Car Talk 1: Passengers matter

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 am Tar talk fitted to an MK7 egg. Spoiler: 18" wheels ride better then 17s.

:notsure: they sure didn't on my mk6
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:05 pm
Davestr wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Oh I ALMOST forgot to update Team DFD!! Yesterday 2017 M2 beeeeeeeeeeeeeeotch. No VAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

:zing:

No mauerporsche for you? Haha

You got the m2? I am very interested in it. It fixes everything wrong with the fake sport
Go drive it. U won't give it back!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm
Dave did you get your new VAG yet ?
Oh I ALMOST forgot to update Team DFD!! Yesterday 2017 M2 beeeeeeeeeeeeeeotch. No VAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

:fuckyeah: Looks awesome!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 am Tar talk fitted to an MK7 egg. Spoiler: 18" wheels ride better then 17s.

Agreed, that's why I posted. Dude uses the same tar on three different ramz and tests them all. Watching the video was :notbad: use of 15 min
max225

Did you also like his baby gap shirt ? :lolgasm:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:Did you also like his baby gap shirt ? Imagegasm:
I didn't notice it... was following the content :rolleyes: Image
max225

Yea I mean he is just saying the differences aren't super big between +-1" and somehow the 17" is louder which is odd to me. But +-1db is hardly notable to anyone.

The ride quality was quite different in my experience. I can't imagine 19s on my mk6 since the 18s were too harsch for my roads. However the suspension may be tuned differently on the mk7 since it has 19s from the fucktory in some trims.

My Z and the BMW both ride fine on 19s and pot holes etc, however the tdi got harsh when I stepped up to 18s
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:Yea I mean he is just saying the differences aren't super big between +-1" and somehow the 17" is louder which is odd to me. But +-1db is hardly notable to anyone.

The ride quality was quite different in my experience. I can't imagine 19s on my mk6 since the 18s were too harsch for my roads. However the suspension may be tuned differently on the mk7 since it has 19s from the fucktory in some trims.

My Z and the BMW both ride fine on 19s and pot holes etc, however the tdi got harsh when I stepped up to 18s
:like:

I totally agree with the above said, except for the dB increase, a five db increase is the difference between a toilet flushing and an alarm clock going off.

The brand of tar he chose might have a specific noise characteristic in the 17 format. So that could be skewing his results. :notsure:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:03 pm They get run over alright... traffic accidents in those countries are terribad
In Turkey, you need a high school diploma to get a license, and there are places for people who didn't finish school they can get fake diplomas so they can get license, those are the same type of people that are just simply ignorant that has no common sense, hence the accidents.

But atleast I don't get jaywalkers in my way and they actually run out of your way, cause most drivers are not going to slow down as they actually expect the jaywalkers to do so. Cars always have the right of way unless you cross the crosswalk when you have green. I swear to god, when guests from there visit here, they get :mindblown: and confused when people actually let them cross the street.

I do get aggravated when I actually have to let people cross the streets in shopping centers, especially when some take a while to cross. That's one of the reasons I like driving in Turkey better.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:02 pm Yea I mean he is just saying the differences aren't super big between +-1" and somehow the 17" is louder which is odd to me. But +-1db is hardly notable to anyone.

As I had both 18"s on mk6 and mk7. I noticed, both stock tires (mk6 is dunlop and mk7 is pirelli p-zero) are different in night and day comfort. Mk6 is exactly how you would expect as the New Type R with factory wheels, every pothole i've been in, I felt like the car is falling apart. But when I changed to Michelin Pilot as3, it made a night and day difference.

For mk7, when I switched from pirelli's to michelin pilot as3, the only difference I have ever noticed was grip, and that was it. In comparison (I kid you not), it is slightly more comfortable than my moms 535i w/ 19's and runflats.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
max225 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:02 pm Yea I mean he is just saying the differences aren't super big between +-1" and somehow the 17" is louder which is odd to me. But +-1db is hardly notable to anyone.

As I had both 18"s on mk6 and mk7. I noticed, both stock tires (mk6 is dunlop and mk7 is pirelli p-zero) are different in night and day comfort. Mk6 is exactly how you would expect as the New Type R with factory wheels, every pothole i've been in, I felt like the car is falling apart. But when I changed to Michelin Pilot as3, it made a night and day difference.

For mk7, when I switched from pirelli's to michelin pilot as3, the only difference I have ever noticed was grip, and that was it. In comparison (I kid you not), it is slightly more comfortable than my moms 535i w/ 19's and runflats.
That's a big difference in suspension setup, :dat: MBQ platform is :impressive:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

KiaGiver wrote:I like the wing on the Type R. Can't imagine why.
:disgust: :nope:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Suspension has to be tuned for wheels.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm
Dave did you get your new VAG yet ?

:fuckyeah: NICE!!!
Hope you have great luck with it.

In4review.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:21 pm

That's what I was thinking, too. 17's improved ride so much, and acceleration/reflexes, too. Dat lighter unsprung weight.
wap

Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:51 pm Suspension has to be tuned for wheels.
Right. And the Mk6 platform was tuned for 17's. That's why it originally came with Denvers and why it rode and performed better with them. I wonder if the MQB mk7 was specifically tuned for 18's?
Apex

Closed Car Talk now?
wap

Apex wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:22 pm Closed Car Talk now?
:butwhy:
Apex

wap wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:22 pm Closed Car Talk now?
:butwhy:
Over 10k posts in this one. :iono: if the mods will close other threads out at the 10k mark like OTs.