:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So... I am not sure... sure its rare but I think we're still seeing covid madness and inflation madness.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 pm So... I am not sure... sure its rare but I think we're still seeing covid madness and inflation madness.
Can I buy your Mini for $70K?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 pm So... I am not sure... sure its rare but I think we're still seeing covid madness and inflation madness.
Sold
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Sold
I must admit this forum keeps me looking at them. MINT R53 S Vert in front of me today.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:31 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:26 pm

Sold
I must admit this forum keeps me looking at them. MINT R53 S Vert in front of me today.
Pretty much most fun you can have under 20k that is relatively new without 6 figure miles.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:45 pm
The want on that Viper is :mindblown:
Yeah, that thing is excellent. :doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Has anyone here ever driven a Viper out of curiosity? Is it a thing you could more or less fairweather DD like a Corvette? I always figured all of the downside of Corvette (scraping, dump truck turning radius, anus shattering ride, crappy interior) were like X10 in a Viper. I don't have much interest in cars you can't get out and drive regularly, but man, Vipers seem like a lot of bang for the buck.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Not that I've driven one, but the old vipers are very basic. I don't think they even have ABS.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:12 pm Not that I've driven one, but the old vipers are very basic. I don't think they even have ABS.
They do from 01-02. Which is why those are more valuable than the "first gen"
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:12 pm Not that I've driven one, but the old vipers are very basic. I don't think they even have ABS.
First gen did not, iirc.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:07 pm Has anyone here ever driven a Viper out of curiosity? Is it a thing you could more or less fairweather DD like a Corvette? I always figured all of the downside of Corvette (scraping, dump truck turning radius, anus shattering ride, crappy interior) were like X10 in a Viper. I don't have much interest in cars you can't get out and drive regularly, but man, Vipers seem like a lot of bang for the buck.
You should get one? All of the things Vipers suck at you don't even care about.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:07 pm Has anyone here ever driven a Viper out of curiosity? Is it a thing you could more or less fairweather DD like a Corvette? I always figured all of the downside of Corvette (scraping, dump truck turning radius, anus shattering ride, crappy interior) were like X10 in a Viper. I don't have much interest in cars you can't get out and drive regularly, but man, Vipers seem like a lot of bang for the buck.
Not going to lie, I never have. I just can't get past the stigma of a Tattoo shop/Ex marine turned ammo surplus store owners.

I doubt they are 10x worse in the viper, both cars are equally shitty, but from what I hear based on my loooong 20k posts on the corvette forum and a few guys that owned both.

The Viper is more "raw", it gets much hotter inside and has a bit more noise. I think "Crappy interior" is in the eye of the beholder, both receive a fair amount of hate. I really don't understand the "practical" arguments for the Corvette which come up as it features a much larger hatch, since most people don't use it as a "practical" vehicle as IMO that's asinine.

Other than that it is still the same old thing.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:38 pm
Not going to lie, I never have. I just can't get past the stigma of a Tattoo shop/Ex marine turned ammo surplus store owners.

I doubt they are 10x worse in the viper, both cars are equally shitty, but from what I hear based on my loooong 20k posts on the corvette forum and a few guys that owned both.

The Viper is more "raw", it gets much hotter inside and has a bit more noise. I think "Crappy interior" is in the eye of the beholder, both receive a fair amount of hate. I really don't understand the "practical" arguments for the Corvette which come up as it features a much larger hatch, since most people don't use it as a "practical" vehicle as IMO that's asinine.

:lol: Maximillian horrible stereotype #768.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:40 pm

:lol: Maximillian horrible stereotype #768.
Lets also not forget that they refer to their cars as "Mambas" :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

BIG HATCH MAKE TRUK DUMB
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am definitely in the minority, but I actually use the C5's "practicality" all of the time, I've taken it camping, loaded up the hatch tons of times, used it for home depot, trailer hitch bike rack, etc. I don't think a Viper can do all that, if I was to get one I'd have to buy some POS Fit or something or just use the Jeep more.

I feel like those times when the Corvette is slightly annoying and it's like "man, I wish I just had a normal car" the Viper would be far less normal. :iono:

Unfortunately it's not something you can really just roll up to Joe Blow :dillerman: and have a go in.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:55 pm Image

BIG HATCH MAKE TRUK DUMB
:dat: is a monthly occurrence for me in one way or the other. Just Monday I filled the hatch with speakers and things to drop off at the warehouse at work.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

The only guy I personally know who owns a Viper, owns at least a dozen of them. He has a very successful jewelry business.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 pm

I am definitely in the minority, but I actually use the C5's "practicality" all of the time, I've taken it camping, loaded up the hatch tons of times, used it for home depot, trailer hitch bike rack, etc. I don't think a Viper can do all that, if I was to get one I'd have to buy some POS Fit or something or just use the Jeep more.

I feel like those times when the Corvette is slightly annoying and it's like "man, I wish I just had a normal car" the Viper would be far less normal. :iono:

Unfortunately it's not something you can really just roll up to Joe Blow :dillerman: and have a go in.
I still disagree, a C5 is not practical. Of course trying to fit a square peg through a round hole and anyone can do that. Yes there are some people that treat their cars as such, but majority do not. Some people race trucks, others take Lambo's skiing... also... :butwhy:

That said, the Viper and Viper owners are far more conscious of miles. It's basically the sub 30k mile crowd and the 70-150k mile crowd with no in between. People don't drive them nearly as much as Corvettes and especially M3s or the likes, partially because of rarity, partially because of practicality. So I would say yes, a Viper is a closer to a Ferrari than a corvette is from an ownershit perspective, as far as driving a lot/using them in extreme cases is concerned.

So Getting one with low miles and cramming them on would be an expensive undertaking IMO.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

RLWake wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:27 pm

:manuel: e60 M5's are rare breeds :doe: only 50 examples iirc for the US market?
I think the number is in the 3 digits. They only made manual E60 M5's for North America, nowhere else.
Well my photographic memory was :wrong: as max pointed out, it's only over a thousand. That's still not that much :doe:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I always liked these.....

Plus dat green doe....

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/98XQPJ ... da-prelude

Another :jimp: Vipah sold today Coppah head Edition
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rN1J1e ... ad-edition

Lastly, to get back to our rootz

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rkPWA7 ... en-golf-cl
max225

Such euros plate much wow.

The prelude is great. I really loved mine but it was also the "dreaded" 4 speed automatic that would grenade by 70k miles :(. This one has only 66k miles on it tho, mine had 153k but it felt NEW. It was the highest mileage nicest car I have ever had. Sold it for 7k about 10 years ago now.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:36 pm Such euros plate much wow.

The prelude is great. I really loved mine but it was also the "dreaded" 4 speed automatic that would grenade by 70k miles :(. This one has only 66k miles on it tho, mine had 153k but it felt NEW. It was the highest mileage nicest car I have ever had. Sold it for 7k about 10 years ago now.
The MkII is actually imported from the Fatherland...