Tire Kicking By Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:33 pm

It's funny, this is such a good video... and yet I just can't get into these guys. Their quality is fantastic, but just :notsure:

The video just sort of makes me want a GT350 more than the M3.

Both are :drool: :doe:
I think the M2 would do what you'd buy that M3 for but better in nearly every way.
I agree, it’s basically do you want to pay for maintenance or depreciation?

At the moment I’m leaning towards neither.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:lolol: :poorvette: :lolol:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 pm I enjoy an open roof experience, I love popping my targa off, going topless in the :jeep: , or driving a true roadster. I wear sunscreen :doe:

Sunroof is kind of meh to me, I would take it or leave it depending on car. They rob headroom and as a relatively tall guy with a really long torso, that is a no from me, dog. My head legit was in the headliner in my wife's old Fusion with the seat all the way down... it was uncomfortable and made me hate driving that car. I've never had a sunroof in my own car, but I've had two 'verts and a targa. I think I could live with it in a BMW, ze Germans accel at head room.
I barely use the sunroof on the FiST. Basically crack it open to reduce wind buffering when I have my window open, or open all the way so the doges can stick their heads out.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:24 am

I think the M2 would do what you'd buy that M3 for but better in nearly every way.

:fuckyeah: long live brubclub
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I know I’m :wrong: but this is how my car story went.

C5 for 7 years then E46, then 370, then 335 then F80

And trust me, I did not miss the corvette after. It’s a good car for what it is but there is more out there.

I do miss the 370. I sold it and bought it as an ultimate cream puff. And the F80 was an absolute beast in every way, while being incredibly practical.

Yes you can’t beat the C5 for performance for the $ but that’s like saying you will only drink popov vodka to get drunk because it’s the cheapest drunk per $ spent.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:10 pm

I know I’m :wrong: but this is how my car story went.

C5 for 7 years then E46, then 370, then 335 then F80

And trust me, I did not miss the corvette after. It’s a good car for what it is but there is more out there.

I do miss the 370. I sold it and bought it as an ultimate cream puff. And the F80 was an absolute beast in every way, while being incredibly practical.

Yes you can’t beat the C5 for performance for the $ but that’s like saying you will only drink popov vodka to get drunk because it’s the cheapest drunk per $ spent.
The track thing is my hang up. Give up the tracking (which maybe I will), other stuff offers more. On the track, the C5 is the move. Only the 370Z would be it’s equal on that front.
max225

Or you can get an actual track car ... how many miles per year do you drive on a track ? Maybe rent a track car ? Seems like it would make more sense
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 pm Or you can get an actual track car ... how many miles per year do you drive on a track ? Maybe rent a track car ? Seems like it would make more sense
:dat:

Anything that is expected to split time between track and street will require some degree of compromise.

Getting something new might require some acceptance of a car being less good on the track.

Personally, if I’m looking for a new experience, I accept that’s it’s going to be a different experience and enjoy it for what it is.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Does it have to be as fast as the C5 on the track to be fun? There are plenty of cars out there that are capable of doing a few HPDEs a year that are still streetable and offer a different experience.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

coogles wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 am Does it have to be as fast as the C5 on the track to be fun? There are plenty of cars out there that are capable of doing a few HPDEs a year that are still streetable and offer a different experience.
:dat:

BRZ, STi, FoRS and plenty more.

Some decent tars and a flush with RBF600. Make tweaks along the way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 am Does it have to be as fast as the C5 on the track to be fun? There are plenty of cars out there that are capable of doing a few HPDEs a year that are still streetable and offer a different experience.
Not at all, I don't really care about speed... I mean, I would prefer faster than a current 86/BRZ. I would say like 6 seconds to 60 or better is fast enough.

I am honestly more and more into cycling versus track stuff, I really would just like to do a handful of HPDE/year and that would be doable in a lot of things, although they may not be quite what the Corvette is on track.

Having done a decent amount of track time now, I've realized there really isn't a true double duty setup. Your best bet is having a track specific/focused car. I am not willing to do that. It's less a money thing and more that I don't want to have more cars to maintain, clean, shuffle around the driveway, etc. I drive my car about once per week as-is, having two for that is asinine IMO. It is just a ton of money/time/work for not enough benefit for me personally.

Lately I am pretty intrigued by the rally/hot hatch stuff like a FoRS, Type R, STi, Evo... I don't know if I would enjoy as much as the Corvette or not, but it would certainly be different, still fun, and better for day to day life.

I am kind of back to just keeping the C5 though, frankly I'm not sure if I care enough to go through all of the trouble of trying things out and what I've got works.

My life circumstances will probably change in the next year or two anyway with work or possibly a kid or something, so maybe I'll just wait.

That said, a Coxster or S2000 would be a :neat: stop gap too.

:hibachi:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 am
Not at all, I don't really care about speed... I mean, I would prefer faster than a current 86/BRZ. I would say like 6 seconds to 60 or better is fast enough.

I am honestly more and more into cycling versus track stuff, I really would just like to do a handful of HPDE/year and that would be doable in a lot of things, although they may not be quite what the Corvette is on track.

Having done a decent amount of track time now, I've realized there really isn't a true double duty setup. Your best bet is having a track specific/focused car. I am not willing to do that. It's less a money thing and more that I don't want to have more cars to maintain, clean, shuffle around the driveway, etc. I drive my car about once per week as-is, having two for that is asinine IMO. It is just a ton of money/time/work for not enough benefit for me personally.

Lately I am pretty intrigued by the rally/hot hatch stuff like a FoRS, Type R, STi, Evo... I don't know if I would enjoy as much as the Corvette or not, but it would certainly be different, still fun, and better for day to day life.

I am kind of back to just keeping the C5 though, frankly I'm not sure if I care enough to go through all of the trouble of trying things out and what I've got works.

My life circumstances will probably change in the next year or two anyway with work or possibly a kid or something, so maybe I'll just wait.

That said, a Coxster or S2000 would be a :neat: stop gap too.

:hibachi:
From the list you provided, I like the Type R the best. And as an owner of a "hot hatch" I can positively endorse the purchase of such a vehicle, I don't regret getting my R. It is a car you can have some fun with, but don't need to trade it if a :baby: comes along which in your case can justify trading the C5 in for early, since it is the "responsible" thing to do. :hubba:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I like them in white with a red int, this one has black but it is one of the cheapest in your area:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

Sporty looking red:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

There is a yellow one, but it looked ghetto with a wrapped hood or whatev, so fuck that post.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I really like the Gray/blue/green color like Max's Brocoma

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I really like the Gray/blue/green color like Max's Brocoma

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:52 pm I really like the Gray/blue/green color like Max's Brocoma

It looks great in person, I'd have no problem owning one in :dat: color.

They are good cars, 5/7 shifter, and hold their value expectedly.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

That's a 5/7 color. Imagine how good it would look on a not-ugly car.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:04 pm That's a 5/7 color. Imagine how good it would look on a not-ugly car.
Ugly is the new black
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:52 pm I really like the Gray/blue/green color like Max's Brocoma

I was going to get this car if it wasn’t so damn fugly. Also red front seats and rear black seats from a 16k civic dx were not ok in a 40k hatch. Also 20” wheels and rubber band tires. Car looks so much better with some :meat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I love the look of the Type R :lolol:

I feel like new would be the move with one though. Those ones with 25k farts are like $1k under MSRP.

I think I would like the drive of an RS a bit more but have more wants for Civic Doodie.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:48 pm I love the look of the Type R :lolol:

I feel like new would be the move with one though. Those ones with 25k farts are like $1k under MSRP.

I think I would like the drive of an RS a bit more but have more wants for Civic Doodie.
Yea because Honda raised the msrp 5k in 3 model years and you can’t get one at sticker
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 pm
wap wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:04 pm That's a 5/7 color. Imagine how good it would look on a not-ugly car.
Ugly is the new black
:lol: :nope:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:44 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Ugly is the new black
:lolol: :wub: your appreciation for the many forms of :turboyaris: that have ever existed, I cannot deny their aesthetic superiority.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:49 pm
wap wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:44 pm

:lolol: :wub: your appreciation for the many forms of :turboyaris: that have ever existed, I cannot deny their aesthetic superiority.
:lol:
I mean, there are so many hot hatches that are so much less ugly than this (sorry Griff).
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:01 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:49 pm

:lol:
I mean, there are so many hot hatches that are so much less ugly than this (sorry Griff).
Although :notwrong: , I think it looks kind of bad-ass in a JDM way, I :member: JDM-yo lyfe. I had a :jimp: 1990 240SX in college, which was a legit nice body style until it got rear ended and written off. But boxy CRXs, Integras, WRXs with big hood scoops were all cool.