OT X - Here for the Crang Bang

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

stripethree wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm Dear whoever popularized the "open concept" layout for offices, especially in information technology,

Thanks,
Jefé
:disgust: Open office space suuuucks.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:54 pm

:disgust: :yikes:
Didn't that hurt when they were put in and don't they hurt now?
Nope. Doc did two shots of lidocane on either side of the cut and gave it a minute to kick in before stapling it. I felt a little pressure, but no real pain. Now I barely feel them at all, which is why I keep forgetting they're there and hitting them.
:notbad:
Will you need more shots to get them taken out?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Nope. Doc did two shots of lidocane on either side of the cut and gave it a minute to kick in before stapling it. I felt a little pressure, but no real pain. Now I barely feel them at all, which is why I keep forgetting they're there and hitting them.
:notbad:
Will you need more shots to get them taken out?
I'm not sure how that part works. I hope so. I imagine a week and a half is enough time for the skin to start gripping to the metal a bit, so I feel like there is gonna be some tension pulling them out. I'll report back on Monday.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:07 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 am Should I skip a shower today? Would be day 2. Hrmmm
And I'm the fucking hipster...?
:dat:

the dub can get ripe too. i mean so can I, and thats why i shower daily, sometimes twice.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:08 pm
stripethree wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:07 pm
And I'm the fucking hipster...?

the dub can get ripe too. i mean so can I, and thats why i shower daily, sometimes twice.
I love twice a day showers. I always like showering before bed, and if I do anything that makes me sweat in the morning before work I'll shower then too.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:59 pm
stripethree wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm Dear whoever popularized the "open concept" layout for offices, especially in information technology,

Thanks,
Jefé
I thought that too, until we went to it. Maybe it's the way my company set it up and what your role is, but it's not bad.

I'm constantly floating around from building to building. It's nice to be able to just grab a seat anywhere and have power and monitors available. PLUS, nobody can easily find you, so you can work from home or wherever without being detected.

I'll go as far as to say that switching to an open office has significantly increased my job satisfaction.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Thanks,
Jefé
My boss wants to renovate our office building and go to open floor plan. Pretty sure there will be a mass exodus of engineers if that happens.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm

I thought that too, until we went to it. Maybe it's the way my company set it up and what your role is, but it's not bad.

I'm constantly floating around from building to building. It's nice to be able to just grab a seat anywhere and have power and monitors available. PLUS, nobody can easily find you, so you can work from home or wherever without being detected.

I'll go as far as to say that switching to an open office has significantly increased my job satisfaction.
That sounds nice, but I'm gonna guess Stripe's open office concept is more like the one here. We all still have assigned seats, but the office is "open" becuase our cubicle walls are only like 3' high, so everyone can see everyone else's monitors and there is no real privacy.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm

I think what stripes means is open floor plan no real walls but assigned desks.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm I thought that too, until we went to it. Maybe it's the way my company set it up and what your role is, but it's not bad.

That sounds nice, but I'm gonna guess Stripe's open office concept is more like the one here. We all still have assigned seats, but the office is "open" becuase our cubicle walls are only like 3' high, so everyone can see everyone else's monitors and there is no real privacy.
This
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm I thought that too, until we went to it. Maybe it's the way my company set it up and what your role is, but it's not bad.

Yea that's what I'm picturing too and that is just :gag:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm

I think what stripes means is open floor plan no real walls but assigned desks.
Dat.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm I think what stripes means is open floor plan no real walls but assigned desks.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Thanks,
Jefé
Wanna see me :rage: ask me about collaborative work spaces.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 am Should I skip a shower today? Would be day 2. Hrmmm

Go fucking shower.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Sno wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Go fucking shower.
Also, @[user not found], can I please have :dat: as an emoji?

Xoxo
-Sno
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
SAWCE

Sno wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Go fucking shower.

Xoxo
-Sno
:nope:
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:01 pm
Sno wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Xoxo
-Sno
:nope:
Although I guess yours could be :hellno:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:37 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Carnival is fun. Their slogan is literally "The Fun Ships." They tend to cater to a youner crowd so you'll have a good time. I've heard meh things about Norwegian too, but as you said, none of them really suck. My favorite cruise line now is Celebrity but I've sailed Carnival 6 or 7 times and would again.
Yeah I'd probably prefer a smaller boat with fewer kids on it. But they all have comedy clubs, overpriced bars, buffets, and nicer dining choices so :whocares: All 3 are going to the same damn ports too aside from the Carnival Dream, which is skipping one port. That one starts and ends in New Orleans though. The others are in Miami and Orlando.

Whatever. :troywax: Will be fun. I think I'll push Mama Wasteful to the Carnival ones just because the last Norwegian cruise was so :wtf:
Orlando is land locked...
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:10 am
C00bs wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:54 pm Hey brosssss. Back in 08' I was over 240 something pounds and wore size 42 pants maybe even 44. I got down to 173-175 by '09. I kept most of the weight off, but gained muscle and also fat. My weight has been a yoyo. I got back up to 215 in 2011 and got down to 183 with a lot of muscle in 2014.

This last year and a half I tipped the scale at 212 again in February. Now I was not as fat as I was before because I go to the gym and have muscle, but still good amount of weight gain. I am happy to say I got to 201 in July by eating less, and then I started counting everything. I've hit plateaus, but today I weighed in a 186.

BMI sucks and is telling me I have to weigh around 168-169 to be at a normal weight. I am going to try to get down to there if possible even with muscle loss and then focus on rebuilding muscle. I am finally seeing progress.
im around 280 and wear a 40, whats this say about me.

Not that fat. I am not that tall so the weight really shows.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

So... I am thinking about getting an aftermarket headhunt with apple CarPlay for my 2013 Ford Escape SE with install parts. I'm a dumbass, so I know I won't know what I am doing. Would a place like Best Buy be trust worthy enough and not a total rip off? I am trying to see if one of my buddies knows enough about cars to help me install.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:54 pm

:disgust: :yikes:
Didn't that hurt when they were put in and don't they hurt now?
Damn dude. When I worked in Hawaii for 6 months I was hiking in Maui and at the summit I fainted from altitude sickness and split my head open on a lava rock. Shit sucked. My scar finally isn't that bad after 2 years haha.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Go fucking shower.
:trollface:
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah I'd probably prefer a smaller boat with fewer kids on it. But they all have comedy clubs, overpriced bars, buffets, and nicer dining choices so :whocares: All 3 are going to the same damn ports too aside from the Carnival Dream, which is skipping one port. That one starts and ends in New Orleans though. The others are in Miami and Orlando.

Whatever. :troywax: Will be fun. I think I'll push Mama Wasteful to the Carnival ones just because the last Norwegian cruise was so :wtf:
Port Carneval. Fly into Orlando.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Port Carneval. Fly into Orlando.
If you have a day in Miami let me know. We could :dock: for a few
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.