2018 Mazda 6, now with boost!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

2.5T from the CX-9 will be added! Makes 250 HP, 310 lb-ft in the CX9 and propels that pig to 60 in only 7.2. This should be pretty quick, I'd expect 0-60 in about 6 flat. The base engine will continue to be the 2.5 Skyactiv and will add cylinder deactivation.

This could change things. I've been saying for a while that Mazda is poised to be the next BMW but they just didn't have a motor worth a damn.
RE-ENGINEERED, REFINED MAZDA6 TO DEBUT AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

November 15, 2017

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation announced today it will unveil a thoroughly re-engineered and refined Mazda6 sedan (known as Mazda Atenza in Japan) at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The company will hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. (local time) on Nov. 29, the first of two press days. The show is open to the public from Dec. 1-10.

The Mazda6 is the flagship of Mazda’s passenger car lineup. The development team’s goal for this round of updates, the third since the model was fully redesigned in 2012, was to enhance the daily lives of people who love cars, incorporating premium details and new engineering concepts and technologies based on Mazda’s human-centered design philosophy.

The powertrain lineup adopts new technologies, including a cylinder deactivation system for the SKYACTIV-G 2.5-liter gasoline engine, to offer superior fuel efficiency and a performance feel crafted to match human sensibilities. In addition, the SKYACTIV-G 2.5T direct-injection turbocharged gasoline engine that debuted in the Mazda CX-9 crossover SUV has been added to the engine lineup in North America and some other markets. Producing torque on par with 4-liter V8, this engine offers an effortless performance feel that is equal parts composure and excitement.

The concept behind the styling improvements is “Mature Elegance,” and the design team worked to raise the quality feel of both the interior and exterior, resulting in a look of greater maturity and composure. A new high-grade interior features Japanese Sen Wood, often used in traditional Japanese instruments and furniture, and other exclusive trim elements for an enhanced premium feel that is authentic to the brand. Overall the design is more distinctive, premium, beautiful and dignified, as befits the flagship of Mazda’s passenger car lineup.

The updated Mazda6 offers a wider range of advanced i-ACTIVSENSE safety technologies which help the driver identify potential risks and reduce the likelihood of damage or injury. Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) can now bring the car to a standing stop and take off again when the car in front moves away, and the model also adopts Mazda’s latest 360° View Monitor. In combination with previously introduced safety features, these technologies allow drivers to enjoy superior safety and worry-free driving under an even wider variety of conditions.

The highly acclaimed VISION COUPE design concept, which the company recently unveiled at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show, and the updated Mazda CX-5, which adopts the same SKYACTIV-G 2.5 with cylinder deactivation as the new Mazda6, will both make their North American debut at the L.A. Auto Show.

In line with its “Sustainable Zoom-Zoom 2030” long-term vision for technology development, Mazda aims to use the fundamental appeal of the automobile — driving pleasure — to inspire people, enrich society and help bring about a beautiful earth. By offering an experience of car ownership that celebrates driving, the company hopes to enrich lives and build a strong bond with customers.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:01 am 2.5T from the CX-9 will be added! Makes 250 HP, 310 lb-ft in the CX9 and propels that pig to 60 in only 7.2. This should be pretty quick, I'd expect 0-60 in about 6 flat. The base engine will continue to be the 2.5 Skyactiv and will add cylinder deactivation.

This could change things. I've been saying for a while that Mazda is poised to be the next BMW but they just didn't have a motor worth a damn.

November 15, 2017

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation announced today it will unveil a thoroughly re-engineered and refined Mazda6 sedan (known as Mazda Atenza in Japan) at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The company will hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. (local time) on Nov. 29, the first of two press days. The show is open to the public from Dec. 1-10.

The Mazda6 is the flagship of Mazda’s passenger car lineup. The development team’s goal for this round of updates, the third since the model was fully redesigned in 2012, was to enhance the daily lives of people who love cars, incorporating premium details and new engineering concepts and technologies based on Mazda’s human-centered design philosophy.

The powertrain lineup adopts new technologies, including a cylinder deactivation system for the SKYACTIV-G 2.5-liter gasoline engine, to offer superior fuel efficiency and a performance feel crafted to match human sensibilities. In addition, the SKYACTIV-G 2.5T direct-injection turbocharged gasoline engine that debuted in the Mazda CX-9 crossover SUV has been added to the engine lineup in North America and some other markets. Producing torque on par with 4-liter V8, this engine offers an effortless performance feel that is equal parts composure and excitement.

The concept behind the styling improvements is “Mature Elegance,” and the design team worked to raise the quality feel of both the interior and exterior, resulting in a look of greater maturity and composure. A new high-grade interior features Japanese Sen Wood, often used in traditional Japanese instruments and furniture, and other exclusive trim elements for an enhanced premium feel that is authentic to the brand. Overall the design is more distinctive, premium, beautiful and dignified, as befits the flagship of Mazda’s passenger car lineup.

The updated Mazda6 offers a wider range of advanced i-ACTIVSENSE safety technologies which help the driver identify potential risks and reduce the likelihood of damage or injury. Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) can now bring the car to a standing stop and take off again when the car in front moves away, and the model also adopts Mazda’s latest 360° View Monitor. In combination with previously introduced safety features, these technologies allow drivers to enjoy superior safety and worry-free driving under an even wider variety of conditions.

The highly acclaimed VISION COUPE design concept, which the company recently unveiled at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show, and the updated Mazda CX-5, which adopts the same SKYACTIV-G 2.5 with cylinder deactivation as the new Mazda6, will both make their North American debut at the L.A. Auto Show.

In line with its “Sustainable Zoom-Zoom 2030” long-term vision for technology development, Mazda aims to use the fundamental appeal of the automobile — driving pleasure — to inspire people, enrich society and help bring about a beautiful earth. By offering an experience of car ownership that celebrates driving, the company hopes to enrich lives and build a strong bond with customers.

add a dsg and its a perfect :derp: car
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:09 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am

Skyactiv transmission is supposed better than your average auto. That being said, I haven't driven one to verify.
You should, for :science:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:woodplow: Mazdaspeed2

:trollface:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am Do I go work for Mazda or not... :notsure:
The wife doesn't like the CX3 so... no. Maybe a stop at Jeep sometime before you land there? :amir:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:notbad:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:01 am 2.5T from the CX-9 will be added! Makes 250 HP, 310 lb-ft in the CX9 and propels that pig to 60 in only 7.2. This should be pretty quick, I'd expect 0-60 in about 6 flat. The base engine will continue to be the 2.5 Skyactiv and will add cylinder deactivation.

November 15, 2017

The ownership costs are huge due to epic depreciation. Also I wouldn’t expect it to be very reliable, turbros never are.

It is a nice car but that’s it.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Yeah, a $30k Mazda6 is worth $10k after 2 years. :nope:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am Do I go work for Mazda or not... :notsure:
The wife doesn't like the CX3 so... no. Maybe a stop at Jeep sometime before you land there? :amir:
:dat:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:09 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am

Skyactiv transmission is supposed better than your average auto. That being said, I haven't driven one to verify.
Shifted almost as fast as DSG, with the smoothness of any automatic. Better than the ZF 8AT, in my opinion.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Turbo you say, well atleast you can tune. But still lags behind it's competition quick wise, like the 2.0t and such.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 am

I’d love to be a Jeep bro but those DCJR dillers are frightening.
Videon was like any normal dealership. Clean and quiet inside. Typical :dillerman: in a suit but it wasn't offensive and everyone was friendly. :dillerman: boss did try to close with me so that would be frustrating to do a handoff with every client but whatever.
D'Ambrosio was ridiculous. Kids running around everywhere totally out of control, crowded, smelly, :dillerman: were visibly stressed the fuck out, some kind of BBQ buffet going on? and buckets of sodas and shit all right in the front door.... Was very :wtf:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 pm

I’d love to be a Jeep bro but those DCJR dillers are frightening.
Videon was like any normal dealership. Clean and quiet inside. Typical :dillerman: in a suit but it wasn't offensive and everyone was friendly. :dillerman: boss did try to close with me so that would be frustrating to do a handoff with every client but whatever.
D'Ambrosio was ridiculous. Kids running around everywhere totally out of control, crowded, smelly, :dillerman: were visibly stressed the fuck out, some kind of BBQ buffet going on? and buckets of sodas and shit all right in the front door.... Was very :wtf:
:doge: jeep and Chrysler catered to the “special customers” of the automotive world for a long time, their customer base is freighting, can you imagine selling dodge farts and compasses, patriots ? Those are were the top selling vehicles for years.

It has got be worse than payment shoppers, “fix my
Life by buying a new car, I have 4 loose teeth for trade in a three legged dog”.

Ok ma’am let me talk to my manager we will not lose this sale :dillerman: :disgust:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 am

:doge: jeep and Chrysler catered to the “special customers” of the automotive world for a long time, their customer base is freighting, can you imagine selling dodge farts and compasses, patriots ? Those are were the top selling vehicles for years.

It has got be worse than payment shoppers, “fix my
Life by buying a new car, I have 4 loose teeth for trade in a three legged dog”.

Ok ma’am let me talk to my manager we will not lose this sale :dillerman: :disgust:
IIRC :doge: actually does have discounts for subprime borrowers.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 am

The ownership costs are huge due to epic depreciation. Also I wouldn’t expect it to be very reliable, turbros never are.

It is a nice car but that’s it.
Well... he did say the next BMW... so epic depreciation and unreliability are part of that package?

I like that car quite a bit. A friend of mine has a 2016 or 17 6 and it's really nice and drives really well. I also thought the auto was better than the ZF.
max225

I literally see no point in buying a family sedan as such new. They are super cheap on the used market. Big FWD barges are just :disgust: in general
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm I literally see no point in buying a family sedan as such new. They are super cheap on the used market. Big FWD barges are just :disgust: in general
Yeah Mazdas depreciate like a stone, and they are nice cars.....you can get a nice used one for a song.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm I literally see no point in buying a family sedan as such new. They are super cheap on the used market. Big FWD barges are just :disgust: in general
:dat:

The only reason to get a new one is if it's a company car.
Johnny_P

Yep. You’d have to keep it forever for it to make sense.
Johnny_P

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/l ... ures-info/

:mindblown:

Still wondering about AWD. Seems stupid to not have that available at this power level.
wap

That design is aging quite well. :megusta:
troyguitar

wap wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:55 pm That design is aging quite well. :megusta:
Seems hard to beat a used one for 4 figures.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:00 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:55 pm That design is aging quite well. :megusta:
Seems hard to beat a used one for 4 figures.
For sure.