Tire Kicking By Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:04 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Yep. RIP
:disappoint:

When is it making its way down?

Sadly I tossed the OEM C6Z shocks I had on it, offered them up free on CL and no takers. If I had them I'd throw them on and give you the Bilsteins, but nothing to replace them with.

Man this whole car search thing is just wearing down my emotions to be honest. I suck at making decisions, what I originally decided on was shot down, :notsure: what to do here.

I want to want a Fiesta ST as it is probably the most fun/lower depreciating/reliable option, but things like BMWs and MINIs sort of appeal more. It's like I'm back to my 2018 car search all over again :lolol:
No idea when I'm getting it at this point. I haven't gotten an update on tbe work or parts order in a couple weeks. I'm sure my shox are fine but the Bilsteins would have been nice I'm sure!

It's hard when what you had your heart set on is shot down, and can really take the wind out of your sales. I'm worried that whatever you get won't scratch the itch because you'll keep thinking about the Hype R and how it wasn't your decision to not buy one. For 15k I'd probably go for a mini. I'm just not sure a 5 year old Fiesta ST is a $15k car anymore. At 10k it would be awesome.

I know the mini is a more practical shape, but this might be interesting?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:04 pm

:disappoint:

When is it making its way down?

Sadly I tossed the OEM C6Z shocks I had on it, offered them up free on CL and no takers. If I had them I'd throw them on and give you the Bilsteins, but nothing to replace them with.

Man this whole car search thing is just wearing down my emotions to be honest. I suck at making decisions, what I originally decided on was shot down, :notsure: what to do here.

I want to want a Fiesta ST as it is probably the most fun/lower depreciating/reliable option, but things like BMWs and MINIs sort of appeal more. It's like I'm back to my 2018 car search all over again :lolol:
No idea when I'm getting it at this point. I haven't gotten an update on tbe work or parts order in a couple weeks. I'm sure my shox are fine but the Bilsteins would have been nice I'm sure!

It's hard when what you had your heart set on is shot down, and can really take the wind out of your sales. I'm worried that whatever you get won't scratch the itch because you'll keep thinking about the Hype R and how it wasn't your decision to not buy one. For 15k I'd probably go for a mini. I'm just not sure a 5 year old Fiesta ST is a $15k car anymore. At 10k it would be awesome.

:lolol: I was just looking at that!

I think it is :fakenews: , that is a $25K+ car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That is sort of my trouble with the FiST, due to their epic resale, a decent one with 50K or less miles, a color, and Recarbros is damn near $20K. Tough pill to swallow for a Fiesta, I had the opportunity to buy an orange Recaro unit new back in 2018 for $21,XXX.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see the coupes selling for much less.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:48 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see the coupes selling for much less.
The :dillerman: has some sketch reviews. I guess it wouldn't hurt to call them. That is basically a brand new Si, that would be quite a :dill:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Seems like a bait and switch, that car is :nice:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

D Griff wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 pm That is sort of my trouble with the FiST, due to their epic resale, a decent one with 50K or less miles, a color, and Recarbros is damn near $20K. Tough pill to swallow for a Fiesta, I had the opportunity to buy an orange Recaro unit new back in 2018 for $21,XXX.
At least it is not likely to depreciate at any higher rate in the future? You'll be able to sell if for not much of a loss a year or two down the road.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Yeah there is zero chance that's a real listing, unless it has a salvaged title or the dealer adds a shit ton of add-ons and fees to that base price.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:59 pm
Yeah there is zero chance that's a real listing, unless it has a salvaged title or the dealer adds a shit ton of add-ons and fees to that base price.
And here's why it is listed so low: https://en.bidfax.info/honda/civic/7139 ... 53138.html
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:48 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:47 pm

And here's why it is listed so low: https://en.bidfax.info/honda/civic/7139 ... 53138.html
:nice: detective work.

I honestly wouldn't mind rolling the dice on something like this but trying to resell it down the line would be a nightmare, so :nope:
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:50 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind rolling the dice on something like this but trying to resell it down the line would be a nightmare, so :nope:
That's a :nope: for me too. Not worth the risk.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oof nice job
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Yea that car is worth 15k tops
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:56 am Griff needs an 86 in Neptune Blue.

/ :bread:
This is fantastic. We could use more blue meenies around here. WAP, Herr, griff could make 3!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Might as well hold out for the new one, it is coming in the same color.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:01 am Might as well hold out for the new one, it is coming in the same color.
New one would be :nice: but it's also not gonna happen, it will be as much as a Hype R...
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:01 am Might as well hold out for the new one, it is coming in the same color.
New one would be :nice: but it's also not gonna happen, it will be as much as a Hype R...
They increased the prices that much? Mine was $30k MSRP loaded.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 pm
D Griff wrote:
I assume it'll be low 30s plus TTL/ :dillerman: new car/post COVID fuck you fees, so $40K OTD?

All of the above are way more than the $20K cuck budget.

I haven't even applied for the title replacement yet, drove my car one time to Aldi in the past two weeks, :iono:

The car thing has taken a back seat recently as I am now a "manager" at my job and don't have time to do anything anymore :rage:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:00 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:56 am Griff needs an 86 in Neptune Blue.

/ :bread:
This is fantastic. We could use more blue meenies around here. WAP, Herr, griff could make 3!
:dat: :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:melon: still has the bloo bimmer AFAIK
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:22 pm :melon: still has the bloo bimmer AFAIK
:lol: :like:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 pm
D Griff wrote:
I have the first GR 86 in Neptune Blue (we think it’s going to be the Trueno Blue color, but it’s that shade) on order with my old Toyota store. I’m being told MSRP for the premium trim should be right around 34.

It’ll go well with the Chief Blue Rubicon.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:32 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 pm They increased the prices that much? Mine was $30k MSRP loaded.
I have the first GR 86 in Neptune Blue (we think it’s going to be the Trueno Blue color, but it’s that shade) on order with my old Toyota store. I’m being told MSRP for the premium trim should be right around 34.

:megusta:
troyguitar

fledonfoot wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 pm They increased the prices that much? Mine was $30k MSRP loaded.

:plac: to the future!

:impressive:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:06 pm
fledonfoot wrote:

:plac: to the future!

:impressive:
I loved my first 86 for what it was... I'm not a "more power" guy. The more time I spend in six figure sports cars, the more I appreciate just how damn good the car drove and felt. I'm doing this instead of the employee lease on the 718 Cayman.