:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:46 pm https://www.diablosubaru.com/new/Subaru ... 404d58.htm

Somehow we got quite a few Subarus here now… and I know this doesn’t have the monstrous hp of the 2.4 but 24k is hard to beat

https://www.diablosubaru.com/new/Subaru ... 404d58.htm
Red con :manuel: ? Almost can’t afford not to.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:01 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:46 pm https://www.diablosubaru.com/new/Subaru ... 404d58.htm

Somehow we got quite a few Subarus here now… and I know this doesn’t have the monstrous hp of the 2.4 but 24k is hard to beat

https://www.diablosubaru.com/new/Subaru ... 404d58.htm
:unicorn: and it’s apparently worth 34+ retail lol
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:54 pm

:doit:

Trade in the fastest car on the road for the slowest, some major :plac: profit for more Rollies.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I highly doubt this thing is worth that much. Nobody wants small engine :manuel: s
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:01 am

I highly doubt this thing is worth that much. Nobody wants small engine :manuel: s
:hai:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:14 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:01 am
Go buy one then.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:20 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:14 am

Go buy one then.
I don't want it that bad... but it would be a dece DD IMO. I would much rather have that than muh Beep Beep if it was just me, :tits: wouldn't go for it :doe:

:manuel: poverty Cucktrek + 86, Corvette, or Poorsche would be :megusta:
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:05 am
Go buy one then.
I don't want it that bad... but it would be a dece DD IMO. I would much rather have that than muh Beep Beep if it was just me, :tits: wouldn't go for it :doe:

Seems like a jeep would be nicer :iono: way more character.

Also why don’t you get an 86? Off load Beemer at 20 or whatever and get into an 86/subs at 29
ChrisoftheNorth

Go buy one then.

Exactly why they're not worth that much. The people that should want them don't buy them, and there's nobody else that does want them.

But yea, that would be a pretty epic stable. The Cucktrek gets great MPG for what it is and does decent on longer trips.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 am

Also why don’t you get an 86? Off load Beemer at 20 or whatever and get into an 86/subs at 29
Cucktrek is marginally worse than a Jeep in quality, certainly way less character, but it's quieter, more comfortable, more efficient, and far better to drive (dangerously close to fun).

I kind of miss ours. That little thing was way better than it had any right being.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:iono: after living with the Jeep for almost two years, I just don't really like it that much. I'm just not a :truk: guy. I love the fact that Jeep's exist, they are very cool vehicles, but not my thing.

I likely will get an 86 pretty soon (I hope). I am ramping up work travel over the next 1-2 months, kind of want to see how all of that shakes out before making any vehicle changes. The Beemah is pretty epic for a traveling salesman car. I can get 32+ MPG highway traveling to places like Raleigh and Atlanta and still have fun if any twisties are available, all while being a lot more comfy than an 86.

That said, I might just fly/rent a car for everything, I need to get into a groove and figure out my preferences.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:38 pm

:iono: after living with the Jeep for almost two years, I just don't really like it that much. I'm just not a :truk: guy. I love the fact that Jeep's exist, they are very cool vehicles, but not my thing.

I likely will get an 86 pretty soon (I hope). I am ramping up work travel over the next 1-2 months, kind of want to see how all of that shakes out before making any vehicle changes. The Beemah is pretty epic for a traveling salesman car. I can get 32+ MPG highway traveling to places like Raleigh and Atlanta and still have fun if any twisties are available, all while being a lot more comfy than an 86.

That said, I might just fly/rent a car for everything, I need to get into a groove and figure out my preferences.
Jeeps have character, the top off is fun the few times you do it, and it can go anywhere. But at the end, they're pretty shitty, especially for what they cost. I've had just about every type of CJ, YJ, JK, JL, JT, and I'm over them, probably won't have one again.

They make great toys, but that's about it. Too many downsides for a primary vehicle.
max225

Beemer is all fun and games until you have to fix it at the :dillerman: Other than that yea they are great... usually 0-100k miles are great in most BMWs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:05 pm

Beemer is all fun and games until you have to fix it at the :dillerman: Other than that yea they are great... usually 0-100k miles are great in most BMWs.
I'm only at 45K :iono: not really worry about it. I'm sure I'll lose interest looong before 100K :lolol:
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:48 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:05 pm

I'm only at 45K :iono: not really worry about it. I'm sure I'll lose interest looong before 100K :lolol:
I thought I was fine too, and then I got $4300 bill during a $100 oil change . :yikes:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:06 pm

I thought I was fine too, and then I got $4300 bill during a $100 oil change . :yikes:
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:06 pm

One of the many reasons I change my oil in my driveway :lolol: I do need to :troywax: on some tires soon :doe:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm

Jeeps have character, the top off is fun the few times you do it, and it can go anywhere. But at the end, they're pretty shitty, especially for what they cost. I've had just about every type of CJ, YJ, JK, JL, JT, and I'm over them, probably won't have one again.

They make great toys, but that's about it. Too many downsides for a primary vehicle.
They make a lot of compromises for off road credibility and donkey cart axles. I bet they would sell more if they went to independent front suspension. But they’d also get flames for it, they have backed themselves in a corner where the only excuse for the hilariously bad steering and body control is “it’s a Jeep thing.”

I still like them, but I wouldn’t buy one because I would basically never off road it.
max225

Donkey Cart axles can be ok... the WJ had donkeys and it was a pretty decent vehicle. It is something about that steering box in the JL. But yep :whocares: offroad cred
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:18 am Donkey Cart axles can be ok... the WJ had donkeys and it was a pretty decent vehicle. It is something about that steering box in the JL. But yep :whocares: offroad cred
Yep, the steering is :disgust:

Ride and handling are pretty OK.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm

They make a lot of compromises for off road credibility and donkey cart axles. I bet they would sell more if they went to independent front suspension. But they’d also get flames for it, they have backed themselves in a corner where the only excuse for the hilariously bad steering and body control is “it’s a Jeep thing.”

I still like them, but I wouldn’t buy one because I would basically never off road it.
My 4R is just as capable as my JLs were, and it's vastly superior to live with. Much quieter and more comfortable, tracks straighter without needing constant corrections like the Jeep, the compromises in the Jeep are being made in the name of "heritage", which is a fun novelty, but things improve for a reason. Adapt or die.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:57 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 am

My 4R is just as capable as my JLs were, and it's vastly superior to live with. Much quieter and more comfortable, tracks straighter without needing constant corrections like the Jeep, the compromises in the Jeep are being made in the name of "heritage", which is a fun novelty, but things improve for a reason. Adapt or die.
Yeah that’s basically where I ended up as well, the 4R although a dinosaur is worlds better to live with on a regular basis if you can get past the age of the thing. The jeep feels more special overall but it’s mostly the novelty of it.

After renting two for 2 weeks each, I came away each time liking the looks but not enjoying the drive where the 4R was reversed from that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Thing is, I think I’d still rather have Jeep than a 4R but would rather a Cucktrek than either :lolol: :wrong:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:41 pm Thing is, I think I’d still rather have Jeep than a 4R but would rather a Cucktrek than either :lolol: :wrong:
I’d rather have a Jeep for the cool factor I think. But I’d buy an outback over either haha.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:41 pm Thing is, I think I’d still rather have Jeep than a 4R but would rather a Cucktrek than either :lolol: :wrong:
I’d rather have a Jeep for the cool factor I think. But I’d buy an outback over either haha.
Somehow I can deal with a Cucktrek but can't quite be on board with an Outback. They are solid cars :doe: I think the wife is pretty committed to the Wrangler, so we won't be changing anything. It works out just fine for me, a little meh when I drive it on long highway trips, but for the most part, I get to enjoy having it but am not stuck driving it that much :lolol: Granted I don't drive anything that much, I don't think I've filled up the Beemah since end of November or so.