Verboten frucht: One car you'd buy today if it were available in the USA

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:54 pm

That's a FWD open diff big 4 door sedan, not a little AWD 3 door hatch. We don't get the fun small cars here.
Nah they said the GR Yaris drivetrain and engine
:waiting:

The new Corolla hatch is pretty attractive and small as well.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:40 pm

Toyota announced GR Corolla ?
That's a FWD open diff big 4 door sedan, not a little AWD 3 door hatch. We don't get the fun small cars here.
Are you trolling me ?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3243 ... confirmed/

We anticipate the GR Corolla will use the same 257-hp, 1.6-liter inline-three as the GR Yaris, paired with a six-speed manual transmission. I

Fuck the yaris it is a tiny POS. Hell the corolla is just about almost perfect for 4 people. I would seriously consider it at this point, but I have something way too similar.

Corolla hatch is 172" long how the FK is that not a small car?
max225

wap wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:21 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:16 pm Yea I’m sorta :triggered: by this thread now. I thought it was cars you’d actually buy vs aspirational vehicles
A lot of these are attainable, :doe: . Polo's, R's, Fists, Pug 208's, etc.
Half the thread is shit that is well over 50k, yet no one outside of :waxer: is currently driving a 50k vehicle here.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:54 pm That's a FWD open diff big 4 door sedan, not a little AWD 3 door hatch. We don't get the fun small cars here.
Are you trolling me ?

We anticipate the GR Corolla will use the same 257-hp, 1.6-liter inline-three as the GR Yaris, paired with a six-speed manual transmission. I

Fuck the yaris it is a tiny POS. Hell the corolla is just about almost perfect for 4 people. I would seriously consider it at this point, but I have something way too similar.

It's not likely to be AWD nor is it likely to be the hatch. Just a Corolla with more power, a body kit, and stupidly large :ramz: grounded to the ground.

I don't see the point of making it as big as a GTI anyway. I'd buy the GTI every time.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:36 pm
max225 wrote:
Are you trolling me ?

It's not likely to be AWD nor is it likely to be the hatch. Just a Corolla with more power, a body kit, and stupidly large :ramz: grounded to the ground.

I don't see the point of making it as big as a GTI anyway. I'd buy the GTI every time.
:iono:
Article points to more than that... Toyota is something that rarely needs any sort of work, and it usually comes at an attractive price point. None of which can be said about the VW. GTI tops out at nearly 40k, this should be substantially cheaper.
max225

max225 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:03 pm Suzuki Jimny. In a fun color :)
I am rescinding this. The Jimny comes with a SHIT 5 speed that rev's at 4000rpm @ 70, which is :fullretard:

Also it has less cargo space than my Mini cooper. :wtf:
82 liters for the Jimny vs 211 in the mini. :wtf:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:36 pm It's not likely to be AWD nor is it likely to be the hatch. Just a Corolla with more power, a body kit, and stupidly large :ramz: grounded to the ground.

:iono:
Article points to more than that... Toyota is something that rarely needs any sort of work, and it usually comes at an attractive price point. None of which can be said about the VW. GTI tops out at nearly 40k, this should be substantially cheaper.
Dunno. We'll see I guess. I'm not buying the thing regardless, I'm on my dangerously slow RWD :turtle: for at least 5 more years. After that hopefully something with the engine behind me.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:49 pm
max225 wrote: :iono:
Dunno. We'll see I guess. I'm not buying the thing regardless, I'm on my dangerously slow RWD :turtle: for at least 5 more years. After that hopefully something with the engine behind me.
Well I am unlikely to get it either because my next vehicles will not be econo oriented as the Pooper already does that for me. And for now I have no plans to sell it.

But if I was in the market in 2021... I think it would have been an epic competitor. I really like the new corolla. A LOT. It has better styling than the GTI IMO. But size wise the GTI is a bit better... Corolla is small in the back.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

max225 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:52 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:49 pm Dunno. We'll see I guess. I'm not buying the thing regardless, I'm on my dangerously slow RWD :turtle: for at least 5 more years. After that hopefully something with the engine behind me.
Well I am unlikely to get it either because my next vehicles will not be econo oriented as the Pooper already does that for me. And for now I have no plans to sell it.

But if I was in the market in 2021... I think it would have been an epic competitor. I really like the new corolla. A LOT. It has better styling than the GTI IMO. But size wise the GTI is a bit better... Corolla is small in the back.
I’m bi-curious about it. The Fiesta is at 110k miles and climbing. If it has a decent seat and LSD option, and is priced just below a Lobster N, it could be enticing for me.

There’s a lot of outside factors at play that would determine if I actually spend money on one, but :popcorn: none the less.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:21 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:16 pm Yea I’m sorta :triggered: by this thread now. I thought it was cars you’d actually buy vs aspirational vehicles
A lot of these are attainable, :doe: . Polo's, R's, Fists, Pug 208's, etc.
:dat; and Passat GTE estate and megane rs. Im pretty sure megane rs is over $50k doe, but in the US, i'd say it's on the same ballpark as typeR
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

max225 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:40 pm

Toyota announced GR Corolla ?
That's because we've shown that all we buy (generalization) in a small variety is SUVs, because everyone thinks they need 4/AWD.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:38 am

That's because we've shown that all we buy (generalization) in a small variety is SUVs, because everyone thinks they need 4/AWD.
And they would :nope: on driving to work with their CRV's and Foresters because 2 inches of snow :derp: :crang:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:48 pm
I'm actually trying to figure out the total cost of a crew cab Ute.
:waiting:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:35 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:38 am

And they would :nope: on driving to work with their CRV's and Foresters because 2 inches of snow :derp: :crang:
You're exactly right.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:35 pm

You're exactly right.
One main reason why I don't bother with winters is that when 3 inches of snow comes up, everywhere is closed here in NOVA :lol: but when I get my bimmer, i will go with summer/winter route