'd changed gears. Nailed the throttle mid-way through the turn, let the AWD do the work, and did a quick run up to the top of 2nd. SO fun. :stig:

Do love this car. :wub:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:02 am I never took this many pics of my GTI. I love this damn car.
:bruh:

I'm glad you like it... why are you always trying to find reasons not to like having it?
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 am

I'm glad you like it... why are you always trying to find reasons not to like having it?
I get frustrated that I plunked all this cash out for a car that I don't get to enjoy very often. Would have been way less hurt on my wallet and mind to get something shitty and just not care. But that's no fun.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 am

I nailed the most perfect heel-toe yesterday. There's one stretch of road I take to and from work that is closed part-way between home and downtown while the bridge over the river gets rebuilt. Almost zero traffic now. Did a quick run after my turn up to 45 in 3rd, braked for the next sweeping ~45 degree turn, and pulled off a 3-2 so crisp you couldn't even tell I'd changed gears. Nailed the throttle mid-way through the turn, let the AWD do the work, and did a quick run up to the top of 2nd. SO fun. :stig:

Do love this car. :wub:
Not sure what it is about the car but it's easy as shit to rev match this thing. Light flywheel? AWD system? Either way... combine that with pedals that are really nicely placed for heel-toe and even a total :derp: like me can crack off a good heel-toe occasionally.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 am

I get frustrated that I plunked all this cash out for a car that I don't get to enjoy very often. Would have been way less hurt on my wallet and mind to get something shitty and just not care. But that's no fun.
:iono: It seems like the money thing isn't a problem and you're having fun, so it's :fuckyeah: overall.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

@Johnny_W and @coogles

This is a :narc: car in my town:

Sent from my toaster using Crapatalk

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm @Johnny_W and @coogles

Your tax dollars hard at work there :wap:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Because he and Max both wake up every morning emotionally ripped apart by blind desire for enthusiast vehicles on the one hand and the stark reality that anything other than a 150K miles used Prius is a waste of money on the other.

#sametherapist
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Because he and Max both wake up every morning emotionally ripped apart by blind desire for enthusiast vehicles on the one hand and the stark reality that anything other than a 150K miles used Prius is a waste of money on the other.

#sametherapist
:bravo: :dat: :like: :amazing: -- I yield the balance of my time to the gentleman from California who lives near "The Wells".
Johnny_P

#sametherapist
:amazing: and pretty close to reality. I should own a city car. But I want to own a race car.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

As opposed to DaveSTR, who has owned more cool cars already than any of us likely ever will and offers not a whit of apology to anyone, least of all himself. The fact that that this guy has owned not one but two Lotus Espirit Turbos puts him a Vallhallesque plane of car ownership that mere mortals will never know. #fighterjocklyfe.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm As opposed to DaveSTR, who has owned more cool cars already than any of us likely ever will and offers not a whit of apology to anyone, least of all himself. The fact that that this guy has owned not one but two Lotus Espirit Turbos puts him a Vallhallesque plane of car ownership that mere mortals will never know. #fighterjocklyfe.
He's the hero we both need and deserve.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm @Johnny_W and @coogles

Your tax dollars hard at work there :wap:
Subaru of America Central Region is located in town and iirc they donated this car to our PD.

A couple years ago they did this:
Subaru of America, Inc.’s Central Region, in partnership with the Village of Itasca, announced today that it will attempt to set a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® record for the “Largest Parade of Subaru Cars.” The attempt will take place on July 13, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. The parade will start at 500 Park Boulevard in Itasca, Illinois.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

We know which town :wap: lives in now!
wap

I believe I've mentioned it before.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

#sametherapist
:wub: dat
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ron Broham is the alpha and the omega, the life eater, the soul seer. He is everywhere. Only his temporal residence is Itasca. Even Ron Broham has to have an address for wine shipments.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:54 pm Ron Broham is the alpha and the omega, the life eater, the soul seer. He is everywhere. Only his temporal residence is Itasca. Even Ron Broham has to have an address for wine shipments.
:impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:54 pm Ron Broham is the alpha and the omega, the life eater, the soul seer. He is everywhere. Only his temporal residence is Itasca. Even Ron Broham has to have an address for wine shipments.
:wtf: :lolol:

It's funny because it's true.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:bravo:
Johnny_P

Got horribly lost while trying to take the scenic route to Lake Nockamixon to meet up with the MTB bois.

1) Bucks county is awesome. It's beautiful and the roads are in great shape.
2) Not all the roads are paved.
3) The STI is fucking AWESOME on dirt roads.

I don't give a shit if this car isn't the fastest hot compact. It can do everything. It's so much fucking fun. It ate up the dirt today, smooth ride believe it or not and lots of traction. 5/7 would do again.

AND it pulls hard on the highway. Gotta drop down to 5th but that's part of the fun. Construction is complete on the Northeast Extension and I was flying on the way home because of the glass smooth roads. :fuckyeah:

The car was entirely in its element in Bucks. I gotta brap around there more often. Will need to learn the roads from [user not found] when he's not busy with haus or :dillerman: stuff.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:32 pm Got horribly lost while trying to take the scenic route to Lake Nockamixon to meet up with the MTB bois.

I don't give a shit if this car isn't the fastest hot compact. It can do everything. It's so much fucking fun. It ate up the dirt today, smooth ride believe it or not and lots of traction. 5/7 would do again.

AND it pulls hard on the highway. Gotta drop down to 5th but that's part of the fun. Construction is complete on the Northeast Extension and I was flying on the way home because of the glass smooth roads. :fuckyeah:

The car was entirely in its element in Bucks. I gotta brap around there more often. Will need to learn the roads from [user not found] when he's not busy with haus or :dillerman: stuff.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:32 pm Got horribly lost while trying to take the scenic route to Lake Nockamixon to meet up with the MTB bois.

:dat:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:dat: :fuckyeah: