:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:35 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
ZR2 is more livable and cheaper, but indeed not as unique and not as fun. I love taking the top and shit off, I'll miss that in the summer. But for $12k+, I could probably do without it.

Longevity is the question though...I could see keeping my JT forever because it checks just about every box (even the highway I can deal with), but the cost keeps me back. The ZR2...I just don't know? I was sad to give mine back, but didn't miss it a lick when I got the JT right after. BUT, at this point in my life and priorities, it really could be the sweet spot of price, utility, and fun...giving it significant staying power. I know I'd like it way more than the Ram...and at least it's Whorange.
How much is YOUR Buck Buck again? IIRC it is like 20% over this new ZR2. I think this :truk: would be :notbad: , I am with Max that it's a lot better than the Ass RAMmer but you'd certainly be stuck with it for a while.

I get the predicament having bought the :jeep: for $37K. It is a lot of money for a car, regardless of :dill: , the payments/cash outlay hurt, but if it's a long haul thing, it really isn't a bad way to go if you have the capital.

If off-roader popularity continues, our :jeep: or that ZR2 will be worth $15-20K when they have 200K miles on them, so when you think about selling it at that point and getting enough money back out of it to buy a decent Corvette, it is pretty :notbad: after all that use/fun with it.
The main counter that I could possibly provide is the new administration may enact stricter rules and make everyone get pods a lot sooner. But of course that's unpredictable, we can however see historical patterns of excess and contraction in the 60s to the 80s and from the 90s to the later 00s and now again with the excess from 10s may contract in the 20s.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:40 am

How much is YOUR Buck Buck again? IIRC it is like 20% over this new ZR2. I think this :truk: would be :notbad: , I am with Max that it's a lot better than the Ass RAMmer but you'd certainly be stuck with it for a while.

I get the predicament having bought the :jeep: for $37K. It is a lot of money for a car, regardless of :dill: , the payments/cash outlay hurt, but if it's a long haul thing, it really isn't a bad way to go if you have the capital.

If off-roader popularity continues, our :jeep: or that ZR2 will be worth $15-20K when they have 200K miles on them, so when you think about selling it at that point and getting enough money back out of it to buy a decent Corvette, it is pretty :notbad: after all that use/fun with it.
The main counter that I could possibly provide is the new administration may enact stricter rules and make everyone get pods a lot sooner. But of course that's unpredictable, we can however see historical patterns of excess and contraction in the 60s to the 80s and from the 90s to the later 00s and now again with the excess from 10s may contract in the 20s.
:notwrong: although pods coming sooner would only prop up the values of the current "adventure vehicles" that we own. They aren't going to take away already existing cars from anyone, there is zero precedent for that other than maybe the cash for clunkers :bs: which was the most :wasteful: thing I can remember, but it was totally optional.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:03 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:40 am

:notwrong: although pods coming sooner would only prop up the values of the current "adventure vehicles" that we own. They aren't going to take away already existing cars from anyone, there is zero precedent for that other than maybe the cash for clunkers :bs: which was the most :wasteful: thing I can remember, but it was totally optional.
Gas going to an inflation adjusted $6 a gallon like it was in 08 would do some wonders on Resale values of the inefficient vehicles we’re currently infatuated with
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:03 pm

Gas going to an inflation adjusted $6 a gallon like it was in 08 would do some wonders on Resale values of the inefficient vehicles we’re currently infatuated with
:notwrong:

We have already put 10K miles on the :jeep: That would probably take a significant dip if prices dropped that much, we would probably need to rethink all of the road trips. The wife's commute alone is only 60 miles/week.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:57 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 pm

We have already put 10K miles on the :jeep: That would probably take a significant dip if prices dropped that much, we would probably need to rethink all of the road trips. The wife's commute alone is only 60 miles/week.
Yea... ever since moving a bit further out, I am driving a shocking amount... 2k a month is my current run rate. But that's due to road trips that used to be flights...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:59 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Yea... ever since moving a bit further out, I am driving a shocking amount... 2k a month is my current run rate. But that's due to road trips that used to be flights...
That is how we've piled miles on... we have road tripped to the FL panhandle, NC coast 3-4X, NC mountains 3-4X, Virginia a couple of times, etc. I also drove the C5 to Connecticut and back (1500+ miles) and to numerous track events in GA, SC, NC, VA. Meanwhile my local/day to day driving is basically zero, I go to Aldi once a week or so and that's about it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
ZR2 is more livable and cheaper, but indeed not as unique and not as fun. I love taking the top and shit off, I'll miss that in the summer. But for $12k+, I could probably do without it.

Longevity is the question though...I could see keeping my JT forever because it checks just about every box (even the highway I can deal with), but the cost keeps me back. The ZR2...I just don't know? I was sad to give mine back, but didn't miss it a lick when I got the JT right after. BUT, at this point in my life and priorities, it really could be the sweet spot of price, utility, and fun...giving it significant staying power. I know I'd like it way more than the Ram...and at least it's Whorange.

My truck has 19k miles on it and it's $45k to buy. Still the cheapest Rubicon I can find in the area regardless of miles, but it's also one of the higher mileage trucks. I still really don't want to get rid of it...love the color, the drive, even the highway is great at 75 and under. Now that house shit is settled and my ordered Ram doesn't even have a VIN number yet so I MIGHT be able to cancel it, I'm tempted to do something stupid, or smart to your point. Not sure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:32 am

My truck has 19k miles on it and it's $45k to buy. Still the cheapest Rubicon I can find in the area regardless of miles, but it's also one of the higher mileage trucks. I still really don't want to get rid of it...love the color, the drive, even the highway is great at 75 and under. Now that house shit is settled and my ordered Ram doesn't even have a VIN number yet so I MIGHT be able to cancel it, I'm tempted to do something stupid, or smart to your point. Not sure.
So $7K more for the :jeep: , pretty significant, almost 20%. I think you need to take the mentality that "your truck is used" out of the equation though. Used by yourself is not the same as used by some moron who abused the vehicle in god knows what ways. If it is really the car you love more than any other, it seems silly to off it for something for $38K that, wile definitely nice, you don't like as much and you will lose just as much or more of on depreciation over the next few years in which you own it.

You have had both of these vehicles already, if you prefer the Buck Buck, you prefer the Buck Buck. Sure, the orange is :neat: , but a ZR2 is still not a :jeep: :truk:

:iono: I would just keep the Buck Buck if the Ram is not happening, that savings isn't going to make or break anything and you'll likely make it back up at the end when both vehicles are used and a 19K mile delta isn't all that much.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:32 am
So $7K more for the :jeep: , pretty significant, almost 20%. I think you need to take the mentality that "your truck is used" out of the equation though. Used by yourself is not the same as used by some moron who abused the vehicle in god knows what ways. If it is really the car you love more than any other, it seems silly to off it for something for $38K that, wile definitely nice, you don't like as much and you will lose just as much or more of on depreciation over the next few years in which you own it.

You have had both of these vehicles already, if you prefer the Buck Buck, you prefer the Buck Buck. Sure, the orange is :neat: , but a ZR2 is still not a :jeep: :truk:

:iono: I would just keep the Buck Buck if the Ram is not happening, that savings isn't going to make or break anything and you'll likely make it back up at the end when both vehicles are used and a 19K mile delta isn't all that much.
Tough call is being able to buy the same truck (minus the color) brand new for just a grand or so more. Seems like the better deal starting over with mileage, I'm just way more bummed by the color than I should be. I love the way the orange truck looks.

The Ram will be built eventually, just not sure when. I doubt I'll see it before the end of the year. I ordered it in large part to assist with our move, but since it's taking so long to be built, the move is done and the JT performed excellent. There's still plenty of house projects that the bigger bed of the Ram would be nice for, but the JT would do fine as it has so far.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:49 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Tough call is being able to buy the same truck (minus the color) brand new for just a grand or so more. Seems like the better deal starting over with mileage, I'm just way more bummed by the color than I should be. I love the way the orange truck looks.

The Ram will be built eventually, just not sure when. I doubt I'll see it before the end of the year. I ordered it in large part to assist with our move, but since it's taking so long to be built, the move is done and the JT performed excellent. There's still plenty of house projects that the bigger bed of the Ram would be nice for, but the JT would do fine as it has so far.
Why does it really matter about the mileage reset though?

In 2025, an example that's one year older and 19K miles higher really won't be worth that much less, probably the same $1-3K you'll pay up front, especially in a rare and desirable color.

The great thing about not :plac: constantly is you can actually buy what you want/like instead of obsessing over the numbers... in the end if you don't totally throw caution to the wind, it will work out fine.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:01 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:49 am

In 2025, an example that's one year older and 19K miles higher really won't be worth that much less, probably the same $1-3K you'll pay up front, especially in a rare and desirable color.

The great thing about not :plac: constantly is you can actually buy what you want/like instead of obsessing over the numbers... in the end if you don't totally throw caution to the wind, it will work out fine.

Especially if I stop driving it so much and start putting miles on the JL (that only has 6k after owning it for 16 months now :lolol: ) I could probably get it "caught up" with others its age within a year or so and then it really won't matter. But it'll be the rarest JT color maybe ever. I'm still amazed by the color comments I get. Yesterday I stopped in a car wash and as I was washing it some old dude came up and commented on it...then not just 5 minutes later getting gas at Costco, the dude in front of me was in an older Tacoma and commented that he'd never seen a Gladiator in that color before and he thought it looked awesome.

I feel stupid putting so much emphasis on a color, but it really makes the truck for me for some reason.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 am

Especially if I stop driving it so much and start putting miles on the JL (that only has 6k after owning it for 16 months now :lolol: ) I could probably get it "caught up" with others its age within a year or so and then it really won't matter. But it'll be the rarest JT color maybe ever. I'm still amazed by the color comments I get. Yesterday I stopped in a car wash and as I was washing it some old dude came up and commented on it...then not just 5 minutes later getting gas at Costco, the dude in front of me was in an older Tacoma and commented that he'd never seen a Gladiator in that color before and he thought it looked awesome.

I feel stupid putting so much emphasis on a color, but it really makes the truck for me for some reason.
It is a giant whorange brick makes perfect sense.

Special cars are made or broken by colors. White Ferrari’s and Porsche’s are :gay: The JT is still pretty special because it’s a truk jeep, and that’s rare out there, you add a retina scorching color and voila, the moths are coming to the flame
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 am

I mean, I get it. I love good colors. I have always wished my C5 were yellow or green or even red. We love the Beep Beep being a fun color and get constant compliments on Bikini :megusta:

The Estoril Bloo and matching :dedong: calipers was probably my favorite thing about the Beemah.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm https://www.bettenbakerbigrapids.net/Ve ... 4690685333

For $38k, this is a ton of truck and obscenely appealing to me right now...
I cannot get into the Colorado, but you are spot on with the "ton of truck" comment.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm

I cannot get into the Colorado, but you are spot on with the "ton of truck" comment.
That new face is terrible. :gag:
It's a truck facemask, very 2020
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Gladiators have 8k on the hood here now, once again.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm

That new face is terrible. :gag:
Yea, it's terrible.

I remember seeing that "refresh" in the design studio and feeling like I was on crazy pills because everyone thought it was great. I may or may not have called it "the worst refresh ever" to the guy who designed it (unknowingly). GM Design is terrible these days.

BUT, the Bison is unchanged, that's the truck to get.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:54 am Gladiators have 8k on the hood here now, once again.
It was only a matter of time. Hopefully we'll start to see a correction in used prices too now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:23 am
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:54 am Gladiators have 8k on the hood here now, once again.
It was only a matter of time. Hopefully we'll start to see a correction in used prices too now.
People have seemed more than happy to pay higher than new prices for lightly used cars for 3-5 years now, it is one of the most :wtf: things I have witnessed in the market.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:02 am
People have seemed more than happy to pay higher than new prices for lightly used cars for 3-5 years now, it is one of the most :wtf: things I have witnessed in the market.
This year was particularly :fullretard: in that regard, but yea...used vehicle prices have made no sense for a while now.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:02 am
:dat: carmax model.
Some idiot :dillerman: try to sell used for more than new by saying they have “better warranties”.

:whocares: about warranties on nearly new vehicles
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:43 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:12 am

Some idiot :dillerman: try to sell used for more than new by saying they have “better warranties”.

Well, for drivers like my wife, who used to do 20-25k miles a year, we’d go low mileage CPO with a 100k warranty vs. new.

But that was also because the car was cheaper too. I’m not paying more for a used car, you out ya damn mind, fool.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:43 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:12 am

Well, for drivers like my wife, who used to do 20-25k miles a year, we’d go low mileage CPO with a 100k warranty vs. new.

But that was also because the car was cheaper too. I’m not paying more than new for a used car, you out ya damn mind, fool.
Wasn’t a tirade against CPO but against this https://www.carmax.com/car/19233193?utm ... ppShareiOS
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:44 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:37 pm

Wasn’t a tirade against CPO but against this https://www.carmax.com/car/19233193?utm ... ppShareiOS
But that stars and stripes Tacoma insert, :doe:
3 vin = hencho en Mexico
Mine is made in the US of A. Guess I gotta rock a Japanese flag then.
ChrisoftheNorth