Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Dang that's some back luck. Hopefully he has good insurance with all that prince money he's been giving away.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:23 pm Dang that's some back luck. Hopefully he has good insurance with all that prince money he's been giving away.
Bet he's uninsured....

:triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:23 pm Dang that's some back luck. Hopefully he has good insurance with all that prince money he's been giving away.
Bet he's uninsured....

inb4 thread on immigrants
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm
Bet he's uninsured....

He claims to have had insurance
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:(

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:disappoint:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
max225

Any takers on damage... ?

I am guestimating $3500.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:44 pm Any takers on damage... ?

I am guestimating $3500.
bumper $2500 plust whatever qp work so you're probably pretty close with that guess
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'll say $4500.
ChrisoftheNorth

Won't be a dime under $10k.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Appointment set for tomorrow at 10am..
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Damn, sorry to see that Max. Hope the dude's insurance is legit and pays up for his fuckery.
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:07 pm Damn, sorry to see that Max. Hope the dude's insurance is legit and pays up for his fuckery.
The shitty part is ...
1. I don't want my shit to go up
2. No one told me who is at fault... (99% sure I am not but you never know)
3. Police report will take "Up to two weeks"
4. I have no info from the guy causing all the damage since he was fairly adamant he is not at fault blah blah, so I called the cops and let them get everyone's info. (which wasn't shared with me). So everything is up to the insurance company for now.

Party 1 (guy in front) and I have the same provider... so it'll be interesting.

Ugh this is annoying. I think i'll have to drive the crown vic for now... since I don't have rental coverage.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:57 pm I'll say $4500.
Dat experience doe. :sad:
ChrisoftheNorth

So, if you don't get information from anyone, how does the insurance company? The police report?
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:12 pm So, if you don't get information from anyone, how does the insurance company? The police report?
Correct. That's how it happens. The parties don't have to give their info to you legally.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:12 pm So, if you don't get information from anyone, how does the insurance company? The police report?
Police report will have the information from all parties involved.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:14 pm
Correct. That's how it happens. The parties don't have to give their info to you legally.
Oh interesting.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:07 pm Damn, sorry to see that Max. Hope the dude's insurance is legit and pays up for his fuckery.
The shitty part is ...
4. I have no info from the guy causing all the damage since he was fairly adamant he is not at fault blah blah, so I called the cops and let them get everyone's info. (which wasn't shared with me). So everything is up to the insurance company for now.

Ugh this is annoying. I think i'll have to drive the crown vic for now... since I don't have rental coverage.
I'd just drive the Beemer if its still driveable. If you have same insurance that's good, it'll likely get resolved quicker.

Good on you getting the police report. The fact that you didn't hit the car in front and he slammed both you AND the poor fuck in front of you goes to show he's at fault. Who cares what he says. File a claim with your insurance, give them the info, pics, license plate, etc, and the police report or incident number if available. Cali is an at-fault state. Your insurance will not go up from this (I have been in similar situations).
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Insurance will also take a recorded statement from you. That is if they're legit. The Nigerian prince probably has the general insurance.

Johnny_P

Yep, freedom of information act or whatever. Thanks Bush. You can only get the other party's information if it's willingly given to you. But the Police took the info so insurance will be able to get the info.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:16 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm

The shitty part is ...

I'd just drive the Beemer if its still driveable. If you have same insurance that's good, it'll likely get resolved quicker.

Good on you getting the police report. The fact that you didn't hit the car in front and he slammed both you AND the poor fuck in front of you goes to show he's at fault. Who cares what he says. File a claim with your insurance, give them the info, pics, license plate, etc, and the police report or incident number if available. Cali is an at-fault state. Your insurance will not go up from this (I have been in similar situations).
All of this has been done. Insurance referred me to this bodyshop since they have some kind of gurantee with them. I actually know the shop etc, they seem good.

But we all know how this goes, they will fuck something up here and there. I just don't want to
1. Drive in a fucked up car like this for 2-4 weeks which is how long it'll take for them to assign fault.
2. Deal with some kind of issue at lease turn in... I am not sure if I am going to have to pay extra since they won't be able to CPO the car for sure. 3 owners +accident. :disgust:

So it also sounds like i'll have to cough up my deductible and then wait for it to come back if they deem the other party at fault.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

All of this has been done. Insurance referred me to this bodyshop since they have some kind of gurantee with them. I actually know the shop etc, they seem good.

But we all know how this goes, they will fuck something up here and there. I just don't want to
1. Drive in a fucked up car like this for 2-4 weeks which is how long it'll take for them to assign fault.
So it sounds like i'll have to cough up my deductible and then wait for it to come back if they deem the other party at fault.
Get car repaired in the meantime through your policy, they'll go after Mr. Nigeria. You'll have to front the deductible or at least be willing to pay it if you're deemed at fault (you won't be).

The only reason you'd have to drive around in the dicked up car is if the body shop is backed up and can't take you right away.

The rental car situation becomes confusing when it's the same provider doe. Technically his policy should pay for your rental car I think. But that would only be allowable if he's deemed at fault. So if you want the rental wait till fault is determined. Or try and roll the dice on that too. The body shop may be able to help with this, or your insurance man.

The accident won't cause a problem at trade in unless a shitty job was done and it needs to be re-done, or it's deemed a total loss and repaired with an R title.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:17 pm Insurance will also take a recorded statement from you. That is if they're legit. The Nigerian prince probably has the general insurance.

Every insurance co will take a recorded statement from both parties. Or all 3 in this case.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

2. Deal with some kind of issue at lease turn in... I am not sure if I am going to have to pay extra since they won't be able to CPO the car for sure. 3 owners +accident. :disgust:

So it also sounds like i'll have to cough up my deductible and then wait for it to come back if they deem the other party at fault.
Eh. I'd shy away from insurance recommended body shops. The only one who benefits from it is the insurance company.

Take it to the shop of your choosing. Insurance assigned blame on mine the next day and that was more questionable than this accident. This is pretty cut and dry.