Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:22 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:15 pm

All of :dat: but especially the bolded.

I think the one social movement that I'm not completely sold on is genderless (unisex?) bathrooms.. pretty much every restroom has individual stalls with toilets in them for privacy, or if they're a single person bathroom that's a non-issue anyways.
My beef with bathrooms is MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS. My trans friend just goes in and uses a stall, ZFG. If he tried to go in the ladies room (like some want him to), it would be pandamonium because he looks exactly like a dude. Nobody in the men's room gives him a second look, and that's how it's supposed to be. No trans person wants to stand out, the point is they want to be accepted as the gender they identify with. Period. The fact that people freak out about trans people using the bathroom they identify with is absolute :rage: :rolleyes: :whocares:

Unisex bathroom or not, just grow the fuck up and accept people for how they are.
Yep. Someone who went through the process of becoming a man, or becoming a woman, should be able to use that restroom.

My statement was more geared towards people who say they don't identify with either gender, and want everybody else to cater to that. Whether you like it or not, you have genetalia, use the bathroom that was designed to be used by people with whatever equipment you've got. You don't get some personal bathroom because of how you feel.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Pretty sure I just heard someone turn on their Xbox One over this GoToMeeting while we're waiting for something to finish. I heard the the sound the power button makes when you touch it, lol.
:crang:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm
Do Work, Son wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Any woman who advocates women using the same shitter as men needs to have her head examined. Do women know how bad we can smell?
Speaking of which...how about toilet seat positions?

I prefer the toilet seat completely down and COVERED. Most people I know don't close the toilet completely. Usually leave it where you can sit, or completely open so you can stand and pee. I grew up with cats who loved water, so we always have to close the seats anyways. I think it's cleaner. My girlfriend never closes the seat completely, probably out of habit, as no one closes the seat completely at my mom's house either, if her friends visit or something.
I close the lid so that the woman have to work too. If I have to take the effort of putting the seat up and down, at least they have to lift the lid. It's my own little way of :trollface:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
nuggstein

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 pm Since we don't breed, the vast majority of our friends are gay guys. We have a trans dude (was girl) thrown in for good measure, and it's amazing how much the opinions change.

Trans dude wants no celebration. He doesn't want people knowing he's trans...he just wants to be a dude that likes beer, sports, working out, normal dude stuff. And I totally get that.

On the other hand, I have some friends who spent their childhood hating themselves...or in the case of my dad 62 years pretending to be someone he's not. One friend tried to commit suicide at 13. FUCKING 13! Now that they're out and it's accepted, they really fucking own it, because they can finally be comfortable with who they are. And I'm right there with them. They're awesome guys, and they have every right that I do to be happy and embrace who they are.

What's sad is that there's still a lot of places that don't accept my friends. We've been to bars where people give them weird looks of make "fag" comments, etc. We just leave and never come back. But as a company, that's even harder. Imagine hiring it at a company and you have no idea how you're going to be treated. As a LGBT person, that flier might provide a sigh of relief...which I'm sure is very welcome.
I think you are awesome for having all different friends.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:22 pm
My beef with bathrooms is MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS. My trans friend just goes in and uses a stall, ZFG. If he tried to go in the ladies room (like some want him to), it would be pandamonium because he looks exactly like a dude. Nobody in the men's room gives him a second look, and that's how it's supposed to be. No trans person wants to stand out, the point is they want to be accepted as the gender they identify with. Period. The fact that people freak out about trans people using the bathroom they identify with is absolute :rage: :rolleyes: :whocares:

Unisex bathroom or not, just grow the fuck up and accept people for how they are.
Yep. Someone who went through the process of becoming a man, or becoming a woman, should be able to use that restroom.

My statement was more geared towards people who say they don't identify with either gender, and want everybody else to cater to that. Whether you like it or not, you have genetalia, use the bathroom that was designed to be used by people with whatever equipment you've got. You don't get some personal bathroom because of how you feel.
:wat:

There's people that don't identify as either gender? That's new to me.

There's people that flip flop. Like a dude who's a dude but dresses as a chick sometimes. That's got to be confusing, but then again, just go in the fucking men's room. :whocares:

Hell, when we're at events with long lines for Women's room, Infamous will just go into the Men's room and nobody gives a fuck.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Do Work, Son wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 pm You went to MIT? The MIT?

:derp:
nuggstein

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:51 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Speaking of which...how about toilet seat positions?

I prefer the toilet seat completely down and COVERED. Most people I know don't close the toilet completely. Usually leave it where you can sit, or completely open so you can stand and pee. I grew up with cats who loved water, so we always have to close the seats anyways. I think it's cleaner. My girlfriend never closes the seat completely, probably out of habit, as no one closes the seat completely at my mom's house either, if her friends visit or something.
I close the lid so that the woman have to work too. If I have to take the effort of putting the seat up and down, at least they have to lift the lid. It's my own little way of :trollface:
You ever see that South Park episode making fun of the TSA (Toilet Safety Administration)? But it was really because some kid's mom died in the toilet because he didn't put the seat down, so she fell in. One of my favorite episodes ever made. They make people put on seat belts when using the toilet, hahaha.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:49 pm

There's people that flip flop. Like a dude who's a dude but dresses as a chick sometimes. That's got to be confusing, but then again, just go in the fucking men's room. :whocares:

Hell, when we're at events with long lines for Women's room, Infamous will just go into the Men's room and nobody gives a fuck.
Yep it's very :mindblown: to me. I don't get it. I'm still of the opinion that at that point they're just looking for attention, but :iono:

I see women use the men's restroom all the time at bars when there is a line for the women's and not for the men's. If it's a bathroom that doesn't lock and I'm going out as they're going in, I usually offer to stand guard outside the door while they do their thing.
ChrisoftheNorth

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 pm Since we don't breed, the vast majority of our friends are gay guys. We have a trans dude (was girl) thrown in for good measure, and it's amazing how much the opinions change.

Trans dude wants no celebration. He doesn't want people knowing he's trans...he just wants to be a dude that likes beer, sports, working out, normal dude stuff. And I totally get that.

On the other hand, I have some friends who spent their childhood hating themselves...or in the case of my dad 62 years pretending to be someone he's not. One friend tried to commit suicide at 13. FUCKING 13! Now that they're out and it's accepted, they really fucking own it, because they can finally be comfortable with who they are. And I'm right there with them. They're awesome guys, and they have every right that I do to be happy and embrace who they are.

What's sad is that there's still a lot of places that don't accept my friends. We've been to bars where people give them weird looks of make "fag" comments, etc. We just leave and never come back. But as a company, that's even harder. Imagine hiring it at a company and you have no idea how you're going to be treated. As a LGBT person, that flier might provide a sigh of relief...which I'm sure is very welcome.
As I mentioned, it happened out of necessity. We left all our friends in California when we moved to Michigan and had to start over. All of the straight people we met had kids, and we had no interest in that. My dad came out and got really involved in the gay community, so we ended up making a lot of friends that way. It's fucking awesome. My gay friends are a riot. I'm also one of 3 straight dudes in a 60 member male chorus.
:triggered:

The best is going with my gay friends to a straight bars. Chicks let them do anything. Motorboating cleavage, ass grabing, etc. I'm jealous. Infamous said chicks have impeccable gaydar and I can't pull that off without getting slapped.

I told her that's offensive to straight guys. She went :triggered: :lolol:

Bottom line, there's a lot of really awesome people in this world of all different backgrounds and sexual preferences. It's really awesome to meet and get to know everyone.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Yep it's very :mindblown: to me. I don't get it. I'm still of the opinion that at that point they're just looking for attention, but :iono:

I see women use the men's restroom all the time at bars when there is a line for the women's and not for the men's. If it's a bathroom that doesn't lock and I'm going out as they're going in, I usually offer to stand guard outside the door while they do their thing.
They must be just looking for attention, that makes no sense. I know a number of trans people, and they say they knew definitively they were born the wrong gender from an early age.

Having no gender at all is :yeahok:
nuggstein

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm
As I mentioned, it happened out of necessity. We left all our friends in California when we moved to Michigan and had to start over. All of the straight people we met had kids, and we had no interest in that. My dad came out and got really involved in the gay community, so we ended up making a lot of friends that way. It's fucking awesome. My gay friends are a riot. I'm also one of 3 straight dudes in a 60 member male chorus.

The best is going with my gay friends to a straight bars. Chicks let them do anything. Motorboating cleavage, ass grabing, etc. I'm jealous. Infamous said chicks have impeccable gaydar and I can't pull that off without getting slapped.

Bottom line, there's a lot of really awesome people in this world of all different backgrounds and sexual preferences. It's really awesome to meet and get to know everyone.
Personality is what matters to me. Race, gender, color, religion, sexual preferences. I really don't give a fuck.
nuggstein

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm

They must be just looking for attention, that makes no sense. I know a number of trans people, and they say they knew definitively they were born the wrong gender from an early age.

Having no gender at all is :yeahok:
I think I am really Batman.
troyguitar

We're going to have to start finding gay friends at some point or just be :foreveralone:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:06 pm

We're going to have to start finding gay friends at some point or just be :foreveralone:
:doit: They're the best.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apparently there's an app for women to meet gay guys to be friends with, because that's a thing now.
nuggstein

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:06 pm
wap wrote:I currently have 58,496 emails in my general inbox, and many thousand more in about 18 other folders. All have been read. I should cull the old ones but :aintcare:
Our retention policy forces discipline. Unless you don't specifically protect it, in 90 days its GONE. only 2 gigs of protected space.
Wow, that's crazy. 90 days, unbelievable.

Microsoft's best practice is to not exceed more than 10,000 items in your Inbox. Issues can start occurring.

We have this one person who works in our office, she always complains about problems she has, Outlook freezing, her virtual machine freezing (most people at my company use Citrix/virtual environments). We tell her to delete emails. She says she can't and that she needs them, then escalates it to our boss, who tells her she needs to delete emails. She says no, then escalates it to the CEO (her boss), who then asks my boss what can be done, and he says to delete emails, and it just doesn't happen. This occurs a few times per year. She has never once deleted anything in her Inbox, and it contains over 60,000 EMAILS.

Countdown until the next complaint...
Last edited by nuggstein on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:06 pm

:doit: They're the best.
For now I just do stuff with the ~21-25 year old autox people, but eventually I'll be old enough for it to be weird. Maybe by then I'll be able to afford to go to places that gay people enjoy. :waxer:
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:09 pm Apparently there's an app for women to meet gay guys to be friends with, because that's a thing now.
Ill be a gay best friend. Help them pick out all the lingerie they want.
Barnes93cb

wap wrote:I currently have 58,496 emails in my general inbox, and many thousand more in about 18 other folders. All have been read. I should cull the old ones but :aintcare:
Our retention policy forces discipline. Unless you don't specifically protect it, in 90 days its GONE. only 2 gigs of protected space.
We have 520MB. I would kill for 2GB
Barnes93cb

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Microsoft's best practice is to not exceed more than 10,000 items in your Inbox. Issues can start occurring.

We have this one person who works in our office, she always complains about problems she has, Outlook freezing, her virtual machine freezing (most people at my company use Citrix/virtual environments). We tell her to delete emails. She says she can't and that she needs them, then escalates it to our boss, who tells her she needs to delete emails. She says no, then escalates it to the CEO (her boss), who then asks my boss what can be done, and he says to delete emails, and it just doesn't happen. This occurs a few times per year. She has never once deleted anything in her Inbox, and it contains over 60,000 EMAILS.

Sounds like her account is corrupt and needs a reset.......
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:11 pm

We have mandatory retention periods for emails, unless you do something to keep it, similar to [user not found]. Stuff in your email inbox older than 3 years? Gone.
Do Work, Son
Drives: CX-5

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm
Do Work, Son wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Any woman who advocates women using the same shitter as men needs to have her head examined. Do women know how bad we can smell?
:bruh: have you ever seen the inside of a public women's restroom? :nope: :disgust: :gag:
Every day and the men's room is far worse.
#AllPostsMatter
Apex

Do Work, Son wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:23 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm

:bruh: have you ever seen the inside of a public women's restroom? :nope: :disgust: :gag:
Every day and the men's room is far worse.
:gag:
Apex

I have had such flatulence today. :impressive:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:09 pm Apparently there's an app for women to meet gay guys to be friends with, because that's a thing now.
so hows it working for you :gay:
brain go brrrrrr