OT Deep Space Waste 9

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

If life isn't perfect, it sucks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Won't fix it but it has made a difference. We're up to like once a week or week and a half now which is a huge improvement.

She does individual therapy. I probably should too. Might be cheaper than couples sessions which are :waxer:
Yea man, think about it. Therapy is fucking awesome, you'd be amazed how much it could help...with the right dr.
I like our couples therapist, she's awesome. IDK if I'd open up on my own. I'd be down if there's a discount though. $150 a session is :waxer: AF.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: I think what [user not found] is saying is... If he was truly unhappy with his job and it was cutting too much into family time he would get up and change it. Bitching about one aspect of a job doesn't mean you hate your life and your job and want to jump off a bridge.
Correct. I am not in pursuit of perfection in job because it's not a thing. I look for balance.
Doesn't everyone? I don't like my job and should probably change it. But it lets me afford the lifestyle I want, so I put up with it.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Won't fix it but it has made a difference. We're up to like once a week or week and a half now which is a huge improvement.

She does individual therapy. I probably should too. Might be cheaper than couples sessions which are :waxer:
Do it on your own, then do like one or two couples sessions to help on your communication which is always a huge issue.
Our communication is a lot better now than it was a year ago.
Johnny_P

God dammit its fucking hot in this house. The weather in Philly sucks right now. It needs to rain.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:50 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm
Do it on your own, then do like one or two couples sessions to help on your communication which is always a huge issue.
Our communication is a lot better now than it was a year ago.
:fuckyeah: that's great!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:50 pm
Detroit wrote:If life isn't perfect, it sucks.
Feelings are facts? Or aren't they?
Yes. And no. But also yes.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:50 pm
Detroit wrote:If life isn't perfect, it sucks.
Feelings are facts? Or aren't they?
Perfection is the only answer :bruh:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm
troyguitar wrote:
:rolleyes:

So is it nice to be rich and get free shit in exchange for working or would you rather stay home with your family and have less stuff? You seem conflicted when you brag about your free shit and then say that you'd rather be home... it's in your control to stay home. Go ahead and do it if that's how you feel.
Traveling is the one part of my job I would change. As one part is outweighed by all the other parts, why would I change it?

You don't seem to understand that life isn't perfect, I don't expect it to be perfect, and I can comment that a single part of it isn't ideal without "bitching."

Would I rather be home than on the road? Sure. If it was a big enough burden would I find another job? Yup! Does my salary and the airline and hotel points make up for it? It does well enough.

I don't understand what you don't understand.
The impression I get from you is that you hate the travel and feel like you have no choice but to carry on for some reason. If it's actually worth the extra money - and it should be since you get a fucking SHIT LOAD of it that will compound forever - and it doesn't actually suck then good for you.

Every time it's mentioned in any capacity you lament that you'd rather be at home... I take that as you thinking that your life would be better if you had more home time and less money, so I point out that you have that option. If you're bitching just to bitch so that you seem more like an average person because you're nearly a pro politician, I guess keep doing it. I hate that stuff but it seems to be effective for right wingers.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Doesn't everyone? I don't like my job and should probably change it. But it lets me afford the lifestyle I want, so I put up with it.
I think lots of :millennial: do think perfection is a thing.
Absolutely, because they were raised to believe they can do anything and shouldn't settle.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

wap wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:04 am morning everyone. how was everyone's dad day? whether you're a dad, have a dad, or no longer have a dad?
:hai: :crang:

Great. It was a beeootiful day here yesterday. Mostly sunny, upper 70's, low humidity. Inlaws do a yuuge father's day picnic every year, been doing it since 1967, and I ate gobs and gobs of grilled meats. Still full this morning.

Do you get sad on Father's Day?
Sounds fun! I get a little sad, I spend it with my mom and sister. My mom took us to the zoo, and then took us to Applebees because she had a gift card.
:crang:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
I think lots of :millennial: do think perfection is a thing.
:rolleyes:

They do. So they turn shit down because its not perfect. I tolerated a mediocre job for 3 years because it was a good paying position and I did the job well. It resulted in me jumping up to manager level and making bank. I can't really complain despite not liking what I do because I can YOLO the fuck outta my life.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

:fuckyeah: Monday..

Johnny_P

nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 pm

:hai: :crang:

Great. It was a beeootiful day here yesterday. Mostly sunny, upper 70's, low humidity. Inlaws do a yuuge father's day picnic every year, been doing it since 1967, and I ate gobs and gobs of grilled meats. Still full this morning.

Do you get sad on Father's Day?
Sounds fun! I get a little sad, I spend it with my mom and sister. My mom took us to the zoo, and then took us to Applebees because she had a gift card.
I haven't been to Applebees in years. I used to love their tendies.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 pm Yea man, think about it. Therapy is fucking awesome, you'd be amazed how much it could help...with the right dr.
I like our couples therapist, she's awesome. IDK if I'd open up on my own. I'd be down if there's a discount though. $150 a session is :waxer: AF.
Woa! Does insurance not cover anything? When I went, I just had to pay a $20 co-pay, which was BEYOND worth it.

You might get a discount from that alone.

And you'd be surprised how much you open up. When I first went, I was completely :notsure: on it all and left my first session like :yeahok: . Then the second session I left crying (for the first time in probably 15 years at that point) because so much shit got dug up. And once it was dug up, we went deeper and fixed them. So much 5/7.
nuggstein

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm

They kinda had a ridiculous deal...I got half of a rack of ribs, a piece of grilled chicken, two sides...garlic green beans and unlimited french fries, all for $12.99. :mindblown:

Typically the half of a rack of ribs is like $12.99 with one side. :mindblown:

The food kinda sucks, though. Most of it is just reheated. I really do like the wonton chicken tacos appetizer, though. The flavor is amazing.
Last edited by nuggstein on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, but the food is :gag:
nuggstein

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm Yea, but the food is :gag:
I edited my post before I saw this, haha.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Woa! Does insurance not cover anything? When I went, I just had to pay a $20 co-pay, which was BEYOND worth it.

And you'd be surprised how much you open up. When I first went, I was completely :notsure: on it all and left my first session like :yeahok: . Then the second session I left crying (for the first time in probably 15 years at that point) because so much shit got dug up. And once it was dug up, we went deeper and fixed them. So much 5/7.
Yeah I think I left the second session crying too :lolol:

Insurance doesn't pay for this on my end. And she has Obamacare and uses all her Obamabux on physical therapy.
ChrisoftheNorth

nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm Yea, but the food is :gag:
I edited my post before I saw this, haha.
:lolgasm: Your edit is spot-on.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Insurance doesn't pay for this on my end. And she has Obamacare and uses all her Obamabux on physical therapy.
Are you sure your insurance doesn't cover ANY mental health? Most do...you just have to dig in to find what's covered.
Johnny_P

nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm

They kinda had a ridiculous deal...I got half of a rack of ribs, a piece of grilled chicken, two sides...garlic green beans and unlimited french fries, all for $12.99. :mindblown:

The food kinda sucks, though. Most of it is just reheated. I really do like the wonton chicken tacos appetizer, though. The flavor is amazing.
If it tastes good then :whocares: really.
That said I haven't been to one in years because there aren't really any in the city. A place like that wouldn't make it here.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Be careful, it sounds like she's dangerously close to being sent to the death panel. :thanksobama:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm

If it tastes good then :whocares: really.
That said I haven't been to one in years because there aren't really any in the city. A place like that wouldn't make it here.
Because it doesn't taste good? Mediocre at best.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Are you sure your insurance doesn't cover ANY mental health? Most do...you just have to dig in to find what's covered.
Probably worth a call. I don't think they do though. If they do, I'll likely need a referral.