Griff :plac: on nears full mast... Cayman review and other musings

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:02 am I really like my :poorvette: , it would be hard to :plac: it knowing that the it has the holy grail of engines shoehorned into 911s/rx7s/etc, etc to turn them into fire breathing monsters. Mine needs better seats doe. Maybe a choice upgrade to make the car a little more endearing? Seal up the diff? New gearzzz?
Seats and the scrape are the two :flaccid: of the car. I don't know what the best solution is but I would like to get some different seats.
Forum bro says that C7 seats fit nicely. Doesnt think the harness is compatible so there is some wiring to sort out but that would be a nice oem upgrade. Otherwise, i heard from one dude who says Sparco Evo2 fits, and his coworker at the performance shop who says it doesn't :derp: .
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yep, exactly.

They're just hitting the market now. Appear to be about $1,300 per. Which is a bit steep, but I'd seriously consider it if I had something nicer like your car.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:29 pm There's new Recaros designed to fit in C5/6's. They're :waxer: but would probably be 5/7.
Will look. Actual Protip vs. " :poorvette: :doomed:
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Seats and the scrape are the two :flaccid: of the car. I don't know what the best solution is but I would like to get some different seats.
Forum bro says that C7 seats fit nicely. Doesnt think the harness is compatible so there is some wiring to sort out but that would be a nice oem upgrade. Otherwise, i heard from one dude who says Sparco Evo2 fits, and his coworker at the performance shop who says it doesn't :derp: .
Evo 2 is a fixed back...would be a bit tough to live with in a street car. I've done it in the past, not again.

C7 seats would be intriguing, doe. They're VERY nice.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Yep, exactly.

They're just hitting the market now. Appear to be about $1,300 per. Which is a bit steep, but I'd seriously consider it if I had something nicer like your car.
Thats not horrible
ChrisoftheNorth

I bet the prices will come down when they start hitting more vendors too.

I like that they have cloth inserts for the ass and back...areas that need breathing. 5/7 would fart in.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:47 pm
I bet the prices will come down when they start hitting more vendors too.

I like that they have cloth inserts for the ass and back...areas that need breathing. 5/7 would fart in.
:dat:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

$1399 per side+ 299 mounting bracket per side?

And removing the side air bags and the associated check lights?

You getting a big Trump Tax cut this year?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:48 pm

I would only do the driver side. And yeah, I've been :waxer: AF lately, so nothing immediate, but something to watch.
FWIW, my accountant does indeed advise that I'll be getting the Trumpcut as we are a pass through entity.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:48 pm

I would only do the driver side. And yeah, I've been :waxer: AF lately, so nothing immediate, but something to watch.
FWIW, my accountant does indeed advise that I'll be getting the Trumpcut as we are a pass through entity.
So you're only going to do one side... and have it mis-matched?! Gotta have it match bruh. :deadhorse:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:53 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 pm

So you're only going to do one side... and have it mis-matched?! Gotta have it match bruh. :deadhorse:
I don't!

1. Nobody ever rides in the car with me
2. My gf would probably bitch about the agressive bolstering
3. My daughter would bitch about no seat heaters.

Not too worried about being dissed at the Kar Klub Hooters meat up.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:05 pm

I don't!

I'm in the same boat. Would also just swap one seat.
max225

I don't!

Yea I don't know about that... Car is too nice to have a mismatched interior no matter how nice the seats are.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:10 pm

I don't!

Yea I don't know about that... Car is too nice to have a mismatched interior no matter how nice the seats are.
Thanks for the compliment! And part of me agrees with you but my women :rolleyes: at this thing enough as is. Some 15 year old girls would be all "cool dad!" Mine sort of wryly expects me to start playing some Dokken or Triumph. If it is horrendously embarrassing as you suggest, I guess there's always another $1600.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man... Those are cool, but $3200.. Don't think so. Even in the poverty wagon I don't think I could deal with unmatched seats.
max225

IMO this whole corvette seats are terrible thing is overblown.

30 steak dinners (at pay area prices) on a pair of seats to replace this. While it isn't like ZOMG CARBONER CENTRAL. It seems fine.

ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, not sure I'd replace the updated C6 seats...but the C5 seats leave quite a bit to be desired.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:IMO this whole corvette seats are terrible thing is overblown.

30 steak dinners (at pay area prices) on a pair of seats to replace this. While it isn't like ZOMG CARBONER CENTRAL. It seems fine.

Mine dont look that good and the seat cushions are flattened by Barbara's fat thighs
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:15 pm
max225 wrote:IMO this whole corvette seats are terrible thing is overblown.

Mine dont look that good and the seat cushions are flattened by Barbara's fat thighs
You don’t have a 45k grand sport, peasant. We’re talking about the man from the desert
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:15 pm Mine dont look that good and the seat cushions are flattened by Barbara's fat thighs
You don’t have a 45k grand sport, peasant. We’re talking about the man from the desert
Oh sorry lol
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Well, I tracked the :poorvette: Saturday and now I'm even more :notsure: on selling it. The experience was excellent, the car was a beast and held up without any issue. All of the other guys in the novice class running with me were in Eurotrash cars and all of them were taking cool down laps, under the hood during breaks trying to find leaks, worrying about brakes crapping out. It really made me appreciate my car. I am on over one year old brake fluid, mostly just stock everything and the car was great fun and never felt made of glass. The only really shit thing was the damn seat. Wow. One of my sessions it just reclined suddenly and fell back against the wall behind the seats. It feels bad constantly.

I'm thinking that having the freedom of no car payments which could allow me to track whenever I want/have time, is a pretty nice situation.

I need to do some serious thinking in the short term. I'm definitely going to need new tires, I have to decide if I want to try to pursue a square setup or just some stock replacements if I'm going to sell the car.

:notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 am Well, I tracked the :poorvette: Saturday and now I'm even more :notsure: on selling it. The experience was excellent, the car was a beast and held up without any issue. All of the other guys in the novice class running with me were in Eurotrash cars and all of them were taking cool down laps, under the hood during breaks trying to find leaks, worrying about brakes crapping out. It really made me appreciate my car. I am on over one year old brake fluid, mostly just stock everything and the car was great fun and never felt made of glass. The only really shit thing was the damn seat. Wow. One of my sessions it just reclined suddenly and fell back against the wall behind the seats. It feels bad constantly.

I'm thinking that having the freedom of no car payments which could allow me to track whenever I want/have time, is a pretty nice situation.

I need to do some serious thinking in the short term. I'm definitely going to need new tires, I have to decide if I want to try to pursue a square setup or just some stock replacements if I'm going to sell the car.

That's the thing about this car...it's just such a beast in high performance environments. Anything you buy will be a downgrade unless you spend more than double what the :poorvette: is worth.

That said, keep in perspective how much you'll actually do track dayzz and if it's truly worth keeping a car for that purpose. I bought mine thinking I'd be at the track 6 times a year...when I've managed maybe 2 a year since I bought it. Still a fun thing to do when you can...I hope to get out more this year.

Didn't you just buy new tires?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 am Well, I tracked the :poorvette: Saturday and now I'm even more :notsure: on selling it. The experience was excellent, the car was a beast and held up without any issue. All of the other guys in the novice class running with me were in Eurotrash cars and all of them were taking cool down laps, under the hood during breaks trying to find leaks, worrying about brakes crapping out. It really made me appreciate my car. I am on over one year old brake fluid, mostly just stock everything and the car was great fun and never felt made of glass. The only really shit thing was the damn seat. Wow. One of my sessions it just reclined suddenly and fell back against the wall behind the seats. It feels bad constantly.

Tough call. You gotta be real with yourself as to why you want out of the vette. New seats won't fix an anus shattering ride or front end scraping on inclines.