DFD Couch Racer Chat: Forza and stuff

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Caspian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 am I had a 1st gen Xbox, and after beating Forza I didn't touch it. That was really all that I played on it, I was more into computer gaming.
Same here.

Any old school PC gamers here? Who remembers OG Unreal Tournament? MMMMMONSTER KILL!!!! :D

How about Half Life? Or a game called Thief (dark project, and then gold, then metal age, then deadly shadows) circa 1999ish. Dark stealthy goodness. That game really helped me refine my burglary career, I made so much money back then. :notsure:

N64 and Goldeneye were an awesome quick set up for a console game with four friends. We used to sit around playing that high on mushrooms for hours. We could never get the damn game started, but when we finally did it was hilarious.

Favorite car in Forza (1) is the Ferrari 355 Challenge I think, it revs to the moon, sounds great and handles awesome. :popcorn:
Unreal Tournament was awesome. I mostly played Counter Strike though.

Agreed on the F355 Challenge. That car was great to drive in that game. I also really liked the Evos and STIs, when fully modded out they were :plaid:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Caspian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 am I had a 1st gen Xbox, and after beating Forza I didn't touch it. That was really all that I played on it, I was more into computer gaming.
Same here.

Any old school PC gamers here? Who remembers OG Unreal Tournament? MMMMMONSTER KILL!!!! :D

How about Half Life? Or a game called Thief (dark project, and then gold, then metal age, then deadly shadows) circa 1999ish. Dark stealthy goodness. That game really helped me refine my burglary career, I made so much money back then. :notsure:

N64 and Goldeneye were an awesome quick set up for a console game with four friends. We used to sit around playing that high on mushrooms for hours. We could never get the damn game started, but when we finally did it was hilarious.

Favorite car in Forza (1) is the Ferrari 355 Challenge I think, it revs to the moon, sounds great and handles awesome. :popcorn:
OG Unreal Tournament was fun as hell, same with Quake 2 (I played a lot of the Weapons Factory mod).

Then I found MMORPG's and was hooked on Asheron's Call for years.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

We played Quake the most at school, but my favorite shooters were first Splatterball (paintball-based) and then Magestorm (magic-based with classes and levels).

Splatterball used to cost $1.99 PER HOUR to play on AOL. :troywax:
Caspian
сибирский
Drives: Horse and wagon

LOL, oh yeah I do remember counter strike, decent game for sure, but the intense fast action UT had me :jizz: back for more.

Never heard of the other games, I mostly stuck to consoles when I wasn't busy building skateboard ramps and riding BMX. You ever seen a 50 year old skate a half pipe, or smoke a group of kids on 20" bikes around a dirt course? I have 35mm pics. :D :mindblown:
:themoreyouknow:
Caspian
сибирский

Never played Doom.

When I'm not treating local public roads as though they are my personal racetracks :stig: , my favorite course on Forza is Maple Valley circuit. Hell, even the short MV is fun to zip around. Second favorite, Sunset Peninsula Infield.
Caspian
сибирский

[user not found], retirement check and food stamp card doesn't cover new game consoles. :triggered:

[user not found], I was never on the intrawebz with my xbox but maybe I will. I'll look into it, my sister is a super computer nerd, she can maybe help me get online.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Ive plugged my forza wheel back up. Its been pretty awesome so far. I decided to travel back to Forza 6 and run some actual courses.
troyguitar

Forza 7 coming soon and might actually be compatible with my wheel/pedal/shifter setup... :popcorn:

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/21/forza- ... confirmed/
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, I gotta get a rig built this winter...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:45 pm Forza 7 is compatible with he standard Xbone, ja?
Si. No difference aside from the 4k resolution on the Xbox one x.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

everyone excited for forza 7? ?!?!
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:everyone excited for forza 7? ?!?!
I pre-ordered the pc version, gotta put my rig back together now.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:03 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:everyone excited for forza 7? ?!?!
I pre-ordered the pc version, gotta put my rig back together now.
no xbone? :butwhy:

at least its cross platform.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

cool. me too. 3 guess first two don't count on what my gamertag is. Add me bitches.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:17 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:05 pm

no xbone? :butwhy:

at least its cross platform.
McTroy doesn't believe in the inferior console.

I'm excited, doe.
:dat:

I'm still hoping to keep slowly improving my rig to the point of eventually having real motion involved too, which requires PC. That and I keep thinking that some year I'll have time to play RPG's again even though it probably won't happen.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:02 pm everyone excited for forza 7? ?!?!
I am, but this will be the first one that I haven't pre-ordered and won't have launch day
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:57 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:52 pm

I am, but this will be the first one that I haven't pre-ordered and won't have launch day
I've got haus shit to worry about. I'll get the game when I've got my console set up again sometime in November.
Meh, I'll probably wait until Christmas and just ask for it. I'm not gonna have much time for games soon between work, school and then a new :baby: It'll probably be sometime next year before I've got a schedule hammered out and have time to play anything again. :iono:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

WHere's the PC version? I'm on the site and don't see it.
Or is there no PC and only console?
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Meh, I'll probably wait until Christmas and just ask for it. I'm not gonna have much time for games soon between work, school and then a new :baby: It'll probably be sometime next year before I've got a schedule hammered out and have time to play anything again. :iono:
Play while the :baby: naps on your lap.
That's kind of the plan eventually, it's just gonna take time to get to that point.
ChrisoftheNorth

Is Forza 7 just for the new fancy xboner and pic? Or will it work on my ancient poverty xboner?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 am Is Forza 7 just for the new fancy xboner and pic? Or will it work on my ancient poverty xboner?
AFAIK its cross platform, works on all xbox ones' and windows 10. you get 4k if you play it on an xbox one X.

I dont even have a 4k tv so :aintcare:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 am Is Forza 7 just for the new fancy xboner and pic? Or will it work on my ancient poverty xboner?
AFAIK its cross platform, works on all xbox ones' and windows 10. you get 4k if you play it on an xbox one X.

I dont even have a 4k tv so :aintcare:
Yea, I don't have a 4k TV either, so that doesn't matter.

Awesome...I'll be picking this up over the winter for sure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

what yall know bout that UPGRAYDD

brain go brrrrrr
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:31 pm what yall know bout that UPGRAYDD

:impressive:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:31 pm what yall know bout that UPGRAYDD

:impressive: