OT Deep Space Waste 9

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Somehow this makes sense, and I appreciate it.

Lot's of these "speakers" market 20-25 as the "golden years" of experimenting with shit to find your "dream" but in reality all that does is stagnate your progress to shine in one specific aspect/field. Directing all resources into something moderately interesting/fulfilling will definitely end up a bigger return on investment.

If I become a :narc: at 22, I will retire at 45 :mindblown: with a pension + bennies. Plus I can get a job as a :narc: in a :waxer: area that doesn't even need cops but they pay 60k/year for them because keeping :mahtroy: out
I"m probably 5-10 years behind where I could have been if I had entered my company as soon as I graduated undergrad. But that wasn't an option.

So what?

Life is long, make the most of what you can when you can and you'll be fine. It's not a fucking competition or a race...you win if you're happy.
Same here, but w/e
I was putting powder up my nose, and pills in my mouf. :aintcare:
I'm still ahead of a lot of people my age, behind others.

I'm always doing better, improving my position with the company, always improving the quality of my work, making more money etc.
For a mere :melon: I do well for myself.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:11 pm
razr390 wrote:
I don't even know my ultimate goal anymore :mindblown:
Pick one. Literally anything. Be aspirational. Then make a plan. Then execute without compromise.

Much easier to change at the top than the bottom.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

Do not change career paths until you're over 40 under any circumstance, it's fucking full retard.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Somehow this makes sense, and I appreciate it.

Lot's of these "speakers" market 20-25 as the "golden years" of experimenting with shit to find your "dream" but in reality all that does is stagnate your progress to shine in one specific aspect/field. Directing all resources into something moderately interesting/fulfilling will definitely end up a bigger return on investment.

If I become a :narc: at 22, I will retire at 45 :mindblown: with a pension + bennies. Plus I can get a job as a :narc: in a :waxer: area that doesn't even need cops but they pay 60k/year for them because keeping :mahtroy: out
I"m probably 5-10 years behind where I could have been if I had entered my company as soon as I graduated undergrad. But that wasn't an option.

So what?

Life is long, make the most of what you can when you can and you'll be fine. It's not a fucking competition or a race...you win if you're happy.
And you're only like 40 years behind the guys that started Cruise Automation and got bought by GM to become the youngest Sr. Director ever in the company....
Most of us are not like Kyle Vogt, who at the age of 31 has already built two startups that sold for $1 billion. He and Daniel Kan, his cofounder and COO at Cruise Automation, have recently become the youngest senior directors at General Motors, a role most auto-industry lifers would have to toil for three decades to get a shot at. Vogt and Kan got there in just three years because Vogt built self-driving car software so compelling that GM had to have it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 pm

:hai: :crang:

Great. It was a beeootiful day here yesterday. Mostly sunny, upper 70's, low humidity. Inlaws do a yuuge father's day picnic every year, been doing it since 1967, and I ate gobs and gobs of grilled meats. Still full this morning.

Do you get sad on Father's Day?
Sounds fun! I get a little sad, I spend it with my mom and sister. My mom took us to the zoo, and then took us to Applebees because she had a gift card.
Nice that you spent yesterday with family.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Just made some burritos with the left-over Indian food from last night. Was :disappoint: when none of the containers had the rice that we didn't eat. WE PAID FOR THAT :crang:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm Just made some burritos with the left-over Indian food from last night. Was :disappoint: when none of the containers had the rice that we didn't eat. WE PAID FOR THAT :crang:
Time to go back and ask for a refund, or file a claim with your credit card company, :crang: style.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Yeah I think I left the second session crying too :lolol:

Insurance doesn't pay for this on my end. And she has Obamacare and uses all her Obamabux on physical therapy.
Be careful, it sounds like she's dangerously close to being sent to the death panel. :thanksobama:
:dat: :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm

So what?

And you're only like 40 years behind the guys that started Cruise Automation and got bought by GM to become the youngest Sr. Director ever in the company....
Most of us are not like Kyle Vogt, who at the age of 31 has already built two startups that sold for $1 billion. He and Daniel Kan, his cofounder and COO at Cruise Automation, have recently become the youngest senior directors at General Motors, a role most auto-industry lifers would have to toil for three decades to get a shot at. Vogt and Kan got there in just three years because Vogt built self-driving car software so compelling that GM had to have it.
Yep. :aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm Just made some burritos with the left-over Indian food from last night. Was :disappoint: when none of the containers had the rice that we didn't eat. WE PAID FOR THAT :crang:
Time to go back and ask for a refund, or file a claim with your credit card company, :crang: style.
Do I get bonus :crang: points if I can go get a refund even though I not the one who paid? Michelle's dad is a :waxer: CEO and insists on paying for everything.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Yeah... some guys...

Two $1B startup sales before you're in your mid-30's ??? :wtf: :rolleyes: :whocares: :rage:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Do I get bonus :crang: points if I can go get a refund even though I not the one who paid? Michelle's dad is a :waxer: CEO and insists on paying for everything.
I'm sure :crang: has done it.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:37 pm
Yeah... some guys...

Two $1B startup sales before you're in your mid-30's ??? :wtf: :rolleyes: :whocares: :rage:
Good for them. Jealous? I guess a bit...but it's just not in the cards for me and I'm fine with that. I'll do plenty fine in my career.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm sure :crang: has done it.
:word:
SAWCE

Boss is back after a week and a half off. Seems like he definitely needed it. He's way more relaxed than I've seen him in the past month and a half. One of my coworkers sent out a fucked up quote that will probably cost us winning that order, and bossman didn't even seem too mad. Explained where the dude went wrong, showed him what to look for and what his expectations for us are, and then just said to chalk it up as a learning experience :notbad: I've got two quotes I'm going to try to get all done today. Should be a relatively mellow day.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Yeah... some guys...

What I don't understand is why they bother to keep working. Go enjoy that money so you don't die of a heart attack at 49. What can you do with $10B that you can't do with $2B?
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Yeah... some guys...

What I don't understand is why they bother to keep working. Go enjoy that money so you don't die of a heart attack at 49. What can you do with $10B that you can't do with $2B?
People like these two are probably more likely to die of a heartattack if they quit working. I'm sure they take some much enjoyed and deserved time off here and there, but in the back of their mind they're probably wishing they were working on a new project the whole time.
SAWCE

Trey.

AMIRITE?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Yeah... some guys...

Kinda like the people winning the Lottery twice... I have to wonder why they ever played again after winning the first time. I don't think I would have ever spent another $1 on lottery if I hit a big jackpot.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

how do i tell gf that going to her soul cycle/spin classes that she pays a shitload for don't do anything unless you follow some sort of dietary restrictions...........
:crang:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:17 pm how do i tell gf that going to her soul cycle/spin classes that she pays a shitload for don't do anything unless you follow some sort of dietary restrictions...........
You tell her just that...?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Although working out + eating shit is better than not working out + eating shit
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:17 pm how do i tell gf that going to her soul cycle/spin classes that she pays a shitload for don't do anything unless you follow some sort of dietary restrictions...........
Or don't? Maybe she just likes doing it and :aintcare:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:20 pm Although working out + eating shit is better than not working out + eating shit
:dat:
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:20 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Or don't? Maybe she just likes doing it and :aintcare:
:crang:
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:20 pm Although working out + eating shit is better than not working out + eating shit
:dat: