The Relationship Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote:Must be a woman thing.

I don't really care. If we're going to trip it, I make a point to clean it out ahead of time because I'll be in it. She usually helps a little bit, but whatever. Not something worth creating a fight over. If she wants to drive around in a dumpster, that's her problem.
:dat:

only time it pisses me off is when it affects me, like trying to get in the car.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I clean all of our cars inside and out, but my level of clean is probably still :gag: to [user not found].

If I didn't do it, it would never be done. Her parents keep their house pretty much spotless but they NEVER clean their cars. Somehow she managed to only pick up the car thing Imageol:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

KiaGiver wrote:
Detroit wrote: Infamous is like this too. I wonder if she feels toward me what zil feels toward mrs?

:mindblown:

She treats her vehicles like garbage cans, doe.
While I was still married, I used to badger the fuck out of my wife because of the smallest crumbs, dog hair etc. etc. We had two kids, but I didn't care at the time. I wanted her to keep her shit spotless because of bullshit car guy reasons. It used to cause the dumbest fucking fights, lol.
In the book of arguments you'll encounter with a woman..... this one ranks very very very low in importance.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Ahhh, relationshits. :nuke:
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Whichever bmw isn't broken

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

Communication is a two-way street. Wife :rage: with me if I leave a pan on the stove. Sorry, I was running late and couldn't clean it immediately after use. A simple "hey clean the pan" would work better than :rage:
Thing is, I do this. I make a small requests like "please clean your pan" or "please clean your dishes."

They end up getting put in the sink, they pile up, and eventually get in the way of me washing things, so I just end up washing them anyway at some point.

And then when it reaches that point I give her a sarcastic thanks for leaving the dishes in the sink.
I fucking hate when people pile up dushes in the sink. HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO START WASHING THE PILE IF THE SINK IS FULL?! :rage:

On a more to the point note, sounds like yall really need to work on communication. Not that I'm not the pot calling the kettle black
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote:I clean all of our cars inside and out, but my level of clean is probably still :gag: to [user not found].

If I didn't do it, it would never be done. Her parents keep their house pretty much spotless but they NEVER clean their cars. Somehow she managed to only pick up the car thing Imageol:
I keep the car clean. My room? Whoa boi that's another story. I have like 3 loads of laundry waiting in the bedroom and shit everywhere. I keep my stuff tidy in the rest of the house for the most part. She's the one that keeps the rest of the house a mess with letters, papers, files, shop stuff, etc on every fucking surface.

I just pile it up somewhere for her if I want space cleared off the coffee table or kitchen table.

Honestly. That's not worth an argument either. We've argued about a ton of shit, mostly communication and feeling stuff, that is wayyy more intense than picking up mail.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote:Ahhh, relationshits. :nuke:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

gravey wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
Thing is, I do this. I make a small requests like "please clean your pan" or "please clean your dishes."

They end up getting put in the sink, they pile up, and eventually get in the way of me washing things, so I just end up washing them anyway at some point.

And then when it reaches that point I give her a sarcastic thanks for leaving the dishes in the sink.
I fucking hate when people pile up dushes in the sink. HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO START WASHING THE PILE IF THE SINK IS FULL?! :rage:

On a more to the point note, sounds like yall really need to work on communication. Not that I'm not the pot calling the kettle black
:dat: load them on the counter next to the sink so you have space to clean stuff.
I don't usually care if there's a dish pile waiting for me, I just do them because I'll end up doing the dishes at some point during hte night anyway. It's the pot soaking with little giblets floating around like some sort of physics lab experiment where I get :disgust:

But whatever, just dump it out and clean it. NBD takes like 2 minutes.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote:Ahhh, relationshits. :nuke:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote:I clean all of our cars inside and out, but my level of clean is probably still :gag: to [user not found].

I keep the car clean. My room? Whoa boi that's another story. I have like 3 loads of laundry waiting in the bedroom and shit everywhere. I keep my stuff tidy in the rest of the house for the most part. She's the one that keeps the rest of the house a mess with letters, papers, files, shop stuff, etc on every fucking surface.

I just pile it up somewhere for her if I want space cleared off the coffee table or kitchen table.

Honestly. That's not worth an argument either. We've argued about a ton of shit, mostly communication and feeling stuff, that is wayyy more intense than picking up mail.
Infamous always picks shit up and puts it somewhere I can't find it. I :rage: , she tells me that I should have picked it up in the first place. I :iswydt: apologize, and we :dock:

This happens frequently. At this point, we just joke about it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Johnny_P wrote:
KiaGiver wrote:
While I was still married, I used to badger the fuck out of my wife because of the smallest crumbs, dog hair etc. etc. We had two kids, but I didn't care at the time. I wanted her to keep her shit spotless because of bullshit car guy reasons. It used to cause the dumbest fucking fights, lol.
In the book of arguments you'll encounter with a woman..... this one ranks very very very low in importance.
Exactly. I was my marriage's worst enemy at the time.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
gravey wrote:

:dat: load them on the counter next to the sink so you have space to clean stuff.
I don't usually care if there's a dish pile waiting for me, I just do them because I'll end up doing the dishes at some point during hte night anyway. It's the pot soaking with little giblets floating around like some sort of physics lab experiment where I get :disgust:

We have the same arrangement as you guys ( I clean while she cooks). I hate cooking so, the bigger the dish pile, the less I cook. It works out well, cause I can just zone out and do dishes. We have tunes going, it's really a solid arrangement.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I keep the car clean. My room? Whoa boi that's another story. I have like 3 loads of laundry waiting in the bedroom and shit everywhere. I keep my stuff tidy in the rest of the house for the most part. She's the one that keeps the rest of the house a mess with letters, papers, files, shop stuff, etc on every fucking surface.

Infamous always picks shit up and puts it somewhere I can't find it. I :rage: , she tells me that I should have picked it up in the first place. I :iswydt: apologize, and we :dock:

I fucking hate it when people move stuff on me. That's part of why I do everything myself.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: Infamous always picks shit up and puts it somewhere I can't find it. I :rage: , she tells me that I should have picked it up in the first place. I :iswydt: apologize, and we :dock:

I fucking hate it when people move stuff on me. That's part of why I do everything myself.
That's her thing. If I don't like it, I should do it myself.

She's not wrong. :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Infamous is like this too. I wonder if she feels toward me what zil feels toward mrs?

:mindblown:

She treats her vehicles like garbage cans, doe.
The gf drinks bottled water like she's headed to a trek in the Gobi. Every weekend I pull 10-15 empties from behind her seat to put in the recycle bin. No dog hair doe.
Man, I fucking hate bottled water :lolol: . Another example of something not worth having an argument about :doe:

We can all bitch/vent in here all we want, but I'm sure our significant other's all do stuff to take care of us we don't realize that is also really annoying for them.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: :dat: load them on the counter next to the sink so you have space to clean stuff.

We have the same arrangement as you guys ( I clean while she cooks). I hate cooking so, the bigger the dish pile, the less I cook. It works out well, cause I can just zone out and do dishes. We have tunes going, it's really a solid arrangement.
Yeah I mean I don't like doing dishes but I can't keep up with her dietary restrictions and am not good at ad-libbing in the kitchen with ingredients and substitutes for things she's allergic to. So whatever, she mostly does the cooking I do the cleaning.

It works great. The bickering about that shit stopped completely when we implemented that.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
The gf drinks bottled water like she's headed to a trek in the Gobi. Every weekend I pull 10-15 empties from behind her seat to put in the recycle bin. No dog hair doe.
Man, I fucking hate bottled water :lolol: . Another example of something not worth having an argument about :doe:

We can all bitch/vent in here all we want, but I'm sure our significant other's all do stuff to take care of us we don't realize that is also really annoying for them.
yep
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

There are several problems still festering over in my household, but here's a fun little story that made me :rage: this morning. Saturday night wife made some cold-brew coffee and strained it Sunday morning. She works for a software company and had to wake up early Sunday to test for their new release, so she was up a good 2 hours before me. She made breakfast for herself and drank ~1/2 of said cold brew while she was working. I needed to go grab a couple things to make breakfast of my own when I woke up, so I walked to the grocery around the corner to pick up a few things and walked out with a large 20oz hot coffee since it was fricking cold finally and I really didn't feel like iced coffee after walking a few blocks in 35 degree weather. Got back, she took a sip and gave me the puppy eyes like she wanted some, so I poured her a mug from my cup. Wake up this morning, and she's taken all of what was left of the iced coffee from Sunday, put it in her tumbler (with almond milk, which I'm allergic to), and took it to work without asking if I'd like any.

Seriously? I make a comment about her taking it all and just get a "whelp, it already has almond milk in it, sorry boutcha" and we're out the door. Seriously, gfy. I know it's just coffee, but the fact that she either didn't think I might want my 1/2, or even half of what was left, is so fucking inconsiderate. And she wonders why we haven't :dock: in a month.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote:There are several problems still festering over in my household, but here's a fun little story that made me :rage: this morning. Saturday night wife made some cold-brew coffee and strained it Sunday morning. She works for a software company and had to wake up early Sunday to test for their new release, so she was up a good 2 hours before me. She made breakfast for herself and drank ~1/2 of said cold brew while she was working. I needed to go grab a couple things to make breakfast of my own when I woke up, so I walked to the grocery around the corner to pick up a few things and walked out with a large 20oz hot coffee since it was fricking cold finally and I really didn't feel like iced coffee after walking a few blocks in 35 degree weather. Got back, she took a sip and gave me the puppy eyes like she wanted some, so I poured her a mug from my cup. Wake up this morning, and she's taken all of what was left of the iced coffee from Sunday, put it in her tumbler (with almond milk, which I'm allergic to), and took it to work without asking if I'd like any.

Seriously? I make a comment about her taking it all and just get a "whelp, it already has almond milk in it, sorry boutcha" and we're out the door. Seriously, gfy. I know it's just coffee, but the fact that she either didn't think I might want my 1/2, or even half of what was left, is so fucking inconsiderate. And she wonders why we haven't :dock: in a month.
lol dem puppy dog eyes doe
Johnny_P

Thanks :[user not found]: I took the test and sent it to her. She'll be ecstatic that I took it and am interested in making our relationship better :D
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Ho. Lee. Shit.

@4zilch If I wasn't ready to marry you, I am now. I never realized how lucky we are on the communication front. But we also automatically didn't share bathrooms when I moved in. My bathroom is constantly a disaster zone but so is his. And I never have to see his.

I get it, though. Broads can be lazy as fuq. I had females roommates in all forms for 7 years of my life and bitches were filthy.

Try some unconventional relationship cohabitation? Don't share bathrooms if the soap bugs you so much. I'm not saying it has to be that literal but if it's laundry, maybe don't share a closet. If it's dishes, maybe she has three single plates and they aren't clean, she has nothing to eat off of. It doesn't have to be any of these specifics but stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

coogles wrote:There are several problems still festering over in my household, but here's a fun little story that made me :rage: this morning. Saturday night wife made some cold-brew coffee and strained it Sunday morning. She works for a software company and had to wake up early Sunday to test for their new release, so she was up a good 2 hours before me. She made breakfast for herself and drank ~1/2 of said cold brew while she was working. I needed to go grab a couple things to make breakfast of my own when I woke up, so I walked to the grocery around the corner to pick up a few things and walked out with a large 20oz hot coffee since it was fricking cold finally and I really didn't feel like iced coffee after walking a few blocks in 35 degree weather. Got back, she took a sip and gave me the puppy eyes like she wanted some, so I poured her a mug from my cup. Wake up this morning, and she's taken all of what was left of the iced coffee from Sunday, put it in her tumbler (with almond milk, which I'm allergic to), and took it to work without asking if I'd like any.

TLDR; coogles hasn't docked in a month :baby:
Desertbreh

Sno wrote:Ho. Lee. Shit.

@4zilch If I wasn't ready to marry you, I am now. I never realized how lucky we are on the communication front. But we also automatically didn't share bathrooms when I moved in. My bathroom is constantly a disaster zone but so is his. And I never have to see his.

I get it, though. Broads can be lazy as fuq. I had females roommates in all forms for 7 years of my life and bitches were filthy.

Try some unconventional relationship cohabitation? Don't share bathrooms if the soap bugs you so much. I'm not saying it has to be that literal but if it's laundry, maybe don't share a closet. If it's dishes, maybe she has three single plates and they aren't clean, she has nothing to eat off of. It doesn't have to be any of these specifics but stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Wait you guys aren't married?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

gravey wrote:

TLDR; coogles hasn't docked in a month :baby:
Yeah she tried Saturday night, I shut that shit down in a hurry.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Sno wrote:Ho. Lee. Shit.

So sno is into pegging? :impressive: good points tho