DFD SPECIAL! 2007 HD Night Rod Special V-Rod

Wheel and deal your goods to the populace of DFD.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Piss off all your Harley neighbors with this magical POWERED BY PORSCHE Night Rod Special! Be the envy of all the air-cooled cock bags who show nothing but distaste for your water cooled, murdered out ass.

This is a soft feeler. I'm putting it up for sale as it just sits. Even before I had the Z06 it sat. Now racecar = LYFE
I'm going to put it up for sale starting at $8K, but if any DFD'r is interested I'll go to $7K. I highly doubt any of you are in the market for one but I figured I'd get the process rolling and give me the motivation to actually dig in and do a full detail on this thing to clean it up.
I will be returning it to nearly 100% stock form for the public sale since I've got all the parts to do so. I will also get off my ass once I start to REALLY deep clean this thing and take some high quality pictures.

List of mods includes:
Vance and Hines 2-1 offroad exhaust
Cobra FI Automatic tuner
HD Black Diamond fat footpegs, clutch shifter, handgrips
HD tank bra
Custom Radiantz LED brake strip (AMBER-RED-AMBER)
LED turn signal equalizer
Side mount license plate
1" rear drop
HD LED Headlight
BurnsMoto USB power connection
Battery tender connection
New DEKA battery (kept on a battery tender 24/7)
New Metzeler 260 rear tire, Front Metz has plenty of life on it
Flipped mirrors
Turn signal relocation kit
Blacked out Fork tubes with accordion dust protectors
Oberon fully adjustable levers
HD Sundowner seat
Front windshield visor
2up backrest (2up footpegs are currently removed)
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Will trade for 4-wheeler.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That's not my flex but it's a really nice bike and will sell quickly imo
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote:Will trade for 4-wheeler.
Gotta be worth at least an airboat.
Acid666

Melon wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 pm Will trade for 4-wheeler.
:lol:
Well this is louisiana. I do expect to get boat offers as well.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

That's one badass looking bike. Love those.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

:ohdang: the want is real.....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:58 pm Piss off all your Harley neighbors with this magical POWERED BY PORSCHE Night Rod Special! Be the envy of all the air-cooled cock bags who show nothing but distaste for your water cooled, murdered out ass.

This is a soft feeler. I'm putting it up for sale as it just sits. Even before I had the Z06 it sat. Now racecar = LYFE
I'm going to put it up for sale starting at $8K, but if any DFD'r is interested I'll go to $7K. I highly doubt any of you are in the market for one but I figured I'd get the process rolling and give me the motivation to actually dig in and do a full detail on this thing to clean it up.
I will be returning it to nearly 100% stock form for the public sale since I've got all the parts to do so. I will also get off my ass once I start to REALLY deep clean this thing and take some high quality pictures.

List of mods includes:
Vance and Hines 2-1 offroad exhaust
Cobra FI Automatic tuner
HD Black Diamond fat footpegs, clutch shifter, handgrips
HD tank bra
Custom Radiantz LED brake strip (AMBER-RED-AMBER)
LED turn signal equalizer
Side mount license plate
1" rear drop
HD LED Headlight
BurnsMoto USB power connection
Battery tender connection
New DEKA battery (kept on a battery tender 24/7)
New Metzeler 260 rear tire, Front Metz has plenty of life on it
Flipped mirrors
Turn signal relocation kit
Blacked out Fork tubes with accordion dust protectors
Oberon fully adjustable levers
HD Sundowner seat
Front windshield visor
2up backrest (2up footpegs are currently removed)
Exactamundo. I love the V-Rod and would buy before any other Harley. GLWS.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Acid666

I can't tell you how many people gave me the stink eye at the :dillerman: just because of the bike alone. I thought people were joking on the forums when they mentioned the Harley die hard hate for the bike, but it was real. That's when I started striping as much of the Harley off of it as possible and cut the Powered By Porsche logo and got those Porsche cam caps.
A lot wouldn't say it to my face but when I walked out of the Harley showroom there was always someone looking at the bike and they felt forced to say something to me as I got closer. Some joked but you could tell that they were die hard air heads and hated even the concept of the bike.
Most common comment.... "That's not a Harley!"
Rebuttal?: "Nope, that's why I bought it".
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Acid666 wrote:I can't tell you how many people gave me the stink eye at the :dillerman: just because of the bike alone. I thought people were joking on the forums when they mentioned the Harley die hard hate for the bike, but it was real. That's when I started striping as much of the Harley off of it as possible and cut the Powered By Porsche logo and got those Porsche cam caps.
A lot wouldn't say it to my face but when I walked out of the Harley showroom there was always someone looking at the bike and they felt forced to say something to me as I got closer. Some joked but you could tell that they were die hard air heads and hated even the concept of the bike.
:gay:
Acid666

Just a heads up, I got my last tire kicker yesterday that set me off. So I'm going to start pulling parts from the attic and returning the bike as close to stock as possible, and then looking for a trade in at a dealer. Then I'll sell off the aftermarket parts. I'm expecting about $6K on a trade, so if anyone's seriously interested in $6K for all of the mods AND stock parts, I'm willing to part with that. I don't think anyone's interested here, just thought I'd throw it out there.
I'm expecting to have it ready for dealers within the next couple of weeks.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:59 pm I can't tell you how many people gave me the stink eye at the :dillerman: just because of the bike alone. I thought people were joking on the forums when they mentioned the Harley die hard hate for the bike, but it was real. That's when I started striping as much of the Harley off of it as possible and cut the Powered By Porsche logo and got those Porsche cam caps.
Im subscribed to this motovlogger on Youtube. This canadian redneck (lives in Alberta) gave him shit about his ducati and yelled get a real bike. So whenever he sees harleys, he says “reallll bikesss”. It’s pretty much like you’re owning an enthusiast oriented car that isn’t Mustang, Slowmaro etc.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666

Had a buyer super pumped to get the bike this last weekend, and he ghosted me. His boy passed thru a week prior and checked the bike out for him, even let him test drive it. He was cool and we chatted for about 3 hours. I thought the vibes were good and he'd send said vibes over to his boy to get him pumped about the bike, but apparently he got cold feet, or just lost interest.

I got a guy lowball me on Craigslist with a $4,500 offer but I told him I had a buyer lined up for my current asking price and I'd let him know if anything fell through. Well it fell through and I messaged him saying I'd honor his offer if he was still interested. Emails back immediately asking for my number. Give it out and he starts texting asking for the Craigslist link again, then comes back with "Oh man mileage is so high". BITCH!? You made the offer, you saw the mileage. Did you make a blind lowball offer for fun? I sent him a KBB chart showing average mileage for motorcycles and mine's right on par for a Sport/Cruiser hybrid of that year. No response.
No biggie. It gave me the motivation to pull stock parts out of the attic. I'm going to start replacing them this week. It's hot as hell outside man. It's super yuck.
I didn't realize I had so many stock parts. I think I can maybe get about $750K total for the aftermarket parts

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 am I didn't realize I had so many stock parts. I think I can maybe get about $750K total for the aftermarket parts
:jesus: Bike parts are expensive...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 am
I didn't realize I had so many stock parts. I think I can maybe get about $750K total for the aftermarket parts

those aftermarket harley parts made of solid gold?
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 am

Hah, well there's a few higher price items in there. My Vance and Hines exhaust is worth about $375 used (New is $900). The fuel programmer costs about $450 new so I'm probably going to ask $250. I've also got a Dynojet progammer that's a few hundred. Tank shell is prolly a bill, Sundowner seat is another hundred. Adjustable levers are about $100 for the pair. Wind visor worth a chunk.
These are all used prices. So I figured I'd start with an asking price of 50% of their new price value.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:00 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 am

Hah, well there's a few higher price items in there. My Vance and Hines exhaust is worth about $375 used (New is $900). The fuel programmer costs about $450 new so I'm probably going to ask $250. I've also got a Dynojet progammer that's a few hundred. Tank shell is prolly a bill, Sundowner seat is another hundred. Adjustable levers are about $100 for the pair. Wind visor worth a chunk.
These are all used prices. So I figured I'd start with an asking price of 50% of their new price value.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

I've also got some YUGE Kyryakan (sp?) saddle bags, and a Harley bag that's designed to seat perfectly on their backrests. These are about about $250 new. So I might ask $200 for the set, or $100 a piece

These things are massive, the pics don't do it justice.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:03 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:00 am

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

Submitted to Rumble On, a site that buys bikes and sells em too. Just for shits and giggles. Expected to get lowballed bad. Offer came back in 15 minutes, and :notbad:
Considering my rock bottom price was turning out to be $5,000, and with my last buyer bailing on me at 5K, I was considering $4,500. $4K to get it the fuck out of my hair and cash is not a bad deal. I'm to the point where I don't care what it sells for as long as I can get a nice miata in the $4K range. Because that's where the money is going to end up going.
I started putting the stock parts on last night. I might get it back to full stock and resubmit it to these guys, then sell off the aftermarket stuff and maybe come ahead with a total value of about $5K.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:39 am Submitted to Rumble On, a site that buys bikes and sells em too. Just for shits and giggles. Expected to get lowballed bad. Offer came back in 15 minutes, and :notbad:
Considering my rock bottom price was turning out to be $5,000, and with my last buyer bailing on me at 5K, I was considering $4,500. $4K to get it the fuck out of my hair and cash is not a bad deal. I'm to the point where I don't care what it sells for as long as I can get a nice miata in the $4K range. Because that's where the money is going to end up going.
I started putting the stock parts on last night. I might get it back to full stock and resubmit it to these guys, then sell off the aftermarket stuff and maybe come ahead with a total value of about $5K.

Thats not terrible.

where all you have it listed for sale?
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:39 am Submitted to Rumble On, a site that buys bikes and sells em too. Just for shits and giggles. Expected to get lowballed bad. Offer came back in 15 minutes, and :notbad:

Thats not terrible.

I had it on craigslist, facebook marketplace. Facebook purgatory cycles (online local bikes), cycletrader, 1130cc.com (vrod forum), miata forums (for sale or trade).

I looked them up and they got a lot of positive reviews. Lot of complaints from people who think they should be offered top dollar, but when the market isn't biting, you've got to change your expectations. Not having to even deal with any of this is worth it since I've had the bike for sale for a whole year.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:33 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am

Thats not terrible.

I had it on craigslist, facebook marketplace. Facebook purgatory cycles (online local bikes), cycletrader, 1130cc.com (vrod forum), miata forums (for sale or trade).

I looked them up and they got a lot of positive reviews. Lot of complaints from people who think they should be offered top dollar, but when the market isn't biting, you've got to change your expectations. Not having to even deal with any of this is worth it since I've had the bike for sale for a whole year.
Sounds like you are doing everything right then, I was going to try to offer tips.

the only other place to try would maybe be ebay.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:11 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:33 am

Sounds like you are doing everything right then, I was going to try to offer tips.

the only other place to try would maybe be ebay.
I was considering Ebay, but don't want to deal with a service that I don't really know the ins and outs of. At least the semantics of a reserve price and their cost, and then the actual sale and transferring the bike and title over. It's probably not that complicated, but I really don't wanna deal with any hiccups or issues with fake bids or other shit. I'm probably overreacting to it, but I'd rather just not worry about it.
I'm gonna start working on swapping more shit tonight. I'm kinda anxious to get it gone now. My buddy keeps sending me links to Miatas to message, but I don't like to talk to sellers unless I've got cash in hand to back up my offer.
Acid666

Man these guys don't fuck around. They wanted to pick it up Friday.
Called yesterday to verify some shit. I said I actually didn't mean to accept the offer since I wanted to put a bunch of stock parts on the bike and wanted to resubmit for a new quote. Dude was kinda stumbled and said he'd just note that I'm putting stock parts in the file for when they pick it up. Basically I didn't want to misrepresent the bike with aftermarket parts that are no longer on it.

Finished it last night. Here's a list of what I removed and reverted back to stock.
Handlegrips
intake cover (was running topless, with the top cover removed. A common mod)
Auto tuner removed
Stock pegs and clutch foot thing
stock levers
belt guards reinstalled
rear 2up pegs installed
stock exhaust installed
stock seat installed
all vinyl removed from wheels, tank shell, rear swingarm

The license plate led doesn't look like it's getting power, so I need to figure that out tonight.