Could you/would you DD a sports car/sedan?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Would you DD a sports car/Sedan?

Yes, I am not some god damn snowflake pussy
69%
No, I have issues that prevent me from ruling the roads
14%
Fuck you :225:
17%

Total votes: 29
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 pm In hindsight, I would have put :truk: in the middle of that one. :facepalm:
Methinks :mahtroy: is :drunk:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Sadly not, I ate too much chicken to be able to get :drunk: without exploding.

I think griff should :plac: to a :truk: because :truk: :truk: :truk:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 pm C5 DD is kind of tiresome at this point :doe:

Placcon is definitely raging, but it would definitely still be something sporty, 370Z, Gayman, C6/7, M3 :iono:
But don't you spend your life as a modern-day nomad?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:43 pm Get a low mileage car that’s CPO’d. The CPO warranty covers just about anything that isn’t a wear item, trim, squeak or rattle... up to 100k miles.

My experience with the 911 has seen them be way more bulletproof than I’d imagined. Properly maintained they run... and run... and run.

The Panamera’s a turd, doe.
Which gen? 996 was a low point for Porsche with lots of major issues with the engines. 997.2 and beyond appear decently solid to me but I have no data to back that up.
Johnny_P

I'd have bought a 911 if I had a parking spot.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 pm C5 DD is kind of tiresome at this point :doe:

Placcon is definitely raging, but it would definitely still be something sporty, 370Z, Gayman, C6/7, M3 :iono:
The 370z is too loud, too fast, and handles too good to be a daily driver. :iswydt: :wub: I love those cars.
I'm a fan of different vehicles for different shit. Generally I think your commuter should be what the west coasters hear guys "back east" have winter beaters. The civics, neons, accords, dodge caravans, Saturns, Chevy blazers. I drive the neon on Sundays and the rest of the week (two or 3 days depending on what week it is) i drive the vette. I've been on the fence of picking up another bike and saving caged commuting for rainy days. As you can see I've never had the desire to be "comfortable" while commuting. I drive around in a golf cart and walk all day at work. My piece of shit cars don't bother me much.
:like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

NeonJonny wrote:

The 370z is too loud, too fast, and handles too good to be a daily driver. :iswydt: :wub: I love those cars.
I'm a fan of different vehicles for different shit. Generally I think your commuter should be what the west coasters hear guys "back east" have winter beaters. The civics, neons, accords, dodge caravans, Saturns, Chevy blazers. I drive the neon on Sundays and the rest of the week (two or 3 days depending on what week it is) i drive the vette. I've been on the fence of picking up another bike and saving caged commuting for rainy days. As you can see I've never had the desire to be "comfortable" while commuting. I drive around in a golf cart and walk all day at work. My piece of shit cars don't bother me much.
What do you do for work? Sounds like a big place to warrant a golf cart.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I"m a wastewater operator. One of the biggest plants west of the Mississippi. Hence my signature VV :hue:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:43 pm Get a low mileage car that’s CPO’d. The CPO warranty covers just about anything that isn’t a wear item, trim, squeak or rattle... up to 100k miles.

My experience with the 911 has seen them be way more bulletproof than I’d imagined. Properly maintained they run... and run... and run.

The Panamera’s a turd, doe.
Which gen? 996 was a low point for Porsche with lots of major issues with the engines. 997.2 and beyond appear decently solid to me but I have no data to back that up.
Post IMS bearing issues. 2007-up, really.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote:I"m a wastewater operator. One of the biggest plants west of the Mississippi. Hence my signature VV :hue:
Got it, hence the shorts/hoodie attire. I like dressing down for work but no place i go to lets us wear shorts. Otherwise anything goes.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 pm

If you catch it before it happens you're good to go, no?
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm
NeonJonny wrote:I"m a wastewater operator. One of the biggest plants west of the Mississippi. Hence my signature VV :hue:
Got it, hence the shorts/hoodie attire. I like dressing down for work but no place i go to lets us wear shorts. Otherwise anything goes.
Its seriously the best job in the world. I'm outside, get to turn bigass valves, some computer work, I get paid to learn, and i'm surrounded by people who are excited to help me.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Do you have any access to know how many 996's were affected by bad IMS bearings?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm Got it, hence the shorts/hoodie attire. I like dressing down for work but no place i go to lets us wear shorts. Otherwise anything goes.
Its seriously the best job in the world. I'm outside, get to turn bigass valves, some computer work, I get paid to learn, and i'm surrounded by people who are excited to help me.
Your job sounds awesome! Mine is cool too :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :like: :like:
Johnny_P

Nice. I'd love a Guards Red 997.2. With a GT3 wing. If only I had a parking spot.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Its seriously the best job in the world. I'm outside, get to turn bigass valves, some computer work, I get paid to learn, and i'm surrounded by people who are excited to help me.
Your job sounds awesome! Mine is cool too :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :like: :like:
I do wear a uniform doe. :) ya I've had to work my butt off fot it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:24 pm

But don't you spend your life as a modern-day nomad?
Yes, I travel probably 45 weeks per year... but it's still my only car and thus my DD. I drive it a lot more than Merkle or Detroit drive theirs, probably combined.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

NeonJonny wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm rather :aintcare: which is why I've DDed a C5 for 3.5 years. A few things about it do get obnoxious though, mostly that it scrapes on everything. Road noise is also pretty bad. I can hang with the shitty interior and somewhat anus shattering ride. It has the creature comforts I need, A/C, a radio, gayges... The MOMO wheel goes a long way to make the interior OK, IMO.

I think the 370Z would offer a lot of the benefits of it with fewer drawbacks, and it's nice that a much newer car is still pretty cheap. I'm really loving the idea of a Porsche, but just fearful of maintenance/reliability.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:00 pm Buy $100k 911, drive for 10 years, sell for $40k. $500/month. You can afford that.
Is a 10 year old 911 really worth 40k with 100k miles? I'd actually DRIVE it...
Lol 10k miles a year, if it was my car, it would be atleast 160k in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

This is so hard for me because I put on 25k+ miles per year... I really should just get some stupid commuter car
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Should we ask him about the powl?

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 pm Should we ask him about the powl?

Must have a nice heating system for the winter with that fiery engine.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Is he on winter tires?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Is he on winter tires?
Nope - I’m sure ran over a few puppies and children on his way out of the parking lot
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Is he on winter tires?
Nope - I’m sure ran over a few puppies and children on his way out of the parking lot
Sports cars are light so they're fine on summer tarz in the winter. :science: