Jeep Mods

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

The crappy part is that only the expensive shit hides away vs taking up valuable cargo space
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 pm So maybe that cover plus this https://www.extremeterrain.com/dirtydog ... 7-blk.html

I'm sure there are cheaper options out there, but these at least give me an idea of what I'm looking for and then I can shop around to find the best value.
Yeah I looked at all that crazy shit for our dog. Just a basic $10 net will be fine.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm The crappy part is that only the expensive shit hides away vs taking up valuable cargo space
Can't you make a box that hides somewhere? I made mine to fit in the empty space next to the spare tire.

Probably took 3 hrs start to finish.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 pm So maybe that cover plus this https://www.extremeterrain.com/dirtydog ... 7-blk.html

I'm sure there are cheaper options out there, but these at least give me an idea of what I'm looking for and then I can shop around to find the best value.
Yeah I looked at all that crazy shit for our dog. Just a basic $10 net will be fine.

I got 2 for like $12 on Amazon
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:52 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm The crappy part is that only the expensive shit hides away vs taking up valuable cargo space
Can't you make a box that hides somewhere? I made mine to fit in the empty space next to the spare tire.

Probably took 3 hrs start to finish.
A person good with their hands can make pretty much anything
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 pm

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the safety of clips like that, although it's probably no worse than them just being loose in the cargo area.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

is that stripe on left side of the dog attaches on the wall side of the seat belt as well? curious about those things.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 pm

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the safety of clips like that, although it's probably no worse than them just being loose in the cargo area.
Prevents Josie from jumping out of the car. Not much will hold back 60 lbs of dog meat in a heavy collision. That net won't do shit for that either.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Prevents Josie from jumping out of the car. Not much will hold back 60 lbs of dog meat in a heavy collision. That net won't do shit for that either.
:word: the net is more to stop her from climbing over the seat and trying to come hang out with me while I'm driving, but these clips would do that, plus maybe restrain them a bit in the event of an accident. I'd still like them in the cargo area instead of in the rear seats doe.
max225

Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 pm
Yas! I love that movie even though the whole series was terrible.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I use those as well. Hopefully never have to really test them out in an accident, but does prevent my pups from jumping out.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 pm
:lolol:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SAWCE

Talk in the normal Jeep thread got me looking at big brake options again. Curious what people here have done/would do. I like the Mopar kit, and you can find it on sale for $700 which seems reasonable for the full kit with 13" rotors and the upgraded brake booster and master cylinder.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:54 pm Talk in the normal Jeep thread got me looking at big brake options again. Curious what people here have done/would do. I like the Mopar kit, and you can find it on sale for $700 which seems reasonable for the full kit with 13" rotors and the upgraded brake booster and master cylinder.
sell it and buy a hellcat
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Durango SRT
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:54 pm Talk in the normal Jeep thread got me looking at big brake options again. Curious what people here have done/would do. I like the Mopar kit, and you can find it on sale for $700 which seems reasonable for the full kit with 13" rotors and the upgraded brake booster and master cylinder.
sell it and buy a hellcat
:melon: He's harrassing me!!! Get him out of my safe space!!!

:millennial:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:05 pmDurango SRT
Trackhawk doe...
max225

I think you need something else for the :manuel: how are the brakes in your opinion?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:10 pm
I think you need something else for the :manuel: how are the brakes in your opinion?
Yeah it looks like you need to buy an additional clutch fluid resevoir if you have a manual.

For light commuting in stock form, the brakes feel okay, but nothing special. I still haven't had to get on them hard at all *knocks on wood* , but it's definitely an upgrade I'd do preemptively before any sort of lift or bigger tars.
max225

I noted that even in normal driving you have to allow for far longer stopping distances
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:30 pm I noted that even in normal driving you have to allow for far longer stopping distances
Definitely longer than in the GTI, but I was expecting that, so I've been staying even further from vehicles in front of me and beginning to brake earlier coming to stop signs and such instinctively.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:30 pm I noted that even in normal driving you have to allow for far longer stopping distances
Definitely longer than in the GTI, but I was expecting that, so I've been staying even further from vehicles in front of me and beginning to brake earlier coming to stop signs and such instinctively.
it is odd... Like my stepmoms Q5, is roughly the same weight/size as a JKU but it stops normally... the JKU required an "adjustment" :yikes:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 pm

it is odd... Like my stepmoms Q5, is roughly the same weight/size as a JKU but it stops normally... the JKU required an "adjustment" :yikes:
Ah, yeah I don't have any recent experience driving anything larger than the GTI or Michelle's Maxda3, so the decreased braking capacity of the Jeep felt "normal" to me since I was expecting it to be worse than those tiny cars.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:57 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Ah, yeah I don't have any recent experience driving anything larger than the GTI or Michelle's Maxda3, so the decreased braking capacity of the Jeep felt "normal" to me since I was expecting it to be worse than those tiny cars.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/wilwood- ... 657&intl=0

Wonder how these are... you don't really need rear upgrades since 90% of the braking is done in the front.