Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:31 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:30 am

So you need a new computer.
more or less :(
I do think in the long run a PC is the way to go for gaming. But I personally cannot justify the total cost to build one. Especially when I still have friends who play console and I have all my console games already.

If you are inclined towards getting into it and you dont have the investment for console I suggest you suck it up and wait for sales to build the PC up.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 am apparently there is no good, cost effective force feedback wheel for the xbone 1. And of course the 360 shit won't work with it. Cheapest wheel that is worth a shit is like 400 bucks.

So.... if i keep enjoying the setup I have it might be time to go IRacing.

Which means it's time to start looking at a new mobo for my old computer. and probably a PSU. And maybe a processor, though I think mine is fine and was stable overclocked @ like 3.8 ghz.
And a graphics card. (paging @corvettewaxer) Oh and probably lots of ram.
Go directly to PC, do not pass Go, do not blow $600+ on an xbox+wheel setup.

Post your pc specs, it doesn't take a :waxer: machine to run stuff at OK settings.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 2:41 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 am apparently there is no good, cost effective force feedback wheel for the xbone 1. And of course the 360 shit won't work with it. Cheapest wheel that is worth a shit is like 400 bucks.

So.... if i keep enjoying the setup I have it might be time to go IRacing.

Which means it's time to start looking at a new mobo for my old computer. and probably a PSU. And maybe a processor, though I think mine is fine and was stable overclocked @ like 3.8 ghz.
And a graphics card. (paging @corvettewaxer) Oh and probably lots of ram.
Go directly to PC, do not pass Go, do not blow $600+ on an xbox+wheel setup.

Post your pc specs, it doesn't take a :waxer: machine to run stuff at OK settings.
yea, i'd just need a pc one way or another since the 'main' pc is also a media server. fixing my old one would be the cheapest success path.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I bought the Hot Wheels expansion for Horizon a few days ago. Seriously 5/7. I love it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:45 am I bought the Hot Wheels expansion for Horizon a few days ago. Seriously 5/7. I love it.
i could not even see DLC when i looked yesterday.

Also had some :rage: at the twitchiness of my elise on a rough course.
the s2k i switched too was not that much better.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:45 am I bought the Hot Wheels expansion for Horizon a few days ago. Seriously 5/7. I love it.

:wat:

As soon as I launched Horizon, it played a trailer and asked me if I wanted to buy it. Fortunately, I wanted to...but I had no option to not watch it.

Horizon is more arcade than sim. The vehicle handling characteristics are not great, but that makes the game more fun once you accept that.

I don't drive any sports cars either because there's little point with the varying terrain. I also don't really drive on roads...I just take a direct route to any destination. Makes for some serious :lolol:

I have an Ariel Nomad with a TT V8 and an Escalade with a V12 that covers 95% of my action. I've been driving this RWD Hot Wheels buggy thing that I got with the expansion that's 5/7 too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Barnes93cb

Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 am

:wat:

As soon as I launched Horizon, it played a trailer and asked me if I wanted to buy it. Fortunately, I wanted to...but I had no option to not watch it.

Horizon is more arcade than sim. The vehicle handling characteristics are not great, but that makes the game more fun once you accept that.

I don't drive any sports cars either because there's little point with the varying terrain. I also don't really drive on roads...I just take a direct route to any destination. Makes for some serious :lolol:

I have an Ariel Nomad with a TT V8 and an Escalade with a V12 that covers 95% of my action. I've been driving this RWD Hot Wheels buggy thing that I got with the expansion that's 5/7 too.
I typically drive the local motors car. I love that thing. Or I go to the cities and race the audi r8. The rally subaru is also pretty legit in its basic form. Well balanced and decent performer.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh shoot, I forgot about the Rally Fighter. I don't drive that thing enough...but I find the Nomad more fun.
Barnes93cb

Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:24 pm Oh shoot, I forgot about the Rally Fighter. I don't drive that thing enough...but I find the Nomad more fun.
I will need to give the nomad another shot. It might just need more modification. I think its currently stock.
ChrisoftheNorth

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:24 pm Oh shoot, I forgot about the Rally Fighter. I don't drive that thing enough...but I find the Nomad more fun.
I will need to give the nomad another shot. It might just need more modification. I think its currently stock.
It's not great stock. Slap the TT V8 powertrain upgrade in the bish and it's :lolol:
troyguitar

FYI GTX 1060 price has come down a bit. More than enough power to outperform any console:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KU ... UTF8&psc=1

I'm getting one as part of a long-awaited upgrade to my 2008-built PC.

Hell even a $100 GTX 1050 would probably match or exceed current console performance (XB1 is 720p isn't it?), but I would like a shot at eventually running 144 FPS @ 1080p for racing if I ever get a 144 Hz monitor.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i can see this getting out of control quickly....
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:47 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm

It's not great stock. Slap the TT V8 powertrain upgrade in the bish and it's :lolol:
Will need to try this.

Any other hoon level cars/ upgrades I need to know about?
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:i can see this getting out of control quickly....
Eh. If you're fine with a 360 then there's no reason to get out of control. Ebay/Craigslist a prebuilt i5-2400 or so system for $1xx, add a gtx 1050 or 1050 Ti, done. 1080p on high settings with good framerates for under $300.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:i can see this getting out of control quickly....
Eh. If you're fine with a 360 then there's no reason to get out of control. Ebay/Craigslist a prebuilt i5-2400 or so system for $1xx, add a gtx 1050 or 1050 Ti, done. 1080p on high settings with good framerates for under $300.
I need the COTA track in my life doe
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Since getting Dirt Rally working I have not played any other driving game. :iono:
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:25 am Since getting Dirt Rally working I have not played any other driving game. :iono:
How are the driving dynamics vs forza? Have you played FH3? I like the track driving quite a lot in the forza games. I think its pretty realistic vs every other game ive played. But the offroad is not realistic at all and I would like something a bit better.
troyguitar

Part of it might be the fact that I have never driven a rally car, but it feels pretty awesome to me. The fast cars are nearly uncontrollable without a lot of practice and I'm still ridiculously slow compared to other online players. The best I've done in a daily stage is still like 10+ seconds off the leader.
ChrisoftheNorth

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Will need to try this.

:iono: I don't play it enough.

I buy almost all my cars used in auctions. My most recent :lolol: purchase was an Escalade with the V12 drivetrain upgrade for like $15k crebitz. That thing is a BEAST and is my favorite for the series that require big cars. Better than the Raptor, even.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:45 am Part of it might be the fact that I have never driven a rally car, but it feels pretty awesome to me. The fast cars are nearly uncontrollable without a lot of practice and I'm still ridiculously slow compared to other online players. The best I've done in a daily stage is still like 10+ seconds off the leader.
Those leaders are insane. They dedicate so much more time than you and I ever will.
Barnes93cb

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 am

Will need to try this.

I buy almost all my cars used in auctions. My most recent :lolol: purchase was an Escalade with the V12 drivetrain upgrade for like $15k crebitz. That thing is a BEAST and is my favorite for the series that require big cars. Better than the Raptor, even.
I have so much hate towards the auctions. I can never find anything decent. Its always stock cars I already own.
ChrisoftheNorth

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm

I have so much hate towards the auctions. I can never find anything decent. Its always stock cars I already own.
I've had pretty decent luck, but I honestly haven't bought many. Maybe 4 or 5.
Barnes93cb

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:30 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:12 pm

I've had pretty decent luck, but I honestly haven't bought many. Maybe 4 or 5.
Okay so its just luck of the draw.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I've bought....2 cars at auction? Nothing fancy.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Caspian
сибирский
Drives: Horse and wagon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 am I had a 1st gen Xbox, and after beating Forza I didn't touch it. That was really all that I played on it, I was more into computer gaming.
Same here.

Any old school PC gamers here? Who remembers OG Unreal Tournament? MMMMMONSTER KILL!!!! :D

How about Half Life? Or a game called Thief (dark project, and then gold, then metal age, then deadly shadows) circa 1999ish. Dark stealthy goodness. That game really helped me refine my burglary career, I made so much money back then. :notsure:

N64 and Goldeneye were an awesome quick set up for a console game with four friends. We used to sit around playing that high on mushrooms for hours. We could never get the damn game started, but when we finally did it was hilarious.

Favorite car in Forza (1) is the Ferrari 355 Challenge I think, it revs to the moon, sounds great and handles awesome. :popcorn:
:themoreyouknow: