DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Badassbabe98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 pm Nothing to drag or push, but my gym has medicine balls, sand balls and bags, kb's, row machines, aerodyne bike, etc. Metcons could be any combo of exercises with those, plus sit ups, burpees, push ups, step ups, etc
Okay sweet. I personally prefer to do my heavy lifting before doing metcon work, but if you want to do the metcon work first that's fine too. Since they days that you go are variable, I'd think a push(chest, shoulders, triceps)/pull(back, biceps)/legs routine would work best for you. That way your whole body is getting hit for sure each week if you go three days. Then if you go a fourth or fifth, you just do the next day in the rotation, and then the next week you just pick up where you left off. So two weeks might look like:
M - push
T - off
W - pull
Th - legs
F - off
Sa - push
Su - off
M - off
T - pull
W - legs
Th - off
F - push
Sa - off
Su - off

Obviously doesn't have to be broken out like that for each day, but I find it gives people enough routine for progression, with enough flexibility to take days off for everything else going on in your life. If you like that idea, I can help put together individual push, pull, and leg days for you.
Badassbabe98
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: 2008 Mini Cooper S

Thats great honestly, i can roll with that. And it doesn't matter to me when I do the metcons, I just have to do them unfortunately. Cardio never becomes enjoyable lol
SAWCE

Badassbabe98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:59 pm Thats great honestly, i can roll with that. And it doesn't matter to me when I do the metcons, I just have to do them unfortunately. Cardio never becomes enjoyable lol
Sweet. yeah just as a personal recommendation, I'd do the metcon after, that way you aren't fatigued at all when going in to your heavy sets. And like I said, if you want help with exercise selection for each of the three days let me know, but as long as you start with a compound lift or two each day for each body part that is being trained, and then do isolation work to target any specific weaknesses, you'll be fine.
Badassbabe98
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: 2008 Mini Cooper S

I would definitely like help with that too, like # of reps to do, what to do etc. I can't make it that easy on you! :P
SAWCE

Badassbabe98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm I would definitely like help with that too, like # of reps to do, what to do etc. I can't make it that easy on you! :P
haha for sure. I'll throw something together for you tomorrow.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:40 pm
Badassbabe98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm I would definitely like help with that too, like # of reps to do, what to do etc. I can't make it that easy on you! :P
haha for sure. I'll throw something together for you tomorrow.
SAWCE and @Badassbabe98, I'd be happy to help as well. Feel free to include me in the conversation.

Slept in and skipped my lift again this morning. Feeling much more rested today, which may have been necessary. I'll go for a short lift this evening, but if not, it'll back to it tomorrow morning.
The panda hath arrived.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I'm beat, felt good to move some iron around doe. I needed it.

Squat: 295 x 5 x 3
Press: 135 x 5 x 3
LTE: 70 x 10 x 3

Tired, angry, and confused today but the iron is always a friend.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 pm I'm beat, felt good to move some iron around doe. I needed it.

Squat: 295 x 5 x 3
Press: 135 x 5 x 3
LTE: 70 x 10 x 3

Tired, angry, and confused today but the iron is always a friend.
I know that feel. Can't wait for this deload week to be over so I can start going hard again.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I was looking for clubs near me on the Find a Club page on Team USA's weightlifting website to get lessons/training on the movements. Come to find out, there's Try Weightlifting for Free Day tomorrow and there's a club about 30 mins from me participating. Can't wait to go tomorrow morning!
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Jaxper wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 pm I was looking for clubs near me on the Find a Club page on Team USA's weightlifting website to get lessons/training on the movements. Come to find out, there's Try Weightlifting for Free Day tomorrow and there's a club about 30 mins from me participating. Can't wait to go tomorrow morning!
Ooo, Panda going to try some Oly lifts? :megusta:
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 pm I was looking for clubs near me on the Find a Club page on Team USA's weightlifting website to get lessons/training on the movements. Come to find out, there's Try Weightlifting for Free Day tomorrow and there's a club about 30 mins from me participating. Can't wait to go tomorrow morning!
Nice! A bunch of crossfit gyms around here offer free weekend classes, so I've thought about bouncing around to a few of those for some conditioning. There's enough around me that I could probably go for 2 months straight for free lol. Only once a week, but I feel like that plenty since I'm already lifting and doing cardio 6 days a week.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm
Switching gears and going to focus on WL in place of PL. I figured with the shoulder sprain last year, it might be best for its health to just avoid heavy benching altogether. I'll bring it back into my training routine as an accessory for overhead stuff once my shoulder and upper back mobility is up to snuff for the snatch and jerk. Plus, the natural conditioning element of the Oly lifts is a nice perk.

Who knows, maybe I'll go to the Olympics for it in 2020. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Jaxper wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Switching gears and going to focus on WL in place of PL. I figured with the shoulder sprain last year, it might be best for its health to just avoid heavy benching altogether. I'll bring it back into my training routine as an accessory for overhead stuff once my shoulder and upper back mobility is up to snuff for the snatch and jerk. Plus, the natural conditioning element of the Oly lifts is a nice perk.

Who knows, maybe I'll go to the Olympics for it in 2020. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anything's possible with how the USA weightlifting team performs... :lol:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm
Nice! A bunch of crossfit gyms around here offer free weekend classes, so I've thought about bouncing around to a few of those for some conditioning. There's enough around me that I could probably go for 2 months straight for free lol. Only once a week, but I feel like that plenty since I'm already lifting and doing cardio 6 days a week.
This is why I love that I picked up mountain biking again. I know it's not the prescribed HIIT that everyone wants you to do, but getting outside riding around for a couple hours a week is :megusta:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

went and lifted again today, This week, 5 days working out.
room to do deadlifts was closed, so i used the machine. felt good to push some iron
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

It went awesome! Hearing the cues from the coach made everything click and I picked it up pretty quickly! Up next is to just develop the muscle memory to make it flow more naturally. Once that happens, I can really dig in and start working on improving the weights I'm doing.

I'll probably be joining the club on a part time basis (buy a pass for a discount on drop-in rates) in order to have access to her coaching. It'll be cheaper than buying a coach/programming directly so this will be great for getting the on-the-spot feedback, even if I only go a couple Saturdays a month. I'm really excited for all of this!
The panda hath arrived.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Trying a new routine this week.

Going to lift for 30-45 minutes before HIIT class on monday and wednesday.
Tuesday and thursday will be less intense cardio days at the house with the wife doing her videos with her.

May or may not do a lifting session on friday.
Saturday is off
Sunday is yoga / pilates for some flexibility for my stiff ass.

My HR tracker said i burned a thousand calories between weights and HIIT yesterday.
Oh, i I did deadlifts 5x3 @ 235 with no issue. Loading all that weight is getting to be a pain in the ass.....
brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Big Brain Bradley wrote:Trying a new routine this week.

Going to lift for 30-45 minutes before HIIT class on monday and wednesday.
Tuesday and thursday will be less intense cardio days at the house with the wife doing her videos with her.

May or may not do a lifting session on friday.
Saturday is off
Sunday is yoga / pilates for some flexibility for my stiff ass.

My HR tracker said i burned a thousand calories between weights and HIIT yesterday.
Oh, i I did deadlifts 5x3 @ 235 with no issue. Loading all that weight is getting to be a pain in the ass.....
:fuckyeah:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Meso 5, Week 2:

Deadlift: 390x9
T-Bar: 165x15
Military: 155x9
Bench: 225x13
Squat 300x11
Meso 5, Week 3:

Deadlift: 415x6
T-Bar: 175x8
Military: 160x6
Bench: 240x8
Squat: 320x9

Boom!
Meso 6, Week 1:

Deadlift: 380x1
T-Bar: 160x13
Military: 150x5
Bench: 215x10
Squat 295x3

Derpy week. My lower back was so tight on Sunday that I could barely hit 225 deadlifts without pain. Forced myself up to the 380, but knew it wasn't safe to try to rep it out. The rest of the workout felt okay though.

Took Monday off to recover. Tuesday I started out feeling good, but when I got to my 5+ set on military I just died. I did more for a warm up than I usually do, so may have just been fatigued from that, but I've been dropping weight like crazy, so I'm worried it's some muscle loss. Bench was not great, but okay.

Then Wednesday comes around and I'm finally feeling good during all my warm up squat sets. Get to my 5+ set which is where I've started wrapping my knees, and on rep 4, the wrap came undone on my right knee. I forced out the 5th rep so I could at least hit that, but the imbalance was crazy, so I didn't push further than that.

Hopefully next week is better.
Apex

I need to set myself up with a regular program for the DYELB. Squats Tuesday, spin class Wednesday, and squats again Thursday was a bit brutal this week, hah. My deadlift has gone to shit but I loathe pulling, but press and bench have been maintained pretty well. :notbad:
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Did a bit of bodyweight/plyo workouts yesterday. Today my quads and glutes are quite sore. I then ran a few miles this morning with a mixture of sprints and jogging. Im tired and need to hydrate more. My back is not liking it. Im going to keep working out this week and see what happens with my back pain.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

So my HIIT instructor is out for like a month.

This might be a good time to do some serious lifting for GAINZ. Any 4 week programs that involve 2-3 days at the gym that would work well for me?

HALP A N00B
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Hit 310x5x3 for squats today. :fuckyeah: Finally back to 3 plates next week!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Have not been to the gym all week, been sick.

:therapist:
Apex

Calvinball wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 9:29 am Have not been to the gym all week, been sick.

:(