OT Numero Uno: My ding ding dong

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: Exactly my point.

We have a similar situation with our friends who are horrific parents. Kids raised by iPads, letting them do whatever they want, never telling them no, etc. The kids are demons, and the parents just laugh about it and deny it. The little girl has told Infamous that she wishes she was her mommy. The little boy has expressed similar with me. It's fucking tragic, really.
Yeah, this shit is even worse, she always calls Allison and asks her to come get her... meanwhile her mom is having ten people over and they're all getting shit faced and taking pills, not even putting the kid to bed or anything. It's sad...
Woa, that is worse.
:(
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote:Man speaking of this shit... here's my time to :rage: about kids.

My gf's sister has a four year old girl and is a terrible parent, basically doesn't give a damn about her daughter, parties all the time, neglects the kid, it's really bad. My gf stresses constantly about it and it's just this shit show, puts her in bad moods, she ends up watching her overnight regularly so she can actually be in a normal environment sometimes. I hear about all of this drama constantly and it just sucks when she's all bummed out about it, nothing I can do, nothing she can do...

Fucking a', I wish you had to pass some kind of test to be a parent.
That's pretty horrible. Everyone I know that has a kid is grossly engaged with them all the time to the point that all they do is talk about their kids and show you cute pics.

I mean. If you're not doing that you're probably not doing enough for the kid really. But I feel that's part of being a parent, always putting your kid first.

What do I know doe I'm just a dumb millennial with a :doge: and :pussy:
Last edited by Johnny_P on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Same. I rarely answer the phone. That's what caller ID is for. I treat the door bell the same way. If I'm not expecting you get the fuck off my porch.
:dat:

Especially the door. It's always these pushy sales people that don't accept no for an answer. Fuck off.
:dat: or kids selling shit for their fucking high school band or, lately, political peeps trying to beg for my vote. Fuck off indeed.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote:

My gf's sister has a four year old girl and is a terrible parent, basically doesn't give a damn about her daughter, parties all the time, neglects the kid, it's really bad. My gf stresses constantly about it and it's just this shit show, puts her in bad moods, she ends up watching her overnight regularly so she can actually be in a normal environment sometimes. I hear about all of this drama constantly and it just sucks when she's all bummed out about it, nothing I can do, nothing she can do...

Is the father not involved at all?
Dgriff is this the sister that works at MacDoe ? Dat deadbeat stereotype
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: Exactly my point.

We have a similar situation with our friends who are horrific parents. Kids raised by iPads, letting them do whatever they want, never telling them no, etc. The kids are demons, and the parents just laugh about it and deny it. The little girl has told Infamous that she wishes she was her mommy. The little boy has expressed similar with me. It's fucking tragic, really.
Yeah, this shit is even worse, she always calls Allison and asks her to come get her... meanwhile her mom is having ten people over and they're all getting shit faced and taking pills, not even putting the kid to bed or anything. It's sad...
Dude, that sounds like it's bordering on child abuse or endangerment if they're all getting high and neglecting the kid. It would almost be worth it to call the cops to maybe scare her straight. I mean, I know it's your sister but fuck...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:

That's pretty horrible. Everyone I know that has a kid is grossly engaged with them all the time to the point that all they do is talk about their kids and show you cute pics.

I mean. If you're not doing that you're probably not doing enough for the kid really. But I feel that's part of being a parent, always putting your kid first.

What do I know doe I'm just a dumb millennial with a :doge: and :pussy:
Kids need to come first if you're going to have them. If you don't want them to be first, then you shouldn't be a parent.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Yeah I try and ignore all that too but you can see into my living room from my stoop.

Lately I have been turning it back around. Here's how it usually goes....

Girl: "Hi there I'm Sarah from Save The Red Bellied Whales group, do you have a minute to talk about our organization?"
Me: "Yeah, no, look I'm not going to be donating to your group we already give a ton to charities."
Girl: "Oh which ones?"
Me: "Well my GF runs a non-profit cafe in Brewerytown that employs youth that have aged out of the foster care system. It takes a lot of our time."
Girl: "Oh.... what's it called?"

And I give them the info and the rundown and explain the hardship and give them a business card for the cafe and show how they can donate and help.

5/7 LULZ
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote:
D Griff wrote: Yeah, this shit is even worse, she always calls Allison and asks her to come get her... meanwhile her mom is having ten people over and they're all getting shit faced and taking pills, not even putting the kid to bed or anything. It's sad...
Dude, that sounds like it's bordering on child abuse or endangerment if they're all getting high and neglecting the kid. It would almost be worth it to call the cops to maybe scare her straight. I mean, I know it's your sister but fuck...
It's my gf's sister.

She debates reporting them weekly... it's really shitty and I have to hear about it all the time.

The dad is gone/a meth head or something, I'm not really sure.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

Especially the door. It's always these pushy sales people that don't accept no for an answer. Fuck off.
:dat: or kids selling shit for their fucking high school band or, lately, political peeps trying to beg for my vote. Fuck off indeed.
We haven't gotten any political peeps. And the band kids are too shy, they just leave a note on the door asking for bottles/cans. Which we gladly gave because most of the bottles are craft beer bottles that can only be returned to the store they were purchased at and I can never remember which one it was.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:Yeah I try and ignore all that too but you can see into my living room from my stoop.

Girl: "Hi there I'm Sarah from Save The Red Bellied Whales group, do you have a minute to talk about our organization?"
Me: "Yeah, no, look I'm not going to be donating to your group we already give a ton to charities."
Me: "Well my GF runs a non-profit cafe in Brewerytown that employs youth that have aged out of the foster care system. It takes a lot of our time."

And I give them the info and the rundown and explain the hardship and give them a business card for the cafe and show how they can donate and help.

5/7 LULZ
:notbad:
Johnny_P

I'd give kids bottles or cans if they're going to take them to the recycling center and get profit for it. Good on them.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:
wap wrote: Dude, that sounds like it's bordering on child abuse or endangerment if they're all getting high and neglecting the kid. It would almost be worth it to call the cops to maybe scare her straight. I mean, I know it's your sister but fuck...
It's my gf's sister.

She debates reporting them weekly... it's really shitty and I have to hear about it all the time.

Really sounds like she should.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote:
wap wrote: Is the father not involved at all?
Dgriff is this the sister that works at MacDoe ? Dat deadbeat stereotype
Nah, it's my gf's sister.

My sister who WORKED at MacDoe is actually doing a lot better. She got some office job at Walmart corporate. She is another story, definitely not lazy, just made some poor choices that landed her in a bad spot in life. Her kids seem to mostly be turning into pretty decent human beings though.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:I'd give kids bottles or cans if they're going to take them to the recycling center and get profit for it. Good on them.
Exactly.

I mean, it's probably $20 worth of stuff, but it's a hassle for me to return, so if they want to and it helps their cause GO FOR IT.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:Yeah I try and ignore all that too but you can see into my living room from my stoop.

5/7 LULZ
:notbad:
They usually leave VERY confused and somewhat enthusiastic about helping GF's shop :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: :notbad:
They usually leave VERY confused and somewhat enthusiastic about helping GF's shop :lolol:
:fuckyeah: :dillerman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: It's my gf's sister.

Really sounds like she should.
Yeah, it's just tough, she might never see her niece again if she does that... She's hoping the daycare will or that their dad will apply for emergency custody.
Punchagoat
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Vape

PAPA BLESS
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

T minus 2 minutes until Taco Bell
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:I'd give kids bottles or cans if they're going to take them to the recycling center and get profit for it. Good on them.
Exactly.

I mean, it's probably $20 worth of stuff, but it's a hassle for me to return, so if they want to and it helps their cause GO FOR IT.
Yeah. We have homeless people that pick through the recycling bins here. They leave you alone and really just load up their shopping cart with cans. Don't mind one bit really just as long as they don't make a mess.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

5/7 LULZ
This is a great approach.
ChrisoftheNorth

We don't get charities either, it's really surprising given how liberal our city is.
We just get these contracted :dillerman: that try to sell new windows, roofs, basement waterproofing, etc. They literally will not take no for an answer. I gave one my number, and they've been calling for 2 years now, every day. Thanks android for the power to block numbers.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Dirty Sanchez
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: They usually leave VERY confused and somewhat enthusiastic about helping GF's shop :lolol:
:fuckyeah: :dillerman:
GF was :yeahok: when I told her I was doing that. Then one day she tried it and went "OMG it works :lolol: "
:fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: Really sounds like she should.
Yeah, it's just tough, she might never see her niece again if she does that... She's hoping the daycare will or that their dad will apply for emergency custody.
Doesn't sound like dad would be an improvement, doe.