DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:spinulator: class is cancelled for the near future apparently. So I hit the iron for the first time in 6 weeks. Hit squats for 275x4 and OHP was 115 for 3 sets of 5.

Just easing back into moving some weight. Would have been better in my lifting shoes than sandals doe. :lol:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I have been a total failure this week. Every damn morning when it's time to get up I've been totally wiped out, and ended up trading the workout for sleep.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Any good DL videos you guys recommend?

I think I'm just going to hang in the low weight for a while, really work on form, make sure my back is healed fully so I don't fuck anything up again.

I've been watching Alan Thrall's stuff, which I like. Honestly, my DL form isn't bad. I'll try to make a video.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am Any good DL videos you guys recommend?

I think I'm just going to hang in the low weight for a while, really work on form, make sure my back is healed fully so I don't fuck anything up again.

I've been watching Alan Thrall's stuff, which I like. Honestly, my DL form isn't bad. I'll try to make a video.

This guy is an absolute freak. Holds multiple PL records, but stays lean enough that he could easily dominate a bodybuilding show with just a few weeks of dieting.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am Any good DL videos you guys recommend?

Brian Alsruhe should be posting his DL cheat sheet video soon. His squat and bench videos are up and are very informative so I can only expect his DL one to be on par. That said, he does have other DL focused videos on his channel that are worth watching.
The panda hath arrived.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Thanks bros. I'll check these out.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I've got some DOMS in my thighs today from Wednesday. Little annoying.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Fuck me ImageImage
SAWCE

I've decided to change my approach and try to shred a little bit. I'm just going to try to lose 10, maybe 15, pounds over the next month and a half or two months. Not happy with how my body is looking, so I'm gonna clean it up, and then take a more disciplined approach to building muscle again afterwards and put that weight back on, but hopefully as muscle instead of fat this time. Still going to be lifting as heavy and as frequently as possible in order to maintain muscle mass.

Starting the cut by dropping 100g of carbs/day out of my diet. That puts my macros at 425g carbs, 300g protein, 120g fat. I'll see how this first week goes, then slowly cut back on carbs and fat as needed to keep progressing. Doing 3 days a week of cardio as well. 10 minutes of intervals on a bike for this week, and I'll increase that slightly each week as well if I need to.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

even though ankle and the toe gout was still very sensitive, i got back in the gym to push a little iron.

Fuck me, a week and a half and i felt like girly man. :disappoint:
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:49 pm I've decided to change my approach and try to shred a little bit. I'm just going to try to lose 10, maybe 15, pounds over the next month and a half or two months. Not happy with how my body is looking, so I'm gonna clean it up, and then take a more disciplined approach to building muscle again afterwards and put that weight back on, but hopefully as muscle instead of fat this time. Still going to be lifting as heavy and as frequently as possible in order to maintain muscle mass.

Starting the cut by dropping 100g of carbs/day out of my diet. That puts my macros at 425g carbs, 300g protein, 120g fat. I'll see how this first week goes, then slowly cut back on carbs and fat as needed to keep progressing. Doing 3 days a week of cardio as well. 10 minutes of intervals on a bike for this week, and I'll increase that slightly each week as well if I need to.
:jimp:

TO

:jimp: :jimp: :jimp:
The panda hath arrived.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:49 pm I've decided to change my approach and try to shred a little bit. I'm just going to try to lose 10, maybe 15, pounds over the next month and a half or two months. Not happy with how my body is looking, so I'm gonna clean it up, and then take a more disciplined approach to building muscle again afterwards and put that weight back on, but hopefully as muscle instead of fat this time. Still going to be lifting as heavy and as frequently as possible in order to maintain muscle mass.

In 4 photo shoots at rave clubs with Lou Maiuri.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:31 pm

In 4 photo shoots at rave clubs with Lou Maiuri.
HAHAHA I forgot about that guy. Good stuff.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I've been in the gym the past month semi regularly. I've also tried meal prepping more to eat better. I've managed to lose 6 lbs in a month. I've also noticed a reduction in soreness while still increasing weights each week. My cardio is also getting better. I've cut down my splits and increased the overall length of my runs or bikes. Sweaty pic for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAWCE

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:56 pm I've been in the gym the past month semi regularly. I've also tried meal prepping more to eat better. I've managed to lose 6 lbs in a month. I've also noticed a reduction in soreness while still increasing weights each week. My cardio is also getting better. I've cut down my splits and increased the overall length of my runs or bikes. Sweaty pic for fun.

Keep it up man.
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 pm

TO

:wub:
SAWCE

Michelle finally reached out today and said she wanted me to start helping her with diet and exercise :fuckyeah: She already has :datass: but I'm going to see how ridiculous I can get it.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

SAWCE wrote:Michelle finally reached out today and said she wanted me to start helping her with diet and exercise :fuckyeah: She already has :datass: but I'm going to see how ridiculous I can get it.
Fuck yeah.

My wife also went to the gym the first time in a while. She's motivated to get back into shape.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Jaxper wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 pm

TO

:dat: :impressive:

I'll probably keep eating 🌮🔔.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Today was dead lift day, 5X5 at 155. I feel like a bitch with these :baby: weights, but I'm determined to work back up very slowly to make sure I don't re-fuck my back.

I made a couple of videos I'll share with y'all for some feedback. :gaydance:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am Today was dead lift day, 5X5 at 155. I feel like a bitch with these :baby: weights, but I'm determined to work back up very slowly to make sure I don't re-fuck my back.

Let's see em
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am Today was dead lift day, 5X5 at 155. I feel like a bitch with these :baby: weights, but I'm determined to work back up very slowly to make sure I don't re-fuck my back.

Let's see em
Tried to upload on airport Wi-Fi.... I'll post them when I get home.
SAWCE

Deadlift felt weak as shit when I hit it on Sunday. Goal was 405 for 5+, got 1 rep. Gave my body a break on Monday, then went back at it Tuesday. Military and bench both felt heavy still. Squats finally felt decent last night. Hit my 5 reps with 320. Got a few extra reps on my front squats after back squats. Did 185 for 6 then 5. Legs are a good level of sore today. Hypertrophy back and shoulders tonight followed by a little bit of cardio.

Hit my macros almost perfectly yesterday. Was a little over on carbs and protein, and a little under on fat. Short on my overall calorie goal, but thats fine since I'm trying to lose weight and still reached my protein goal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Let's see em

This one is a little shitty, I'm new at this filming myself thing.

The main issue I see is that I'm looking up in the mirror, otherwise, looks pretty :notbad: , but what do you experts think?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Let's see em

This one is a little shitty, I'm new at this filming myself thing.

The main issue I see is that I'm looking up in the mirror, otherwise, looks pretty :notbad: , but what do you experts think?
Looks good to me. I struggle with maintaining a neutral spine and not looking up at the mirror too. I've been better about it since Apex called me out on it a while back, but my natural tendency is to look at myself.