Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:44 am Nevermind it was dead again this morning. Something bigger going on I think. Cmax forums are littered with this, just some auxiliary system not turning off or going to “sleep” after a certain amount of time from turning the car off.

Should just sell it and get a Toyota.
100% Correct.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:44 am Nevermind it was dead again this morning. Something bigger going on I think. Cmax forums are littered with this, just some auxiliary system not turning off or going to “sleep” after a certain amount of time from turning the car off.

Should just sell it and get a Toyota.
100% Correct.
Yep he should have been rolling in a :rage: 4 since 2 years ago.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:59 pm

100% Correct.
Interesting positive comments on the Cmax :doe:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:07 pm
Interesting positive comments on the Cmax :doe:
It’s great to drive it’s just a piece of shit Fraud product
Johnny_P

100% Correct.
:whocares:
I wasn’t going to sell the STI for a Rav. And we won’t get anything for this on a trade so just drive it till it stops working. It’s a trashed city car. Exterior on this is dented and scraped to hell. I legit dgaf when I drive it. We park it on our street now which is awesome. Things I wouldn’t do in a new car.

Maybe if this ends up stranding us I’ll off it for a last gen rav hybrid.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:30 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 pm

:doomed:
I like the hybrid. I like the way it drives, it’s kinda quick, and handles great. It’s ugly as f and some kind of jelly bean that should have been a minivan but whatever. It’s just a throwaway fraud with nearly 100k on it.

I’d totally get another hybrid. I really like how smooth this thing is, and the MPG rocks.
You should drive my Corolla. Perfect appliance that just looks like a ‘car’. It’s silver and has doors and some wheels and goes forwards and backwards, and gets 55mpg no matter how I drive it. Even at 85mph.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 pm

I like the hybrid. I like the way it drives, it’s kinda quick, and handles great. It’s ugly as f and some kind of jelly bean that should have been a minivan but whatever. It’s just a throwaway fraud with nearly 100k on it.

I’d totally get another hybrid. I really like how smooth this thing is, and the MPG rocks.
You should drive my Corolla. Perfect appliance that just looks like a ‘car’. It’s silver and has doors and some wheels and goes forwards and backwards, and gets 55mpg no matter how I drive it. Even at 85mph.
What is highway travel/commuting like in it when compared to a GTI? Asking for a friend. 🙄
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:32 pm

What is highway travel/commuting like in it when compared to a GTI? Asking for a friend. 🙄
So here’s the thing. At 80mph on the interstate, it feels like a car. Tonight, I brought a Taycan 4S home to spend some time behind the wheel and it felt like a car. Just like the GTI.

The reality is it’s slow, takes a while to get up to 70 but just flowing through interstate traffic it’s perfect. It’s quiet, comfortable, has great visibility and a low hood, and just soaks up miles. It’s an awesome commuter.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:10 pm
So here’s the thing. At 80mph on the interstate, it feels like a car. Tonight, I brought a Taycan 4S home to spend some time behind the wheel and it felt like a car. Just like the GTI.

The reality is it’s slow, takes a while to get up to 70 but just flowing through interstate traffic it’s perfect. It’s quiet, comfortable, has great visibility and a low hood, and just soaks up miles. It’s an awesome commuter.
What’s a worse comparison; Corolla vs Taycan or Civic vs M3?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm

What’s a worse comparison; Corolla vs Taycan or Civic vs M3?
At a steady 80mph in a straight line on a smooth interstate, it doesn’t matter what it is. If it’s 1-2 years old, it’s going to feel like “car”.
max225

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/porsche-iss ... 00051.html

Porsche Just issued yet another engine replacement recall :disgust:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:57 am https://www.yahoo.com/autos/porsche-iss ... 00051.html

Porsche Just issued yet another engine replacement recall :disgust:
Wow. Sounds like they got a bad batch of con rods.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sounds like it covers all of the bases, except for the seppuku acceleration thing. TBH the R feels slow/ordinary at freeway speeds, most of the magic is already gone by the time 70mph is reached, and in my reality the cruise control gets set for a solid 40 minutes, before I get to enjoy one offramp and a bunch of shitty side roads almost everywhere that I go. This segment really is the new age 'people's car', when they're not driving big ass trucks obviously.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 pm

:doomed:

I feel like newer Toyota's are getting more and more decent to drive now. Especially fled spec rolla hybrid and the rav4 non-hybrid I rented. Some models even began to dump the cvt, and maybe only applying to hybrids. I think trading that in for it would be a solid move for you guys.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Yeah. I wish it was a little quicker. At least the RAV4 gets some power.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

oops
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

NGL if I work at a dealer and get to bring back an awesome car for a couple of days, I wouldn't mind driving an NFG economical appliance.

I also liked my Corolla hybrid rental as well, although its a sedan, those things are lowkey badass at slow speeds and in traffic. Enjoyed launching the shit out of it at every light.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a2 ... cial-media

So the Hyundai horsepower isn't unlocked until 40k miles :lol:
max225

To those saying a wrangler is way cheaper than a defender. Certainly not always, this one is 7k more than a mid range defender.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:47 pm

To those saying a wrangler is way cheaper than a defender. Certainly not always, this one is 7k more than a mid range defender.
Yeah Defender is actually a lot of car for the money. Wrangler starts way less but that’s with :manuel: windows and whatnot. I like the convertible/more ‘Murican vibe and reliability, but Defender seems really compelling. Reviews are strong.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm liking this AA maps thing. :notbad:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 pm I'm liking this AA maps thing. :notbad:
No compass no care
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 pm
No compass no care
:roasted:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:31 pm
Did you not have this before?
I've only tried using it a handful of times, but I think a slightly newer phone software gives the map skin a nicer look. I don't bother with AA because the usb socket doesn't charge the phone while in use and initiating the connection is more cumbersome then running the map right off the phone or using the built in GPS.

It's otherwise :notbad: I guess.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 pm
No compass no care
MK7 has compass, glovebox liner, etc.
:hubba: :fancy: