Tire Kicking By Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:40 am
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:31 am

I don't expect things to change much unless there is some sort of a huge SWITCH that gets flipped and we go back to "normal" which won't happen. We have all made immense changes... like new homes/moves etc that won't be undone overnight.

This is the new normal unless the economy collapses. And if it does... then it is going to be quite a different type of shit show.

I don't see deflation coming up ... anytime soon there is just way too much money in the market.
Moving still doesn't change what people spend money on...biggest ones for many budgets is travel and going out (ours is). We will absolutely start spending more on those items when we can...but agreed the question is WHEN we'll be able to do that. Griff VOLUNTEERED to work a vaccination site to get a vaccine sooner so he can start blowing money on travel again. When he does, this thread is dead. That's really going to impact demand for luxury goods because people are sick of staying home, so why spend money on a car, boat, rv, whatever when you can go do things again?
:dat:

I am 100% an "experiences" person over stuff person. I live in a tiny ass house that can't fit anymore shit anyway, and I find that shit just kind of makes life harder. Everything bought has to be maintained and eventually falls apart. This is why I'm not all about multi car life even though in a situation where you do track days and such it makes more sense.

People aren't really going to fundamentally change. Those of us who preferred wasting money on travel and stuff will go back to that when possible. Even my wife is now :notsure: on :pinshit: upgrades like counter tops because she would "rather go somewhere" after I gave her the go ahead to get the counters if she wants.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:40 am
Moving still doesn't change what people spend money on...biggest ones for many budgets is travel and going out (ours is). We will absolutely start spending more on those items when we can...but agreed the question is WHEN we'll be able to do that. Griff VOLUNTEERED to work a vaccination site to get a vaccine sooner so he can start blowing money on travel again. When he does, this thread is dead. That's really going to impact demand for luxury goods because people are sick of staying home, so why spend money on a car, boat, rv, whatever when you can go do things again?

I am 100% an "experiences" person over stuff person. I live in a tiny ass house that can't fit anymore shit anyway, and I find that shit just kind of makes life harder. Everything bought has to be maintained and eventually falls apart. This is why I'm not all about multi car life even though in a situation where you do track days and such it makes more sense.

People aren't really going to fundamentally change. Those of us who preferred wasting money on travel and stuff will go back to that when possible. Even my wife is now :notsure: on :pinshit: upgrades like counter tops because she would "rather go somewhere" after I gave her the go ahead to get the counters if she wants.
I prefer to blow all discretionary income filling cabinets with Hummel figurines.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

But seriously folks. It's rare when you have that William Tell to the apple bullseye purchase where you are still :fuckyeah: about every dollar you dropped a year after the fact.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:33 pm

I prefer to blow all discretionary income filling cabinets with Hummel figurines.
:lolol:
:mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:37 pm

:mahman:
:zing:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:34 pm But seriously folks. It's rare when you have that William Tell to the apple bullseye purchase where you are still :fuckyeah: about every dollar you dropped a year after the fact.
:impressive: reference...

I will say, the :poorvette: has been that for me. By far the best vehicle purchase of my life and one of the better overall purchases. Almost seven years later I'm still pretty :fuckyeah: on the stupid thing, it is a ton of fun, it's taken a hell of a beating, I've piled on miles and it generally just works.. all of that for $18K and it is still worth > half that.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I thought you were talking about the desert fox himself Rommel. To which I thought hmm interesting choice. Then I googled Hummel... :disgust:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:34 pm But seriously folks. It's rare when you have that William Tell to the apple bullseye purchase where you are still :fuckyeah: about every dollar you dropped a year after the fact.
Pretty happy with the mini still, going on year 2 now. So far happy with Cuckoma also
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:36 pm

Well, sir, do I have some fucking Hummels for you.
That is some major :wap: shit right there.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:43 pm

I thought you were talking about the desert fox himself Rommel. To which I thought hmm interesting choice. Then I googled Hummel... :disgust:
Rommel gear would be :jimp: not :cuck:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:25 pm

A Rommel Hummel if you will.... or a Hummelesque Rommel at any rate.....

Irish

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 pm

That is some major :wap: shit right there.

Inherited from my MIL. :disgust:
We have a few from my late MIL as well.....
Last edited by Irish on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

max225

Irish wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:25 pm

:amazing:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:00 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:47 pm

It really is. Nice work Bri.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:00 pm
It really is. Nice work Bri.
:bow:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Dolls?

Did Griff drive the rally car or nah?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:35 pm Dolls?

Did Griff drive the rally car or nah?
I bailed, didn’t have time to drive to Hickory this week plus :dillerman: :bs:

I will call about the one in Charlotte this week and see if I can check it out.

Kind of getting a bit :flaccid: though, car search is discouraging as hell in the current market.

That said, my buddy hasn’t had any bites on his clean FRS asking $12k. This makes me think the market is soft for these and it’s rather tempting to try to find a supercharged one.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:08 am

I bailed, didn’t have time to drive to Hickory this week plus :dillerman: :bs:

I will call about the one in Charlotte this week and see if I can check it out.

Kind of getting a bit :flaccid: though, car search is discouraging as hell in the current market.

That said, my buddy hasn’t had any bites on his clean FRS asking $12k. This makes me think the market is soft for these and it’s rather tempting to try to find a supercharged one.
Sell C5, buy Maxx's FRZ, add boost.
:notbad:

They look like an absolute riot with some bewst. I’d be likely to go with a roots style over a centrifugal, get some real torque out of that little motor. The Harrop and Edelbrock kits look :nice:.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

By the time you're done boosting a $12k FR-S you're at $20k.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:00 pm By the time you're done boosting a $12k FR-S you're at $20k.
Thank you. This is a single man,s car swap. No woman is ever going to get it. Frankly I don,t get it. Those cars are driven by worse people than 392 Challengers with splitter shipping protectors.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:54 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:00 pm By the time you're done boosting a $12k FR-S you're at $20k.
Thank you. This is a single man,s car swap. No woman is ever going to get it. Frankly I don,t get it. Those cars are driven by worse people than 392 Challengers with splitter shipping protectors.
ABC

Always Be Closing on the GS deal :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:59 pm

ABC

Always Be Closing on the GS deal :lol:
Its apparently too nice for his needs but I did audibly laugh
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notwrong: I would need to find one with it already completed in a thorough and satisfactory manner which would be hard.

I really don’t care about “the people” driving a vehicle though. I own a retiree trailer park car and a sorority girl truck.