OT X - Here for the Crang Bang

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I envy all of you with your homes. Student loans are a killer. Maybe in like 8 years life will be better? I have heard some buzz about changing lending requirements so those with student loans fit into the equation more. Meh. I am looking for another job because I do not want to live where I am now.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 am
C00bs wrote:I envy all of you with your homes. Student loans are a killer. Maybe in like 8 years life will be better? I have heard some buzz about changing lending requirements so those with student loans fit into the equation more. Meh. I am looking for another job because I do not want to live where I am now.
I think most people have student loans with the first house. Just gotta find cheaper places. I wouldn't count on lending requirements changing these days.
Not in the favor of ones trying to acquire the loan, anyway...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 am
C00bs wrote:I envy all of you with your homes. Student loans are a killer. Maybe in like 8 years life will be better? I have heard some buzz about changing lending requirements so those with student loans fit into the equation more. Meh. I am looking for another job because I do not want to live where I am now.
I think most people have student loans with the first house. Just gotta find cheaper places. I wouldn't count on lending requirements changing these days.
:dat:
Idk why any lending requirement would change just because of student loans, they are still a debt obligation that needs to be repaid.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:

:poop: time

Then I might watch some rick & morty. :fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Rick and Morty sucks.
*reserved for no content*
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:37 pm
NEEK wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:21 pm When are we hanging out?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Is that an offer for free labor?

:lol:

I'm not hanging out anywhere for a few weeks at this point, so much to do and schedules at are tight.
It might have been...

:neek:
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Back to T-Mobile I go today to activate the other child onto my plan.

Ex-wife was an absolute bitch to my gf the other night, so now she will get hit with half of both of their activation fees and shits. I was gonna be nice and pay them without her, but not anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

NEEK wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:02 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Is that an offer for free labor?

:lol:

I'm not hanging out anywhere for a few weeks at this point, so much to do and schedules at are tight.
It might have been...

:neek:

:iswydt:
razr390

Car hesitating to start up this morning. :notsure:

It was completely fine last night at 3AM.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote:Car hesitating to start up this morning. :notsure:

Carbon buildup?
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:39 pm
razr390 wrote:Car hesitating to start up this morning. :notsure:

Carbon buildup?
It's weird because it happened overnight. And I did my carbon cleaning at like 45k
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 am I think most people have student loans with the first house. Just gotta find cheaper places. I wouldn't count on lending requirements changing these days.
Idk why any lending requirement would change just because of student loans, they are still a debt obligation that needs to be repaid.
Because under certain repayment options such as PAYE (Pay As You Earn), the amount paid back will be lower than the loan balance. There is movement towards looking at monthly obligations v. the loan balance.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

NEEK wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:06 pm Back to T-Mobile I go today to activate the other child onto my plan.

Ex-wife was an absolute bitch to my gf the other night, so now she will get hit with half of both of their activation fees and shits. I was gonna be nice and pay them without her, but not anymore.
Is your ex wife dating someone else?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:39 pm Carbon buildup?
It's weird because it happened overnight. And I did my carbon cleaning at like 45k
Spark plug or coil pack? Does it have warranty coverage?
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:03 pm
C00bs wrote:
Because under certain repayment options such as PAYE (Pay As You Earn), the amount paid back will be lower than the loan balance. There is movement towards looking at monthly obligations v. the loan balance.
PAYE is going to go the way of the dodo. Someone has to pay the difference and that someone is the tax payer.
Not going anywhere for those currently on the plan. It's contractual promise. The Trump administration already said it wouldn't touch public service loan forgiveness for those on the plan, but would get rid of it maybe for future students.
Apex

C00bs wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:44 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 pm

They don't look at the loan balance, the underwriters look at the monthly obligation. Your loan balance could be $1,000,000 but if the monthly is $250 they are only taking the $250 under consideration for calculating your Debt to Income and ability to repay the mortgage.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:17 pm
C00bs wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:44 pm

They don't look at the loan balance, the underwriters look at the monthly obligation. Your loan balance could be $1,000,000 but if the monthly is $250 they are only taking the $250 under consideration for calculating your Debt to Income and ability to repay the mortgage.
Ah, isn't there something else? A buddy of mine has a high loan balance but makes a lot of money yet his debt to income ratio was still too high.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:44 pm
razr390 wrote:
Spark plug or coil pack? Does it have warranty coverage?
Yes I'm under warranty (powertrain and extended) until 60k.

I'm thinking it's either the battery, spark plugs or ignition coils. But betting on the battery first. Taking it to service tomorrow considering I'm 500 miles away from my next service date.
Apex

C00bs wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:26 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Ah, isn't there something else? A buddy of mine has a high loan balance but makes a lot of money yet his debt to income ratio was still too high.
Not really... Just make sure you're adding up all of the debts listed on your credit report (you can get a free copy from each of the 3 major agencies each year). High balances usually have high monthlies, your buddy might be able to refinance the student loans (some medical and attorney loans are more difficult to refinance) into a longer term to get a lower monthly on his credit report. Can still make the same payments and pay them off sooner, but the mortgage underwriters are only looking at the monthly.
razr390

kombucha giving me gas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:44 pm Spark plug or coil pack? Does it have warranty coverage?

I'm thinking it's either the battery, spark plugs or ignition coils. But betting on the battery first. Taking it to service tomorrow considering I'm 500 miles away from my next service date.
Hope they get it resolved tomorrow.

:popcorn:
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Where do all of you live? I am here in NY (not close to NYC). I've been trying to look for job openings in TX and places with a lower cost of living. My work may in the future have some openings in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Seems almost like a no brainer to move if I get paid more than here and with the lower cost of living. Those hot TX summers though might be rough, but then again no snow.
Apex

C00bs wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:23 pm Where do all of you live? I am here in NY (not close to NYC). I've been trying to look for job openings in TX and places with a lower cost of living. My work may in the future have some openings in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Seems almost like a no brainer to move if I get paid more than here and with the lower cost of living. Those hot TX summers though might be rough, but then again no snow.
Where are you in NY?

There's a group of us in the metro-NY/metro-Philly area.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Upstate NY. To me it's central NY really. I am about 3 hours from NYC.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:13 pm
razr390 wrote:

Hope they get it resolved tomorrow.

:popcorn:
I hope I get a loaner so I can keep some miles off the GTI.