OT X - Here for the Crang Bang

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

razr390 wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 pm Tweaked my back. Haven't had back pain for a long time now. Poop.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:sad:

speaking of :poop:

I am making one as we speak
I'm doing this now. It's squirty.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

*reserved for no content*
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Hot tub delivered.

Weight bench disassembled and moved into storage.

Need to empty the safes and move them out of my office next and start clearing the bedrooms so I can paint them this coming week. I recently disassembled my desk and put it all back together, so I am not looking forward to that again. :(
When are we hanging out?

*reserved for no content*
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

NEEK wrote:
razr390 wrote: :sad:

speaking of :poop:

I am making one as we speak
I'm doing this now. It's squirty.

Big pile of mud unloaded. I feel extra nimble!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

NEEK wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:21 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:Hot tub delivered.

Weight bench disassembled and moved into storage.

Need to empty the safes and move them out of my office next and start clearing the bedrooms so I can paint them this coming week. I recently disassembled my desk and put it all back together, so I am not looking forward to that again. :(
When are we hanging out?

Is that an offer for free labor?

:lol:

I'm not hanging out anywhere for a few weeks at this point, so much to do and schedules at are tight.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Went to Bed Bath And Beyond today to get new rugs for the bathrooms. Ended up buying pots and pans and a ton of other shit. Total with tax before the stack of 20% and $5 off coupons $1,022.xx. After coupons and the $50 gift card for buying the pots: $688.00.

I love that they let you stack those coupons. The $5 ones are awesome on items that are cheaper, like the $12 cabinet liners.

The pots were on sale, 10 piece set normally $599 for $399 plus a $50 gift card and a 10" stir fry pan that is normally $150 for free. Hefty plate on the bottom of these things for heat distribution and anti warping.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Went to Bed Bath And Beyond today to get new rugs for the bathrooms. Ended up buying pots and pans and a ton of other shit. Total with tax before the stack of 20% and $5 off coupons $1,022.xx. After coupons and the $50 gift card for buying the pots: $688.00.

I love that they let you stack those coupons. The $5 ones are awesome on items that are cheaper, like the $12 cabinet liners.

The pots were on sale, 10 piece set normally $599 for $399 plus a $50 gift card and a 10" stir fry pan that is normally $150 for free. Hefty plate on the bottom of these things for heat distribution and anti warping.
:waxer: gonna :waxer:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:Went to Bed Bath And Beyond today to get new rugs for the bathrooms. Ended up buying pots and pans and a ton of other shit. Total with tax before the stack of 20% and $5 off coupons $1,022.xx. After coupons and the $50 gift card for buying the pots: $688.00.

:waxer: gonna :waxer:
House shit ain't cheap.

I won't lie though, I have spent WAY too much in the last month. I'm approaching $60k on stuff for/around the house including labor. Now all that work needs to be completed so I can relax a bit and enjoy it.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm :waxer: gonna :waxer:
House shit ain't cheap.

I won't lie though, I have spent WAY too much in the last month. I'm approaching $60k on stuff for/around the house including labor. Now all that work needs to be completed so I can relax a bit and enjoy it.
We get it, you're the richest motherfucker on the board. No need to rub our noses in it.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
House shit ain't cheap.

We get it, you're the richest motherfucker on the board. No need to rub our noses in it.
:triggered:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm :waxer: gonna :waxer:
House shit ain't cheap.

House renos ain't cheap. I will likely do my own flooring minus tiles when the time comes. I have the skills and the labor costs are rediculous. My neighbor spent 100k on floors and kitchen last. It adds up fast!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
House shit ain't cheap.

You're the poorest rich guy on the board, STFU.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
House shit ain't cheap.

House renos ain't cheap. I will likely do my own flooring minus tiles when the time comes. I have the skills and the labor costs are rediculous. My neighbor spent 100k on floors and kitchen last. It adds up fast!
Yeah, I could have done all my work for the flooring but you know, my knees and back tell me to pay this time.

15 years ago I did all the tile work in the house and did all my own baseboard and door casings. This time I'm just doing the paint work on the inside and letting younger guys work on their hands and knees for a week at a time.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 pm We get it, you're the richest motherfucker on the board. No need to rub our noses in it.
:sass:

Dat $60k/month spending rate and still thinking you have anything in common with the average pleb... wake up, dude, you're ridiculously loaded beyond the wildest dreams of a normal person.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:01 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
:sass:

Dat $60k/month spending rate and still thinking you have anything in common with the average pleb... wake up, dude, you're ridiculously loaded beyond the wildest dreams of a normal person.
No way, I "lost" over $80k in the last 2 days in my stock bonus that is coming at the end of the month. I'm no different from you and your woman. North Korea is impacting all of us.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm House renos ain't cheap. I will likely do my own flooring minus tiles when the time comes. I have the skills and the labor costs are rediculous. My neighbor spent 100k on floors and kitchen last. It adds up fast!
Yeah, I could have done all my work for the flooring but you know, my knees and back tell me to pay this time.

15 years ago I did all the tile work in the house and did all my own baseboard and door casings. This time I'm just doing the paint work on the inside and letting younger guys work on their hands and knees for a week at a time.
I get it, be there in 15yrs but contractors are full :disgust: with their pricing. Some can argue that the pros do a better job when all is said and done so if the goal is a top notch job to improve resale then it might just be pointless to cut corners. :math:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:06 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

I get it, be there in 15yrs but contractors are full :disgust: with their pricing. Some can argue that the pros do a better job when all is said and done so if the goal is a top notch job to improve resale then it might just be pointless to cut corners. :math:
If you take your time you can do the same job. You just might run through a bit more material making extra cuts that they may get right on the first try.

You're not wrong at all about the prices though, they are insane. I got quoted $1800 to run a 240V line and a switch box across my attic and down a wall to power the hot tub, and that was the cheapest quote. This is literally $150 in materials if I bought it at home depot and didn't get a contractor discount and about 2-3 hours of labor. I'm still considering doing it myself, but I don't really want to crawl my attic with the vaulted ceilings and 18" of space to work with between the roof and the insulation. Also, their price includes getting the permits.... so, that is one thing as well.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:01 pm :sass:

No way, I "lost" over $80k in the last 2 days in my stock bonus that is coming at the end of the month. I'm no different from you and your woman. North Korea is impacting all of us.
We don't get stock... you're nothing like us. You're on another plane of existence.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm
troyguitar wrote:
We don't get stock... you're nothing like us. You're on another plane of existence.
You're right. He is because he gets up and goes to work every day instead of having a sugar mama.

:trollface:
:nuke: :triggered:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm
troyguitar wrote:
You're right. He is because he gets up and goes to work every day instead of having a sugar mama.

Holy fuck. :nuke:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: We don't get stock... you're nothing like us. You're on another plane of existence.

:dat:

If you don't work for a megacorp, you're a lazy piece of shit.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 pm
[user not found] wrote:You're right. He is because he gets up and goes to work every day instead of having a sugar mama.

If you don't work for a megacorp, you're a lazy piece of shit.
:popcorn:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My Corp has one employee. He happens to have a President title doe.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

fledonfoot wrote:
Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:12 pm Whats a mortgage?
A 72 month car note?
There's a mattress store near my grocery store. They had a bunch of signs in the window for 72 month financing.

:wtf:

:therapist:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm House renos ain't cheap. I will likely do my own flooring minus tiles when the time comes. I have the skills and the labor costs are rediculous. My neighbor spent 100k on floors and kitchen last. It adds up fast!

As you get older and you make more money, this becomes more and more desirable.

:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

As you get older and you make more money, this becomes more and more desirable.

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.