OT Deep Space Waste 9

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:33 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:19 am got library cards this weekend. :fuckyeah: to reading ebooks. Got the kindle app installed on the nook's for the wife and I.

nice to have another option to find books for free99
lolol Kindle app on the Nook. :lol:
yep. and the e-paper versions are cheaper AND waterproof vs actual kindle. Plus we use ebookbike/tuebl with FBReader to get books as well. And teh torrentz.
I'm a lvl 2 haxxor

I'll likely use the library more doe since the writers 'get paid' for those books.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:19 am got library cards this weekend. :fuckyeah: to reading ebooks. Got the kindle app installed on the nook's for the wife and I.

nice to have another option to find books for free99
I should look into this... also, fucking hell, audible is ridiculous in price. I can fully understand piracy when it comes to audio books, which leads to higher prices which leads to more piracy.....
It was pretty easy to set up. I don't know if our library does digital audiobooks, but they sure as shit do the real ones.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:34 am Wow, it's nearly "cold" outside this morning. :fuckyeah:
:dat:

I'm down the road in Toledo and it's a beautiful day, twas in the 50s when I first stepped outside around 6:30.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:34 am Wow, it's nearly "cold" outside this morning. :fuckyeah:

I'm down the road in Toledo and it's a beautiful day, twas in the 50s when I first stepped outside around 6:30.
Yea, I love this weather. I wish it would stay like this all summer. I know it won't, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Work is fun today so far. :lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 am Work is fun today so far. :lolol:
Bust any kids for putting extra items in their mom's purse?
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Road trip with my dad and my brother starts today!! My first time to Canada!
razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:53 am
Bust any kids for putting extra items in their mom's purse?
Not yet!

But it's generally a funny vibe now.

And I applied to a few more positions I might be qualified for, plus a personal referral for a tech company. Message me and I'll tell you about that. I want to see if they're known in the Silicon Valley.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

haleyann wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 am Road trip with my dad and my brother starts today!! My first time to Canada!
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Got some local city job apps in, some with FIU, and and some federal jobs too. Hopefully something comes of it. I've had a pretty good "friends" therapy session where I learned to slow down, and enjoy what I have while pursuing what I want. If I'm not happy here I won't be happy anywhere.

So I'm looking on the positive side of everything.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:09 am Got some local city job apps in, some with FIU, and and some federal jobs too. Hopefully something comes of it. I've had a pretty good "friends" therapy session where I learned to slow down, and enjoy what I have while pursuing what I want. If I'm not happy here I won't be happy anywhere.

you went to college, get paid hardly over min wage, and live at home.

you are not adulting yet. :eeyore:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:11 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:09 am Got some local city job apps in, some with FIU, and and some federal jobs too. Hopefully something comes of it. I've had a pretty good "friends" therapy session where I learned to slow down, and enjoy what I have while pursuing what I want. If I'm not happy here I won't be happy anywhere.

Basically. But it's a progression. Slowly and surely, gotta start somewhere and just enjoy the experience while I'm here.

I won't get anywhere if I stop working and wait for the "perfect job" or "opportunity" to come. I'd rather work, save up some money, and then apply to places in the meantime. Learning to apply beyond the blinders of strictly :narc: will help me in getting a relevant and decent job (for example, community service officer or police service aide)

Or working within a police department administratively. Who knows? But if I broaden my horizons I will lead myself to getting more opportunities to get where I want.

For so long I've been:

Me -> Goal

When in reality it's not a direct line. Lots of experiences will lead to the end result
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

eMail server down at the office.

Chaos is ensuing.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Work... :rolleyes:
razr390

Melon wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:34 am eMail server down at the office.

Chaos is ensuing.
Now that whole carrier pigeon initiative isn't looking so dumb after all, huh :melon: ?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:15 am

Basically. But it's a progression. Slowly and surely, gotta start somewhere and just enjoy the experience while I'm here.

I won't get anywhere if I stop working and wait for the "perfect job" or "opportunity" to come. I'd rather work, save up some money, and then apply to places in the meantime. Learning to apply beyond the blinders of strictly :narc: will help me in getting a relevant and decent job (for example, community service officer or police service aide)

Or working within a police department administratively. Who knows? But if I broaden my horizons I will lead myself to getting more opportunities to get where I want.

For so long I've been:

Me -> Goal

When in reality it's not a direct line. Lots of experiences will lead to the end result
:notbad: :bravo:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

For so long I've been:

Me -> Goal

You're on the right track. Stay positive, keep your options open, cast a wide net. You never know what cool opportunities will come your way. More of them will come with a good attitude though 👍🏿.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 am

For so long I've been:

Me -> Goal

You're on the right track. Stay positive, keep your options open, cast a wide net. You never know what cool opportunities will come your way. More of them will come with a good attitude though 👍🏿.
Of course. People never like an :eeyore: who just :pussy: and :baby: their whole life
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:40 am

For so long I've been:

Me -> Goal

:notbad: :bravo:
:carlton:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:45 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 am

Of course. People never like an :eeyore: who just :pussy: and :baby: their whole life

I need to work on this, I've been a bit negative lately.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

I saw Aladdin on Broadway on Saturday with my girlfriend.
:crang:
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:54 am I saw Aladdin on Broadway on Saturday with my girlfriend.
Why is my bold? Is there a debate over whose girlfriend she is? Also cool story bro?
razr390

haleyann wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:54 am I saw Aladdin on Broadway on Saturday with my girlfriend.
Why is my bold? Is there a debate over whose girlfriend she is? Also cool story bro?
:nuke:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:doge: had diarrhea again yesterday. Projectile shit on the walls again. :rolleyes: I wonder what train wreck I'll come home to today.

Plus GF is sick and irritable. And we had to schedule our couple therapy appointment on Tuesday which means I don't get to ride my bike with my friends despite getting over this cold. It's going to be a long week.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:44 pm :doge: had diarrhea again yesterday. Projectile shit on the walls again. :rolleyes: I wonder what train wreck I'll come home to today.

Plus GF is sick and irritable. And we had to schedule our couple therapy appointment on Tuesday which means I don't get to ride my bike with my friends despite getting over this cold. It's going to be a long week.
:| that's a tough weekend, breh. Hopefully today goes better.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.